Cinderella's weight loss knowledge

Options

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Freaking amazing post with so much great info.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    excellent info. recommended read.
    Thanks EvgeniZyntx :)
  • Bannie83
    Bannie83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I'll have to read this again later... :smile:
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I think that the recommended percentage that comes after it (ex: 2% daily value of total fat) is based on the 2000 kcal/day recommendation.
    Correct.
    The item itself is still 150 calories, but the percentage of your total may change based on your calorie needs.
    Based on the RDI, check...sorta. If your TDEE is 3500 calories that 2% will be a lot less then 2% of the RDI's recommendation. At the same time some of those values may be hard coded for any size and some of them should probably go up and down with weight. It's a guideline. It's not perfect. You'd have to read more into the RDI for information on that and why they chose those particular numbers. It also depends on what you're eating as everything is a balance and works together. For example, the more protein you eat the more beneficial it is to have more calcium. Another thing to keep in mind are some things are more bio-available then others (ie the calcium in milk is better absorbed then many of the alternatives, so if you are vegan it may be a good idea to have more then the recommended value). Also, if you are on a deficit that doesn't mean you need less nutrients. It's also harder to absorb them since your fat intake will likely go down with calorie restriction (and many nutrients are fat soluble). Another example is if you are overweight your protein needs are larger etc. If you are taller you could need more of particular things, if you are shorter you could need less.
    Does that make sense?
    Yes.
    I mean we can pretty much exactly determine how many calories something is based on how much heat it generates, but how it fits into your macros is a whole other story.
    It's also worth noting a few other things:
    - No matter how terrible your diet is, if you eat below your TDEE you'll lose weight (google twinky diet, do not recommend).
    - The RDI isn't exactly the most optimum macros to choose (and the optimum macros is arguable for good reason, I don't think anyone has found an optimum that can be applied to everyone). Their protein is recommended as a minimum for example...and it's to low of a minimum for a sedentary person, and active people need more then sedentary, and it's flawed:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/869015-fundamental-flaws-with-rda-recommendations-for-protein
  • purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump - so educational, thanks
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    People should read this! Thanks for taking the time to put it together :flowerforyou:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • CoderGal
    Options
    People should read this! Thanks for taking the time to put it together :flowerforyou:
    It's replies like that that make it worth it :smile:
    bump - so educational, thanks
    I'm glad you think so.
  • HeatherDominik
    Options
    Bump =)
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    should definitely reads this later. I am right in this boat and this sounds really helpful. Thank you for you hard work and getting all this together!
  • shipwreckgeorge
    Options
    :happy: Bump. Thanks!
  • BullBlanco27
    Options
    I don't have the same analytic mind, luckily, my language geek skills helped me comprehend this. Thanks for putting in the work to explain in detail, now I can point my math and science minded friends to this. Thank you!
  • LadyLuckAJ
    LadyLuckAJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump - for later
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! Thanks so much for posting this. I'll have to read it more thoroughly, but it is pretty much an amazing roll-up of things I've been learning this past year.
  • Jameson1984
    Jameson1984 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thank you for putting this together! This :flowerforyou: is for you :bigsmile: .
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this info
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    bump. :)
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bumpskis for later
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later - after more caffeine and a wake you up workout.....:yawn:
  • TreEe5
    TreEe5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!