July 8th MFP Runner's Club

13»

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Way to go on your runs!!
    I got out for 4.45 miles this morning. I feel so good cuz I haven't run since Friday!!! I love the feeling you get after your run, especially after you've showered. I'm so ready for they day.

It was really humid out there this morning and I was sweating a lot more than normal. I have kind of an embarrassing question. Since it was so hot, things were rubbing that normally don't like my underwear. I hear a lot of people run commando but I don't think I can do it. What do you guys and gals do to avoid the unwanted rub burns?

I go commando!! try it! - it is very free-ing! just wear the right running gear!! I also use bodyglide on my inner thighs (sorry for the TMI JD! girl talk here!) when wearing my running shorts...

Me too Tricia! Wouldn't have it any other way. I am SO comfortable. I would recommend at least trying it b/c I ended up trying it by accident (a great story I'll have to share over a glass of wine someday) :embarassed: and have been hooked ever since.

-Kechie.

:drinker: :drinker: <
    here is the wine - let's hear the story!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • meemi42
    meemi42 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm just laughing period. I think I'm gonna like this runner's group!

I only did two miles on the treadmill today. I'm good with it though as I haven't ran in almost two weeks. I had it at 5.2 which is higher than my normal. Baby steps, baby steps.

The only running pants/capris that I've tried that don't ride up are by Nike. They fit my legs so tight that you can hardly see the cellulite, you gotta love that! I'd like to find a pair of shorts that don't get all bunchy in the space between. As it is now, I'm tugging away at the Monica Lewinsky looking bunch up while running, it's not good for keeping the pace.

Tomorrow's a rest day but I think I might go outside and jump rope.
  • pmkelly409
    :embarassed:
    I wear the girl's basketball shorts. They are really long in the inseam. They hang down to my knees.

Thanks for the REI suggestion. I will have to check those out!

Sounds like those are the shorts I would need if I was to go commando...the ones down to my knees:laugh: :laugh: Okay...stop laughing...it wasn't that funny!

:laugh:

I'm laughing with you, not at you! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh JD! I am still laughing at that visual and the fact that you joined in this conversation!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    Oh! BTW! I got my 3.5 in this am - and as you may or may not know - I am NOT a morning runner so this was a big deal for me!

Got strength training and 4 miles tonight.

You are running twice today?
    I gotta go back and check the posts from the weekend to find out how your first 8 miles went!

While you were busy bbq'ing and hanging with your friends - I finished my 8miles at a 9:15 pace!! woot woot!!!

I was going to run twice today but I decided to change it up a bit and did a spinning class after my Body Pump class! It felt good to get these legs pumping!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member

I only did two miles on the treadmill today. I'm good with it though as I haven't ran in almost two weeks. I had it at 5.2 which is higher than my normal. Baby steps, baby steps.

The only running pants/capris that I've tried that don't ride up are by Nike. They fit my legs so tight that you can hardly see the cellulite, you gotta love that! I'd like to find a pair of shorts that don't get all bunchy in the space between. As it is now, I'm tugging away at the Monica Lewinsky looking bunch up while running, it's not good for keeping the pace.

Welcome to the nut house! :wink:
  • pmkelly409

Welcome to the nut house! :wink:

nuts...yum....loveshower.gif

WELCOME MEEMI!! don't let these running freaks scare you - they are harmless!! :laugh:

I want to patent the perfect running short/pant - no riding, no ML, wicks sweat, hides all imperfections, makes you look muscular, has a pocket in the perfect place for my IPOD, has a built in water bottle holder with a long straw thingy.....anyone else have something to add?
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member

I want to patent the perfect running short/pant - no riding, no ML, wicks sweat, hides all imperfections, makes you look muscular, has a pocket in the perfect place for my IPOD, has a built in water bottle holder with a long straw thingy.....anyone else have something to add?

I'll buy a pair! You'll be rich!

When my daughter and I were training for walking the marathon, a big part of the training was figuring out the "perfect" clothes to wear. Now I know exactly the kind of sports bra, shirt, shorts, socks and shoes that work for me to wear for the longer distances. I also developed perfect callouses on my feet so they didn't get sore after a while. When I went for a pedicure shortly before the marathon, I had to tell the girl to leave my callouses alone because I needed them for the marathon!

Okay, I'll admit runners (and even marathon walkers) are a little crazy at times!:laugh:
  • pmkelly409

When my daughter and I were training for walking the marathon, a big part of the training was figuring out the "perfect" clothes to wear. Now I know exactly the kind of sports bra, shirt, shorts, socks and shoes that work for me to wear for the longer distances. I also developed perfect callouses on my feet so they didn't get sore after a while. When I went for a pedicure shortly before the marathon, I had to tell the girl to leave my callouses alone because I needed them for the marathon!

Okay, I'll admit runners (and even marathon walkers) are a little crazy at times!:laugh:

okay, tell your secrets!! I use body glide under my arms but what type shirt do you find works best for long runs...I have the basic sleeveless shirt and I have the UnderArmor tank (with the zipper in the front) and I get chafing with both...
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member

okay, tell your secrets!! I use body glide under my arms but what type shirt do you find works best for long runs...I have the basic sleeveless shirt and I have the UnderArmor tank (with the zipper in the front) and I get chafing with both...

I honestly think it's different for different people. It's just a matter of trial and error. I found that a loose fitting sleeveless (not tank) dry-fit shirt from NIKE works great for long runs for me. It's so light weight I can't even feel it. I wear a very tight-fitting sports bra under it (the less bouncing the better for me.) I also think that working up slowly in miles helps to more or less break in the clothes. I used to get a little chafing under my bra line (mainly from my HRM), but I eventually got used to it. My best shorts are the lightest weight ones I can find. I have two pairs that are great and one is NIKE also (I guess that comes from living in the Nike capital of the world!)