What's the most influential change you've made

Options
since starting on MFP?

I think I'd have to say for me it was ending the drinking of calories! I drink plain water about 95% of the time now, and it has really helped me to cut back on my calories!

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    since starting on MFP?

I think I'd have to say for me it was ending the drinking of calories! I drink plain water about 95% of the time now, and it has really helped me to cut back on my calories!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Learning to take it one day at a time, seting smaller gaols.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    For me it's being accountable to myself and knowing how many calories I'm eating and burning. In the past I really didn't know how many calories I ate. I was eating pretty healthy, just too much.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I think after joining the MFP Runner's Club (:heart: ) I'm more apt to get off my bum & exercise.

They're the most motivating/supportive group I know! :love:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I agree that drinking water makes a huge difference.

Logging what I eat BEFORE I eat it has really made a difference as well... It makes me think twice about what I am putting into my mouth. I am learning to choose healthier foods.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I think after joining the MFP Runner's Club (:heart: ) I'm more apt to get off my bum & exercise.

They're the most motivating/supportive group I know! :love:

Awww Mush!! :smooched: We love you too Shannon!! :heart: :heart: 'The MFP Runners Club'
  • sapphyre0702
    Options

Logging what I eat BEFORE I eat it has really made a difference as well... It makes me think twice about what I am putting into my mouth. I am learning to choose healthier foods.

I agree. I love entering in my breakfast, lunch and snacks in the morning while I am eating breakfast, it is so exciting to see especially because I know that if I want something or am going out to dinner I can exercise and "earn" more.

I love the concept of "earning" calories. That isn't really an influential change, I just like thinking of it like a bank account!
    :tongue: I know it's silly!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast, and planning my lunch. I used to skip breakfast, forget to eat lunch until I was starving mid-afternoon, which tended to lead me to make some very poor food choices.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Bringing my lunch everyday to work has made my co-workers more aware of what they are eating...It has been great to see others start to think and act healthier because I have been strong and disciplined and don't eat out anymore....

Joining a running club to help motivate me to go faster and farther than I ever have before!!!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    I totally agree with MFP runners club....you feel left out when you don't get up and do something for the day.

My other thing was getting my friends and family involved.....much easier to loose and stick with it when your loved ones are backing you up and trying to accomplish the same things you are!

Happy Living!!

Ali:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    since starting on MFP?

I swear your posts are always the same as mine!! I'm trying to catch up with your ticker! LOL

I drank all my calories too...mine and then some! hehehe I now drink water 99% of the time...I have maybe 1 diet Dr. Pepper a week..if that.

Keep on keeping on! :flowerforyou:
  • jbeasinger
    jbeasinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I also log in my breakfast and lunch while i sit and eat breakfast in the morning.. it is great to see what you have to play with for dinner and that snack. i have cut out soda almost all the way. only have it once in a while if we might go out for dinner. i always have drank a lot of water at work. (Sorta forced too) i deliver bottled water for Culligan Water. :wink: But this site is the best.. I never knew how many calories i needed a day.. some days i would just walk out the door and just wing it for lunch.

Well the gym will be calling my name soon so i better go to bed! everyone have a great night...

Jeff
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have stopped looking in the mirror and telling myself I'm fat and ugly. I am looking now and saying, hokay, I'm not perfect, won't ever be, but I am doing all the right things to be healthy!!!!

Great question girlie!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I have stopped looking in the mirror and telling myself I'm fat and ugly. I am looking now and saying, hokay, I'm not perfect, won't ever be, but I am doing all the right things to be healthy!!!!

Great question girlie!

a woman of my own heart!
    this site has taught me to try my hardest to ignore the pudges of fat that i have had so much animosity for my entire life. I am now focusing on being healthy, and in turn, i get to look healthier :)
  • hollybee
    hollybee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would have to say for my it was just eye opening seeing how many calories I consume while watching what I eat and just eating better. I can only imagine what it would have told me if I was logging my meals in before I started dieting....

WARNING... WARNING... SITE IS GOING TO EXPLODE TO MANY CALORIES TO CALCULATE... LOL

By the way how do I get my ticker to show up???? Do I have to do something or does it just show up when I post something?? As you can see I'm new to posting messages:huh:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I would have to say for my it was just eye opening seeing how many calories I consume while watching what I eat and just eating better. I can only imagine what it would have told me if I was logging my meals in before I started dieting....

WARNING... WARNING... SITE IS GOING TO EXPLODE TO MANY CALORIES TO CALCULATE... LOL

LOL, ever wonder what all of our combined calories are every day? Like if you added up everyone on MFPs intake over one 24 hour period....that'd be a ton of calories!! I wonder how many members there are total?
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    since starting on MFP?

This was mine! Even though this past week I drank 1 1/2 gallon bottles of captain and diet coke. :grumble: I drink about 100oz of water and 16oz of tea a day.. I swear that has helped me tons!
  • hollybee
    hollybee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right I really only get on here to log in my info and that's it. I thought it was kinda strange that you can look at peoples profile or even have a chat room instead of posting messages in a message board. I think I would like that better. Then you could chat back and forth on whatever topics you wanted to talk about. I love the site but that's just my thought.
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For me just entering my food intake has changed my whole outlook on food. I had no idea what was going on with my body or why i wasn't losing weight when it seemed as if I was doing the "right" things.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Logging what I eat has helped sooo much! It is really something to see what you are eating and when you have a bad meal or day, just how much one thing can throw it all out of wack. But then you can see where you have problems and you can adjust to fix those problems, which have been great!

Plus it is so great to read all these posts and see how many other people are going through the exact same thing, or worse or better...but it helps to have other people there for you when you need them.