WHY

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    A terrific woman by my side. I was married but it didn't work out. We have a kid together and I love him to death but I need companionship. Someone to talk to other than a 6 yr old. Someone to spend time with, do things with, travel, listen to...
    Go to a bar and seak out a old alcoholic looking person. Drunk old guys, in my experience, are friendly talkative folk.

Its funny you say this. I used to goto chicago and NY and usually late late night. I would just goto the local tea shop where most of the cab drivers are having some rest. Every single one of them is eager and waiting to talk to somebody and all you have to say is hello.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    It's because you're looking.

I guess I should quit looking then.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    You are seeking happiness in big. That is a mistake many unhappy people make. You are looking at others and thinking "I want that". No. That isn't happiness. That is envy. And while there is nothing wrong with trying to get there, many people forget that in order to get there, you need to enjoy the happiness in little doses life gives you.

Happiness is watching your 3 years old nephew steal your ice cream and running around. Not even eating it, just running from me because its funny for him.

Happiness is hanging out with your friends.

Happiness is making your friends laugh at the expense of looking like an idiot.

Happiness is a choice. I know depression and it isn't fun. I still battle with it hard and every day. But I have learned to appreciate the little things and that seemed to have made things better. I hope you find happiness too.

Best answer EVER
  • Slendermike
    Options
    You are seeking happiness in big. That is a mistake many unhappy people make. You are looking at others and thinking "I want that". No. That isn't happiness. That is envy. And while there is nothing wrong with trying to get there, many people forget that in order to get there, you need to enjoy the happiness in little doses life gives you.

Happiness is watching your 3 years old nephew steal your ice cream and running around. Not even eating it, just running from me because its funny for him.

Happiness is hanging out with your friends.

Happiness is making your friends laugh at the expense of looking like an idiot.

Happiness is a choice. I know depression and it isn't fun. I still battle with it hard and every day. But I have learned to appreciate the little things and that seemed to have made things better. I hope you find happiness too.

Best answer EVER

YES I NEEDED TO HEAR THAT :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Your happiness cannot depend on someone else. It isn't fair to put that kind of responsibility on another person. Be happy with yourself, and the rest will follow.
  • Slendermike
    Options
    Your happiness cannot depend on someone else. It isn't fair to put that kind of responsibility on another person. Be happy with yourself, and the rest will follow.

I am happy with myself, I have worked hard to have a great job, I have great friends, I enjoy life, would just like some company
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I hear sending random women pictures of your junk is a good start. :wink:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    You need a cuddle...
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I hear sending random women pictures of your junk is a good start. :wink:
    ^random woman
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Create your own. Happiness comes from within, my friend.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Your mistake is basing your happiness on having a romantic companion. That is only one aspect of life.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Some of the most miserable people I know are in relationships. The unhappiest times in my life have been due to relationships. You can't just unequivocally state that relationship = happiness.

As for everyone that glibly says "Stop looking and it'll find you"...that's BS. I stopped looking after my last relationship and guess what? No dates in 3 years. If you want it, get out there and meet people. Join online dating, volunteer, find some single parent clubs, MeetUp.com, go to church if you're so inclined, etc..
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I am happy with myself, I have worked hard to have a great job, I have great friends, I enjoy life, would just like some company

Then you are happy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just bookmarking this thread...

...for the next time someone says that we're all here for the same reason...

...because clearly we're not.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Just bookmarking this thread...

...for the next time someone says that we're all here for the same reason...

...because clearly we're not.

Hold me?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    u know what they say right? Quit looking and it will find u. I was divorced and when u divorce that kid may not be ready.... Give it some time and when u know your kid is ready, u will be also. Then love will find u. The lord works in mysterious ways......:flowerforyou:
  • obeseandsassy
    Options
    I find this slightly funny seeing as OP is the same dude who posted a thread asking about 'risque chat sites' on MFP.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Did you bring the beer?
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    needtoloseafewpounds Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Happiness comes when you don't look for it :) You might be happy right now and not realize it!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Can't I find happiness?

'First I have to find a definition of happiness.' Dr Ritsuko Akagi.