butter?

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Light cream cheese can work with like jam on toast or something??
    Or light cream cheese with strawberries on toast or crumpets or breakfast muffins is greaaaat

Avocado is good in sandwiches ..but it still quite calorie dense! but VERY nutritious.

You don't really need to cut out butter out though.. work it in your calories??

I don't eat butter often, only sometimes when I get cravings for fresh italian bread with lots of butter haha, which I would fit into my calories :)

I'm sorry it where did the op say they were going to cut out butter?

I prefer real butter but I do like clover (might be a uk thing)
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I always heard that if you're most concerned about heart disease, choose margarine. If you're most concerned about cancer, choose butter.

I personally use butter, but very sparingly, and only when what I am eating really calls for butter - ie corn on the cob, etc.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Light cream cheese can work with like jam on toast or something??
    Or light cream cheese with strawberries on toast or crumpets or breakfast muffins is greaaaat

Avocado is good in sandwiches ..but it still quite calorie dense! but VERY nutritious.

You don't really need to cut out butter out though.. work it in your calories??

I don't eat butter often, only sometimes when I get cravings for fresh italian bread with lots of butter haha, which I would fit into my calories :)

I'm sorry it where did the op say they were going to cut out butter?

I prefer real butter but I do like clover (might be a uk thing)

Sorry, I assumed when she asked for a "substitute" it meant she may be considering cutting out butter
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure butter gives you cancer. Or is that margarine? ...best to avoid both, just in case.

there is information out there that would have you believing just about everything gives you cancer. you can't avoid everything because the information is always changing.

I use soft spread regular butter. Earth Balance is good too but the calories are higher because its made with oil.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use unsalted butter for cooking and butter w/ olive oil as a spread. I know there are more calories, but it's natural. I just don't use a lot of it, but a little goes a long way!
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Let's look at the ingredients -

Margarine; veggie-oil blend, water, whey (milk), salt, veggie mono & diglycerides, soy lecithin, citric acid, artificial flavors, vitamin A, beta carotene (for color)

Butter; sweet cream, salt

Seems like a no-brainer to me...
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I like whipped butter, it spreads very easily.
  • mikeymoney
    mikeymoney Posts: 37
    Options
    People in France eat a lot of butter and are some of the leanest people. It is all about portion control.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Butter, if I want butter I use butter ... not margarine ... not smart balance ...

I limit the amount cause it is so high in calorie, but I will always choose the real not the fake when it comes to these things.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Real butter for me~! Unsalted please.
  • JuliesInsulinResistance
    Options
    Kerrygold tastes delicious, comes from grass fed cows and is sold for a reasonable price at Trader Joes and at some Costco's.
  • MikeBenWilliams
    Options
    Kerrygold is pure Irish butter from grass fed cows only. Only ingredients are cream and salt or your can get unsalted. It's amazing!!
  • wjack459
    wjack459 Posts: 17
    Options
    unsalted and fat free use lightly just get rid of the marganie lol
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Real butter. Just use a small amount, since its high in calories, but the flavor is worth it, and the real thing is always better than a substitute like margarine.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I alternate between Land O' Lakes salted whipped butter and that Brummel & Brown Yogurt Butter stuff. I like both. Real butter has more calories, so sometimes I will use the yogurt butter, but I really do like both. If you're scared of ingredients that you can't pronounce (which doesn't mean they're bad, by the way), then go with real butter.
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    forget the fake "healthy" options

stick with the real thing!
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Kerrygold is pure Irish butter from grass fed cows only. Only ingredients are cream and salt or your can get unsalted. It's amazing!!

Irish and best :D
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Real butter. No extra ingredients, and no substitutes.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Real butter for me! I like to get unsalted butter and I rarely use it. If I'm cooking eggs I am more likely to use coconut oil, or olive oil... I usually use real butter for baking. :flowerforyou:
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer real butter, but whipped (no brand preference) - loads of flavor without using much (or added calories), and none of the wacky artificial ingredients you can't pronounce. I say, if you don't know what it is, don't put it in your body.