How many calories do you leave yourself for dinner?

Options

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    I leave as many as possible, it depends how hungry I am through out the day.

This. I typically have at LEAST 600 calories. I'm all right with having a smaller breakfast or lunch, but I can't do small dinners.
    this because i can go most the day without eating but i get supper hungry at night no matter how much i eat during the day
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    900 - 1000 calories. gives me room for a decent meal and a snack.
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I try to divide it evenly, too. Basically eating when I'm hungry throughout the day but this is only my second day on this (I already love it) and my usual breakfast ended up being double the calories I thought it was.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    1600-2000. I generally start my day with a target of 1920, then I do two a day workouts which generally adds 1250 or so earned. But I try to stay around 2500 for my target regardless of burn. So I actually eat 1000 from 4 to 8 PM. Then I am done until the next morning.
  • flynnem4
    flynnem4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At least 500 of my regular calories, plus whatever exercise calories I've chalked up for the day.
  • joellemorin
    joellemorin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually have around 800 left for dinner and evening snack. I like to make dinner the biggest meal of my day, even though they say we should do the opposite :p I eat early, so I have a lot of time to digest before going to bed.
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    500+, but I try to keep it over 700 if I can. No mean feat when you're on 1200 calories and up some days from 3.30am ;)
  • danicabrouillette
    Options
    I left myself an exact total of 200 calories! I know it's not a lot but i had a bratwurst with ketchup and managed to have 20 calories left! Of course I didn't have any sides to my meal because of the little calories I had left!
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I usually have about 900 calories left for dinner and my late night snack...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Usually about 300 for breakfast. 130 for a shake. 200 for a snack. 400 for lunch. That's 1030? So about 870 for dinner+dessert.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, really. On work days I generally only leave 300, as I get home, work out, eat, and then bed.

On days off I like to leave 500?
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Around 600 calories. It depends though because sometimes I'll have those 600 calories for lunch and eat less calories for dinner (like 300 calories).
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My dinner is usually around 500 calories. I eat a lot of chicken/fish which is lower in calories. I also eat a lot of veggies for dinner which are also low.
  • sdonovan4
    sdonovan4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I leave about 400 to 500 for dinner. I work nights though so my schedule is screwy.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I usually plan what I want to eat for dinner in advance and leave that amount of calories. Some days I want smaller dinners, some days if I'm hungry I want a bigger meal.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    350-700. Depends on the day. I prefer eating more for breakfast.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I don't. I decide the night before/in the morning what I'm eating for dinner and I make and eat that meal for those calories. If I decide to change, the rule is I have to change for something with the same calories or fewer.

Keeps me honest.
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1800-1900 caloris "budget" and typically leave 900-1000 calories for dinner
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It averages around 1400 out of 1700 during the week, I like to run lean during the working day.

Weekends it's a bit more balanced through the day.
  • antxoable
    antxoable Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Cannot believe what i am reading, everyone eat the most at night?it might be because where i came from but i have a 200-300 breakfast, 600 lunch , 400 dinner and couple of snacks of about 200 each. if i eat a big dinner i cannot sleep well and my belly hurts a lot....