What's Your Take? (Friends List)

Options
13»

Replies

• belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I used to cut people who didn't interact much. I haven't culled the list lately. I figure it is summer, and people are busy with family stuff, and may not be on as much. I try to interact with everyone at least once a week on my list, and more often if they interact with me. Yet, I still find myself getting cut on occasion. Maybe it's the creeper comments I make on friends' walls.

Which is why you should only send creeper comments through PM or only to random strangers on the forum. Although I do like all the creeper comments my friends made on my wall.

Have I sent you creeper PMs yet? In case not, I will send you one now. I don't want you to feel left out.

Thank you for rectifying that situation. Creeper PMs are the highlight of my day. I will be anxiously waiting for it.

In for creeper PMs! :flowerforyou: I only delete friends if they've been inactive for more than 30 days. Or a couple because they were seriously annoying, but I keep most of em.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I had my ice cream and so now I will answer: Unless we don't mesh or they've been gone for a long time without letting me know they were going to be, I just leave them. I honestly don't pay much attention to my actual list-- I just go interact with whoever shows up on my feed or writes me. I'm socially illiterate though.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I keep a close eye on my FL but then they delete me at the same time they serve me an injunction, I feel they're quite antisocial, just because you're in their bedroom when they wake up! Lighten up friends list!

I hear you, sistah! Why else do they say good night to us if that's not a hint telling us that they're going to bed and to join them in it, pronto. Talk about sending mixed messages. :grumble:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I had my ice cream and so now I will answer: Unless we don't mesh or they've been gone for a long time without letting me know they were going to be, I just leave them. I honestly don't pay much attention to my actual list-- I just go interact with whoever shows up on my feed or writes me. I'm socially illiterate though.

*touches your hair*
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

*touches your hair*
    See that's all I did, and all the judge talks about" violating personal space" sheesh.......
  • daisyeyes
    daisyeyes Posts: 144
    Options
    Am I the only girl who hesitates adding older men or someone without a profile pic? I feel bad about it, but it's just.... no.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl who hesitates adding older men or someone without a profile pic? I feel bad about it, but it's just.... no.

Hah! Don't blame you.
  • dessertlover27
    Options

It happens and it's definitely your choice but I just like to point out that the older men part, a lot of them are decent and very nice people. They are all here for legitimate reasons and have a lot to offer to the friendships. You just have to be very careful in choosing is all.

And you look to be very young, so I think most men here are all older than you and me. Haha. And there are young creepers, too.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    For those of you who keep a tight FL, what do you do with friends that you were really close with at one time but are now no longer interacting with even though they *are still active on MFP*? Do you keep them for the sake of what you once shared, for the hope that you might rekindle that friendship or do you simply wish them all the best and delete them?

Keep in mind I am only asking OPINIONS (not permission or a what-should-I-do). Just want to know what you all think and your perspectives.

And if this is too heavy for monday, go eat some ice creams and come back later.

Firstly:

Your post made me laugh so hard as you have definitely closed off any opportunities to get e-bullied on here haha especially with the 'go eat some ice-creams' haha

Secondly:

To answer your question, I receive quite a few friend requests and those that are mutual with their encouragement and support are kept on my FL irrespective of progress, sex, age etc as I always take the time to check up on everyone. 9 times out of 10 though 20% of my "friends list" are not reciprocate so they are very quickly deleted :)
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options

It happens and it's definitely your choice but I just like to point out that the older men part, a lot of them are decent and very nice people. They are all here for legitimate reasons and have a lot to offer to the friendships. You just have to be very careful in choosing is all.

And you look to be very young, so I think most men here are all older than you and me. Haha. And there are young creepers, too.

Not at all! There was an older guy whinging he had no friends earlier, I added him, he accepted and not an ounce of communication. DELETED.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I keep a tight list. I've culled people from it, mostly because we didn't interact a whole lot. I don't add people often, either. Once in a while I'll add a newbie and see what happens.
  • dessertlover27
    Options

Not at all! There was an older guy whinging he had no friends earlier, I added him, he accepted and not an ounce of communication. DELETED.

I don't think that's limited to just men though. I Have received quite a few frs saying that they have no one to talk to and interact with. And after I have accepted, not a peep out of them. Nothing. Nada,
  • greenihlonde
    greenihlonde Posts: 337
    Options
    I used to keep a tight friends list. But then I found loose friends and they were a lot of fun. I don't really care to "support" people anyway, so adding people who increase the fun factor of MFP is what I do now. The fun is what keeps me here and keeps me motivated.

So THAT'S why you never never tell me I'm cool when I burn 2000 calories! :grumble: *delete*

I do if I happen to see it at the time!!! Otherwise I'm not going digging for it. :P

I delete people for having sooooooo many other friends that I get lost in their news feed. True story.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I used to keep a tight friends list. But then I found loose friends and they were a lot of fun. I don't really care to "support" people anyway, so adding people who increase the fun factor of MFP is what I do now. The fun is what keeps me here and keeps me motivated.

So THAT'S why you never never tell me I'm cool when I burn 2000 calories! :grumble: *delete*

I do if I happen to see it at the time!!! Otherwise I'm not going digging for it. :P

I delete people for having sooooooo many other friends that I get lost in their news feed. True story.

just deleted u. u mad?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    i keep them, in order to keep tabs for when I decide to exact revenge for being snubbed.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to delete anyone since if they are in need of help and or advice, I am always willing to help out.

However, if they choose to delete me, then so be it. I try very hard to keep in touch with a lot of people..

It can also be overwhelming sometimes too..but it is what it is.
  • greenihlonde
    greenihlonde Posts: 337
    Options

just deleted u. u mad?

We were never friends, I denied your request... so how did you delete me again?
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm not interested in being a friend collector. They need to be active or interactive for me to keep them around. IMO, just because someone logs in daily, doesn't mean they are active.
  • yesImanaturalblue
    yesImanaturalblue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had an account for a few years, had a large FL. Didn't interact with any of them but I logged everyday and kept up with my plan.

Earlier this year I deactivated my account. Made a new one. I have no friends on this one.

I may just be antisocial though. :wink:
  • daisyeyes
    daisyeyes Posts: 144
    Options

Yes.... there are some very nice (old and young) men on MFP. I just want to avoid the creepers. plus, I want to add people that are closer to my age. :)