Zumba? Yay or Nay??

Options
13»

Replies

• Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba... But of course I teach it:) If finances are an issue, might I suggest watching videos on You Tube? There are several very well choreographed routines out there. If you need any suggestions for videos, send me a message:)

Zumba is an interval cardio workout so it really burns a lot of calories:) Plus works out your core!
    Good Luck to you!
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My friend and I take an Aqua Zumba class twice a week and we love it! We are the youngest gals in the class, at 43 and 47, and find the older ladies (late 60's and up) to be a riot. Most exercise classes are hard on my ankles, knees, and hips, but this class has been great. It is helping me tone my arms and legs and my teacher (who is young) is wonderful! I also walk a lot and lift weights at home, but adding Aqua Zumba has been a nice change.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba as a supplement to my other workouts. Fun way to burn some extra calories.

This. When I first started, it was super challenging. I go 2-3 times a week to class. Now, 5 months later, it isn't challenging at all. I keep doing it because it is so much FUN!!!!! Burning calories is just a bonus. It's one big party when we're all there dancing our butts off.
  • sinthia619
    sinthia619 Posts: 15
    Options
    I love, love, love Zumba. I go to an actual class because that is the only way I can stay motivated. I can't see myself doing it alone in my living room. I pay $40/month for unlimited classes. The fitness studio I attend also offers cardio and zumba toning aside from zumba. My Zumba instructor is great because she incorporates lunges, squats, sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, etc in all of her classes. Good luck!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 53 lbs doing Zumba at home! It works, I have 70 lbs to go still! but honestly Ive never felt better. It's a lot of fun! I've never been to a class...so i cant speak for it in that aspect, but the total body system by Zumba is amazing.
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Not just yay, but hell yay!!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I didn't have 100 lbs to lose but my loss definitely involved Zumba. My instructor offers a free first class and its a pass card system or walkin, you don't pay up front... So you don't have to be out a lot of money if its not your thing. Maybe someone near you does it e same way.
  • MeAt135
    MeAt135 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! YAY YAY YAY!! DO ZUMBA!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!