100 lbs Lost, Pic heavy, Not wearing a bra.

Options

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Inspiration beyond words.

Someone right now who is struggling will read your post and change their life.

Thanks for taking the time to share.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    OMG, so so so happy to hear your story. Regarding weight, we usually only hear from those who have been heavy all their life and it's always a struggle. The struggle is hard for all of us and recognizing it is half the battle.

Also having a mental image as thin most of my life, it took someone sending me a picture last year and I couldn't believe I was that bad. My brain image did not fit with the mirror or pictures, so had to get it corrected so I could look myself in the mirror again. Yes, I couldn't get onto the floor and back up again and that was just near 250 lbs.

I don't even care about getting back to 125 anymore. That's going to be too skinny for me.

You should absolutely be proud of yourself and all your hard work to find the healthy you!

Best wishes!! :flowerforyou:
  • CatSpi67
    CatSpi67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Really well done!
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ''Then I discovered wine''- OMG this sounds so familiar....I didn't even liked alcohol before, but after wine....
    Congrats for having such determination!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    *HI Sara*

Very inspiring....Amazing job!!
  • MMoriarty2013
    Options
    Great job, congratulations!

Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Awesome job sir! You are truly an inspiration!
  • preciousme150
    preciousme150 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    WOW, You look amazing, great job, you inspire me...
  • wmcguyer
    wmcguyer Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations! Just starting myfitnesspal today...I hope I have the success you have had.
  • sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great story. Shows that you're never too old to get in shape and get fit - you're an inspiration! Well done :)
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look so handsome! Fantastic work and very inspirational! Thank you for sharing!!!
    Where do I start? Ah well I suppose at the beginning. Unlike many others on MFP I was always as thin as a rake in my youth. In fact in my early 20s I was so thin my nickname in the Royal Navy was “spindle”. In 1982 at the age of 33 I looked like this, maybe 160lbs and 6’2”. I ate what I liked and drank as much as I wanted to. (Booze that is not water).
    May1982_zpsaa5711da.jpg
    Not long after this photo was taken I stopped my 40 a day cigarette habit. My food now tasted even better and I started to eat for enjoyment, but still no problem. I may have gained a bit round my waist but what the hell, I was still thin.
    By 1998 I was at University training to become a teacher and for exercise I was long distance walking anything up to 100 miles non-stop in under 48 hours and I looked like this at 49. I even ran a couple of half marathons.
    Nov1998_zps27e006b9.jpg
    I could eat and drink as I wanted and did.
    Then I discovered wine. Then I discovered gourmet food Then I discovered being a teacher was rewarding but SOOOOOO stressful. Then I discovered that wine and food helped get by.
    10 years later and I discovered that my stomach was big enough to use as a TV table for snacks. But in my mind’s eye I was still thin.
    24March10_zps62fd5ea5.jpg
    Then I retired and took up a new hobby, cooking. I bought all the books and turned into a right little chef. You know the sort of thing, fry off the onions in 4oz butter add half a cup of Extra Virgin Olive oil, throw in the belly pork etc. Huge portions and a bottle of Bordeaux to wash it all down (each) then port with the cheese and a cream pudding. I was in food heaven. But I still felt thin only now I no longer ran or walked long distances in fact I waddled.
    I began to be a bit concerned when I got out of breath putting on socks and stairs were a bit of a problem but I was in denial until May 2012 when my wife snuck up on me and took this picture in my garage.
    005_zpscfe82a36.jpg
    I was horrified. I finally got onto the scales and weighed in at over 320lbs We played at weight loss for a couple of months I think I lost about 15lbs till Sept 9th when this photo was taken, I weighed again and was 306lbs
    9Sept12_zpsd23af52f.jpg
    6 days later I discovered MFP and the first thing I saw on the forum was the success story of a lady who had lost 100 lbs She looked fantastic I showed it to my wife and we decided that we too could do this and we have not looked back since. Here are the afters
    27Jan13_zps97193f70.jpg
    This was my First 10k Jan 2013
    17March13_zps5b180fad.jpg
    April 2013
    05May13_zpse0b197cb.jpeg
    May 2013
    24June13_zpsb2518065.jpg
    Finishing my first Half Marathon June 2013
    28July13_zps1e703627.jpg
    Yesterday 100lbs Lost July 2013
    I think that this post is long enough for now, if you want to know how we did it then send a friend request, up till now I haven’t been doing the friend thing but I will be from now on because this is just the beginning not the end.
  • MrBecky
    MrBecky Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    WOW. Well done! What an inspiration :-)
  • AEMW8
    AEMW8 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Really inspiring =3
  • TaraSantiago2005
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!!! You are an inspiration!!!!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Great great post - totally inspiring!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Great job! :D

Maybe in 1 year someone will post abt seeing your success story and knowing they could do it too :)
  • sdpeklo
    sdpeklo Posts: 82
    Options
    I love me an awesome success story on a Monday!!! You have improved your health so much. Amazing!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing all the pictures! Wonderful job!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    so what you are saying is....some day....i too...may get away without wearing a bra?

:hopeswishesprays:
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I admit I clicked due to the thread title, but am glad I read the OP. Much congrats to you for your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!