peoples opinions of diet coke/pepsi? good or bad?

Options

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    It makes me hungrier and my teeth hurt. Then again I was a 2 liter/day drinker. Have not touched the stuff in 4.5 months and I feel way better.
  • shandarr
    shandarr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the odd Coke Zero or Diet Coke but I don't make a habit of it. Water is best.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I like to have a pepsi max and coke zero on occasion sometimes have a can in morning, its zero calories :) so keeps me in fasted state.
  • dagolifts
    dagolifts Posts: 42
    Options
    its bad for nothing but empty calories, if your craving carbonation their is other alternatives out there.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Empty calories? What calories?
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I drink coke zero. Occasionally I drink flavoured diet coke but the flavour of plain diet coke tastes odd to me, even though I used to like it.

I stressed about the aspartame thing but look, everything in our modern world has the capacity to kill you. A workmate of mine dropped dead suddenly at age 53 last week and we buried him today and I'm sorry but you just have to go with what is right in the moment for you.

You wanna drink them? Drink them. Avoiding things you like is probably not going to prolong your life.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I drink it rarely, more because of my teeth than anything else. But if I want something sweet and low cal to curb my cravings, I'll go for one.
  • emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Personally diet Pepsi sets my ibs off.... Diet coke is ok for me ;)
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I used to drink loads of the stuff, and was completely addicted. Now I only drink it in social situations. There is nothing wrong with it per se, but I just found that it was contributing to my bloating, and generally after drinking it I wouldn't feel as good. Plus I hate being addicted to anything, and am striving for a healthy relationship with food, and learning to drink it in moderation was a step towards that.
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of Pepsi max a day. I try to cut down a little but I love it and it's not affecting my weight loss at the moment. I know it may be a bit controversial but there are so many things nowadays that can cause cancer its hard to keep track. I actually read a study a couple of years back saying more than 5 portions of fruit/veg a day could cause cancer. I think it's just one of those things that you will either get it or you won't. Saying that though, due to how unhealthy it is teeth and all that, I will try and wean off it when I reach my goal weight. I've made so many lifestyle changes lately I don't want this to send me back into my old habits due to the cravings. Hope I haven't offended anyone with my post :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No, they are NOT related, but here is the webpage it originated from...

Aspartame is a non-calorie artificial sweetener comprised of methanol, phenylalanine and aspartic acid. It is used in diet sodas and thousands of other products worldwide. Since it appeared on the US market in the 1980s, aspartame and the possible health risks from the substance have been a topic of much debate. Research has linked the sweetener to diabetes, fibromyalgia and certain forms of cancer...

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/5-reasons-aspartame-is-bad-for-you.html#b

The OTHER URL is a US cancer webpage - reputable and reinforcing the SAME message as the first webpage anyway.

That is not a credible source.
  • Elvisfan4life
    Elvisfan4life Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't buy into the fear mongering so I will continue to drink my 2 or 3 diet pepsi a day.... hasn't effected my weightloss whatsoever...... Best of Luck

Wow your stats say it all amazing loss...I have never given up Pepsi max or coke zero and have always managed to lose weight...it feels like a treat with no calories added and makes other food sacrifices easier to endure
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I've yet to read any studies that provided convincing evidence that drinking diet soda in moderation is harmful.

^^yep - in reasonable doses, on humans (or otherwise), unless you have PKU.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't put chemicals in my body. Which has proven to be an issue with my water and food intake.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I was drinking 4-5 cans of Diet Pepsi per day. I gave it up and now drink only water. We have a PUR water filter system.
    Views are mixed on the health risks of diet pop, but why chance it? I have not drank it in over a year now, and it saves a bit of money.
    Personal choice in all things.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with diet coke/pepsi. NO real scientific proof they are bad for you.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love diet coke and have far too much of it a day than I should. In terms of your actual weight loss it shouldn't directly affect it since it has zero calories and sugar However, I have noticed that I associate diet coke with other things like crisps, chocolate and chips etc. So often when I have a diet coke I have bad things to accompany it. Its just a slipper slope. I know if I was to order a salad I'd never have a diet coke with it. Burger & chips though, sign me up.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Yeah and the money thing. In England a can of diet coke is about £0.75, and a 500ml bottle about £1.50. I could easily spend £2-£3 on diet coke a day. That's £60 a month.... holy *kitten*.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure Alex Jones claims the new world order have put a small demon in each can of soda. Probably not a good idea to have any unless you are wearing a tinfoil hat.:bigsmile:

I don't drink soda at all, but that is just me.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people drink this stuff but I see it as having no benefits whatsoever to health. At least dark chocolate has some health benefits. Plus it tastes horrible. Bubbles help expand your stomach too. You are better off with tea or water. Just my opinion. If it were me, this is one of the things I could definitely live without. I used to be addicted to the stuff many years ago and now I won't touch it.