Tattoos with no meaning whatsoever?

Options

Replies

• PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    To OP, I have several tattoos. All have meaning to me, but on a first glance from someone else they would probably wouldn't see the meaning unless I just wanted to take two hours and go over each one of my tats and explain it's symbolism...
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    To OP, I have one somewhat similar to the one you want to get (there's a close up in my pics on my profile)

No can do...your profile is private.

Just made the close up my profile pic!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The OP's picture is hot, that is all! The tattoo only multiplied the hotness!

LOL, I wish that were me!

Yeah I meant the pic you posted lol I actually read the OP before posting unlike some of the trashy tattooed people on this site!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Your body is a temple, why not decorate the walls?

They may turn out to mean something to you later.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are only for trashy people.

Some men like their women just a little on the trashy side. When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed. Too much lipstick and too much rouge gets them excited and feeling confused.
    Big fan of this song!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options

Got it. Very pretty!
  • crystalbishop5059
    crystalbishop5059 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Heyla,

I got my tattoo just because I like the design. Actually, I went to an awesome tattoo artist and said, "I love celtic designs. I want a trinity knot, and maybe some zoomorphic elements as well. I want my tattoo, 'here', and can be as big as x." He took out some paper, mapped the size, and I went away. A few weeks later, I go see him, see the artwork and said, ' YES, and do it NOW!' :bigsmile:

No specific meaning to start with, but over time, I've attributed meaning to it.

Here is my ink:
    5891_1059690187167_2717157_n.jpg
  • ganbaranba
    ganbaranba Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    To OP, I have one somewhat similar to the one you want to get (there's a close up in my pics on my profile)

Your tattoo is gorgeous!
  • crystalbishop5059
    crystalbishop5059 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To OP, I have one somewhat similar to the one you want to get (that's a close up in the profile pic) I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It does have meaning to me but I also liked the design, which the artist drew just for me, while I was in the room. When you do get a tat, make sure the artist is awesome at their job. Ask other people, whose tats you like, for recommendations. I drove 3 hours out of town to go to the artist who did mine and I haven't regretted it once!

Same. I did some research on great tat artists in the genre I love, found one I liked the artwork of, got a recommendation, and I drove 2 hours out of town.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    To each their own, but to me, putting a tattoo on a woman is like spray painting a rose.

But hey...whatever makes you happy. :)

couldn't agree more.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options

Your tattoo is gorgeous!

Thank you! It curves up and over the left breast, down under the left arm and ends just above the left hip. It's very "flowy" so it doesn't look like a straight line. It took 6.5 hours to finish and I confess, it was painful in places. I'd do it all over again, though, because I love it and I feel "decorated" all the time!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Some men like their women just a little on the trashy side. When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed. Too much lipstick and too much rouge gets them excited and feeling confused.
    Big fan of this song!

Me too!
    images1_zps974447a4.jpg
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    All my tattoos have some kind of meaning to me. My sleeve was started when I was having a rough time in my life and has evolved from there. Dont know if I could put something meaningless on my body thats gonna be with me forever...
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

BULL****.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    All of my tattoos have meaning to me, but more because they remind me of the people and experiences in my life at the time that I got them. They are my walk through memory lane and I cherish each and every one of them.
    This body is my canvas. I do not get tattoos to be sexy or to make a statement or to rebel against the man. I get tattoos because I love marking my body with symbols of my life that have meaning to me. I imagine they will still hold that meaning for me, no matter how wrinkly they get and no matter what anyone else ever thinks of them.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have tattoos with meaning and tattoos that are simply a design I love. I think a tattoo should ALWAYS be something you LOVE but not necessarily have a special meaning to you.

QFT.

i have both as well. 3 with meaning, one that's just purdy.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all my tattoos have no real meaning. I have a few tattoos that have meaning (my nieces birthdate, her hand prints and her name (the hands prints and name are one tattoo), and my feet have a quote on them that is really very personal and means a lot to me) other than that the rest of my ink really has no super deep meaning.

I firmly believe in getting something you love, and that you can live with forever. Does that mean it has some specific life event that goes with it? Not at all, there is no story for my turtle wearing a top hat smoking other than I fell in love with it while i stood in line at the shop to donate money to the Turtle and Sea Bird rescue after an oil spill.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I love dragonflies so I have a small dragonfly on my foot. i want a second one but I definately want something that means something to me.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Mine sorta have meaning & are sorta just what I think is cool. I'd be covered in them if I could decide what I wanted easier. I would love to be able to just see something cool & get it