Weird things you're afraid of...

Replies

• " To dream that you have your teeth knocked out, denotes sudden misfortune"
    :( Thank goodness these meanings are probably inaccurate!

http://www.experienceproject.com/dream-dictionary/Teeth-dreams
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Not afraid of going under or over bridges but I'm terrified when I have to stop on a bridge.
    I'm scared of driving behind trucks with ladders, pipes, or wood on them. I constantly picture the gruesome ways I could die if they are not secured properly.
  • Lady_Clarington
    Lady_Clarington Posts: 76 Member
    Clowns. I'm not sure if its fear or just such a level of disgust and hatred. But I can't stand to be near them.

Anything else I can deal with, spiders, being paralysed, lions, guns and bleeding, dislocated limbs, the idea that I might under the influence of medication put my hand in the blender and turn it on....
  • ashb811
    ashb811 Posts: 17
    Pickles... Ahh I hate them so much. Even seeing them in the grocery store makes my stomach churn and my palms get sweaty.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Sitting by a window when it's dark out if the blind or curtain is open.

Me too!!!! All blinds must be closed when it's dark or I get freaked. I'm always expecting to look out and see a creepy white face or something.

Also, really deep water.

Yes, I have some of this. Don't like to not be able to see what is coming next. Realized this when I got into a really long covered water slide and I started to panic a little. Being blindfolded or being in a dark room doesn't bother me though.
  • leahgoldgirl
    leahgoldgirl Posts: 61 Member
    I am terrified of running out of gas while driving and being in any car that sounds remotely like it needs to be serviced. I have no logical explanation for this. I have never been in a bad car accident and the only time I was in a car that ran out of gas, the gas station was a block away and my father just walked up the street, got a gallon and brought it back. We were moving again in 15 minutes.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    clowns :embarassed:
  • emilyc_1987
    emilyc_1987 Posts: 62 Member
    I have a fear of telephone conversations! LOL!
    I get sweaty palms, racing heart, dry throat.
    Literally will only ust the phone if I have no other choice. if you're a stranger and you ring me, I ain't picking up! LOL!
    I can't even order take-aways on the phone.

it is ridiculous. and I don't even care!
  • carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Knocking out my teeth. I have nightmares all the time where my teeth fall out or get knocked out, and it freaks me OUT. haha. I check daily to make sure they're not loose!

I used to have dreams about this. I was told it means you feel like you're not in control of your life. I just thought it meant I didn't brush enough! :D
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Ceiling Fans I have not anchored myself.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    tumblr_l7bez8D8wb1qzd3rjo1_400.jpg
    trypophobia.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    "I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, 'Daddy check for monsters under my bed.' I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, 'Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.' "

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1iwylh/what_is_the_best_horror_story_you_can_come_up/
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Mascots...
    Bridges that go over water
    If I'm bench pressing, I'm terrified of the bar slipping out of my hands, falling on my face and breaking my teeth. :ohwell:

You did say weird right?
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Frogs! Yikes!!
  • Scissors. Not sure why, I'm just terrified of them!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Crumpets.

Or anything with lots of holes.

So thanks to that *kitten* for the pictures above, now I feel like I need to peel my skin off with a potato peeler...
  • cns94
    cns94 Posts: 165 Member
    sneezing while i drive. i'm terrified of swerving into someone else's lane because i can't see when i'm having a sneeze attack! haha
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Mice. Really, that's the only thing I'm super terrified of. I start acting like a stereotypical woman in a cartoon, all standing on the furniture and stuff. It's irrational, but there it is.

I'm not too fond of antique dolls, either. I also have a weird phobia about driving my car into a lake; I think about it whenever driving anywhere near one. And I live in prime BC lake country, so that's a lot.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Mice. Really, that's the only thing I'm super terrified of. I start acting like a stereotypical woman in a cartoon, all standing on the furniture and stuff. It's irrational, but there it is.

I'm not too fond of antique dolls, either. I also have a weird phobia about driving my car into a lake; I think about it whenever driving anywhere near one. And I live in prime BC lake country, so that's a lot.

The lake thing has always been a concern for me as well. Saw this happen a couple of weeks ago, luckily both driver and passenger made it our of their fully submerged SUV alive. Scary.

Wax museums scare me- courtesy of House of Wax.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Alzheimer's/Dementia.
    Getting shingles again ( on the face, lesions on the eyeballs, unrelenting itching rash and burning nerve pain 24 hrs. a day for 8 months).