Coalition of Healthy Geeks and Gamers Thread

Options
So, I've found one other gamer on these boards and I'm wondering if there are any others out there. The same goes for total geeks. I'm looking for freaks like me.

Table RPGs
Text-based
PC
PS
X-Box *bleh*
RPG
FPS
MMO
Wii *cringes slightly*

You name your favorite escape hatch. Non-gamers are welcome too! And the just plain geeky and weird!

An extra 200 exp just for signing up!

Replies

• Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* ;)

I play PC and console games, and adore D&D and other tabletop games.

Went to PAX last weekend-- it was awesome, but kinda messed with my healthy eating for the weekend.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to PC games (WoW, perfect World) and the Wii, also some ds games
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ah-hah! I forgot the DS. I don't play on hand-helds so I tend to be a little bit forgetful of them, lol.
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Haha *raising hand* I'm totally into computer games and stuff.. WoW, almost everything on Kongregate... Magic the gathering :D I looove RPGs and such :) Im kinda into japanese table games (like shogi or go..) :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    3:16 Carnage Among the Stars
    Systems Failure
    Star Wars EU
    And, I'm ashamed to admit... D&D. :blushing:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

Table RPG (Not D&D) {Deadlands, White Wolf, Feng Shui, ....the fun stuff}
    LARP {Mostly Vampire}
    Wii (sometimes)
    DS (Goes with me most places)
    War Games
    Strategy Games

I'll try most other games. That is what the fun part of conventions are. :)
  • GamerGirlGoddess
    Options
    Finally, a thread I can get behind.

Absolutely a gamer chick. Mostly MMOs here, hoping FFXIV isn't a complete waste of time. So far the beta is kinda - bleh. WoW is of course a favorite as well.

Lots of Xbox (Dante's Inferno was awesome!), DS (Rhythm Heaven is crack) and I've been playing the new Metroid on the Wii. It's really good too. And of course little casual stuff on the iPhone, because it's nice to have a game in your pocket whenever you want it.

I'm planning on buying one of those little under desk cycle machines so that my usually lazy addiction doesn't mean I can't still lose weight. :)

~Sarah
  • rfialkiewicz
    Options
    Why are you ashamed of D&D? What's wrong with D&D? What are you trying to say? 0.0 Hm? HMMMM? O.o o.O HMMMMMMM?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Haha *raising hand* I'm totally into computer games and stuff.. WoW, almost everything on Kongregate... Magic the gathering :D I looove RPGs and such :) Im kinda into japanese table games (like shogi or go..) :)

I like go...but I am horrible at it. I also like German board games.
  • Adusenka
    Options
    Lol this is a gamers heaven :D I never knew there were so many wow players here :D
  • rfialkiewicz
    Options
    Omg FFXIV is so on my system as soon as I am able to afford it. I'll wait until after beta though because beta never goes well. I've never enjoyed a single beta I've ever signed up for.
  • juday3
    juday3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yay! Its great to know there are fellow geeks on MFP! I'm a console gamer. I love Final Fantasy (especially 7,10,13) , Gears of War, Call of Duty MW, and Halo series. Also love the old school games on Nintendo & Atari. anyone wants to hit me up on xboxlive just ask me for my gamer tag.
  • Adusenka
    Options
    Ok I have kinda offtopic question.. can I somehow favourite a thread here? :D (I mean this one ofc :P )
  • rfialkiewicz
    Options
    I don't think so, I bookmarked this thread and you can find easily under the "my topics" tab.
  • Adusenka
    Options
    ah, thanks :)

btw.. does anyone else find it really hard to balance school (work), workouts and games together? :))
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am a recovering WoW addict. I actually have replaced my play time with exercise (and rugby). I have only really played MMOs. Started with EQ and moved to WoW (I played a little bit of Muds but it never really stuck). I am not big on the console games (other than WII sports).

I have done the end game raiding plenty and its fun to be in quest of the EPIX! I am sure I will want to go back when the xpac hits (or I see my bf playing the xpac since he wants to play again).
  • GamerGirlGoddess
    Options
    Balance - there's a scary word.

I've only been active on this website for about a month now, and it's summer break. Come the 20th, I will be working full time, plus two classes. I'm admittedly very nervous about what the hectic schedule is going to do to the healthy habits I've established the last month.

As I said, planning on getting a little desk cycling machine to have at work (heck, maybe a second one at home!) to make sure I keep that number moving down.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Balance was part of why I quit raiding which lead to just not playing at all (cause I am a wanna be the best kind of person). I couldnt keep up with work,working out, still raid and have a social life. It was too many balls in the air and something suffered (mostly work cause its the least enjoyable of the above options).
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was in the alpha and beta of FF14 and it didn't do it for me. I doubt I'm going to buy it.

FF11 still has my heart though. I play on Carbuncle server as a Red Mage, White Mage, Bard and Paladin.
  • dcturcotte
    Options
    SC2 is ruining my life!! :laugh: