How do you curb your late night hunger?

Options
124»

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Casein protein shake...

It's the protein in milk that makes you feel full...

Think of it as a slow release version of whey... 4-6 hours

Celery and Salsa...

2-3 pieces with salsa 10 calories, I dare to try and eat a hundred calories worth...

Soak the celery, it take a lot of the bitterness out

Better yet make the casein into fluff instead of a shake!
  • rwest2321
    rwest2321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have a lifesaver mint or some crystal light if you aren't hungry but craving something sweet at night. Also, brushing your teeth right after dinner! :)
  • lovelaughrun
    lovelaughrun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make a big thing of chia seed pudding once a week and have a few tablespoons of that if I have cravings after dinner. Or warm up some almond milk with cinnamon and natvia to sweeten. Normally I only crave sugar so this works. I've been told you shouldn't eat 3 hours before bed to give your body time to properly and fully digest the days food and that works for me - I go to bed just satisfied otherwise I wake up bloated
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe a few pnut butter crackers. some cheese, cottage cheese..half of a nanner..and another glass or two of water..:)
  • r_balogh
    r_balogh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Air pop some popcorn it's a great snack and filling too. Three cups popped is around 90-120 calories depending on brand
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Brush my teeth and go to bed!
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Swiss cake rolls and pringles.
  • TheFatFox
    TheFatFox Posts: 126
    Options
    There are some great tips here. Thanks, everyone, for sharing. Again, feel free to add me as a fellow pal if you wish. I can use all the help I can get.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Have some to eat is what I do. Normally I'll eat around 300-500 calories before I goto bed.
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Usually I just say to myself that I've had my calorie intake that my body needs for the day, it doesn't need anymore, and it's just my mind. Somehow I have a massive treat draw that is only touched if my calories allows it - haha. I never thought I had self control!

I just sip away at my water bottle and then go to bed if it's super bad.
  • esjayfit
    esjayfit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For me, I found going to bed earlier. A lot of my late night snacking urges come from years of routinely settling down around 8, putting on the TV and turning out some lights and just like that, the cravings hit like clockwork. I find waking up at 6-630 instead of 8, giving myself that extra push at the gym, and staying active up until about 30 mins - 1 hr before I plan on falling asleep didn't let my brain do that, "hey it's night time, lets get some chips and maybe a chocolate bar" thing I had done to myself for so long. And when I wake up rested knowing I made it through the entire previous day with healthy choices and no late night binging is a really good feeling.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    Still trying to figure out what works for me on this. I'm a night owl, and love being up at night. It's the only time I really have to myself, and I intensely need my "me" time, but I work long hours and end up wanting to chew someone's arm off (despite being a vegetarian) if I don't eat breakfast before work.

I have noticed, though, that protein shakes help me feel fuller longer, so some more thought into the logistics of working more of those into my calories near the end of the day will need to be done.
  • Possible_Infinity
    Possible_Infinity Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    All proteins shakes aren't the same...

"Casien" is going last 4-5+ hours, basically this protein takes much longer to digest and you'll feel full for a longer.

Not a great protein alone for a post workout meal, your going to want a whey or some other blend then.

I often Cycle and Lift in the afternoon, when I get home I usually make a Casien and Whey shake... I often got to remind myself to eat dinner.

Still trying to figure out what works for me on this. I'm a night owl, and love being up at night. It's the only time I really have to myself, and I intensely need my "me" time, but I work long hours and end up wanting to chew someone's arm off (despite being a vegetarian) if I don't eat breakfast before work.

I have noticed, though, that protein shakes help me feel fuller longer, so some more thought into the logistics of working more of those into my calories near the end of the day will need to be done.