I burnt 5,500 calories in one day... my NSV!!!

Options

Replies

• Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful accomplishment! You should feel extremely proud of yourself- you never gave up! I hope the soreness eases up for you soon! Will you be doing it again next year? :tongue:

Thank you so much everyone :)

I had to laugh at this as my first words once over the finish line were...... "never again"!! lol.

You will soon forget the pain and I'd put money on you doing it again next year! It's like childbirth. If we remembered the pain NO ONE would have more than 1. What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations!

LOL, well I did end up with 2 kids so maybe haha!
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great work! Very inspiring.... :)
  • pinme13
    pinme13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing story. I even teared up a little at your struggles. Congratulations on your amazing triumph!
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is so fantastic, such an inspiration! Well done you.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Incredible work and what an inspiration you are!! Can't wait to read your post next year when you do it again!!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!!! I would add you as a friend but you already are :wink: Awesome what you accomplished for the event and for your life. Thank you for supporting such a worthy cause and our favoriite charities need as much help as we can give. I do a few 5K's (breast cancer cuz me and just about all the women in my family have had it), Diabetes, because my nephew and love of my life has it and St. Jude's because I think they are just amazing! Thanks again for all you do and a very sincere Congrats to you!:heart:
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Big congrats to you! Wish I could have been there to struggle through with you. But to have done that is amazing - just keep going .
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I really hope you realize how amazing you are. CONGRATS!
  • Faery_Dust
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind words! I really appreciate them so much!

Hey maybe I should make a deal with myself and commit to doing it again when I reach my goal in another 50lbs and see if it is much easier lol.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm signing up for a 28 mile charity hike. Please message me any tips you have!!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    So impressed with you! WTG!
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't imagine that! Best way to combat muscle soreness is actually the opposite of what you might think. I love warm baths, but cold soaks actually fight the inflammation in your muscles. (Heat makes them more inflammed.) Fill your tub with enough cold water to cover your legs. If it's not cold enough for you, add ice. 15 minutes a day and you will feel like a new person within a day or two. They are not fun, I will admit, but I feel worlds better after I cold soak. Let me know how it goes!
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You. Are. Amazing.

That is all :smile:
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW! So impressive!
  • Faery_Dust
    Options
    Thank you all sooooo much! :flowerforyou:
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    WOW! Hats off to you. I burnt 2200 calories today and I felt proud of myself. Now I have to match up with you one day. So thanks for motivating me. Kudos for an amazing job. Very happy for you.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    That is crazy amazing! I can't even imagine it. So proud of you!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for facing that HUGE challenge and making it through even though you had pain, blisters and wanted to stop. YOU did it!!! YOU made it through!!! Big hugs!!!
  • Amor
    Amor Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WOW!

I'm totally blow away by this! How seriously incredible, I struggle to force myself through an hour of running... But almost 11 hours and trekking through that? Seriously, so amazing.

Get some bananas and epsom salt, eat the bananas and soak for a bit in the tub with the salt. Also, even though it'll suck, stretch daily it'll help with the soreness.

Congratulations again!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That's incredible, great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!