Looking for other ladies, looking to lose 30 pounds or so!

Options

Replies

• Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm going to be 54 on July 6th, "Yippee". My age doesn't bother me too much anymore but my 30 pound weight gain does.
    My name is Darlene.
    Current Weight - 167
    Pounds to lose - 30
    Goal weight to be 135-140 and get back in a 9/10 size. Of course to be healthy too!!
  • Branawesomer
    Branawesomer Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! OP I added you and anyone else that is looking for motivating people and people to motivate (it goes both ways ;)) feel free to add me! I log every day and I encourage all my friends that encourage me!

Cheers!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You can add me... I'm 35, 5'5", 166, trying to get down to 140 now. Anyone can add me, I admit I don't tend to be super active on my home page though!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't have 30 more to lose, but I am only 1 pound away from losing 30 since March of this year. I started at a similar weight as you, so feel to add me if you would like.

Here are my stats

5'8
    SW-185
    CW-156
    GW-135-145 , I have the range, because my first major goal is 145, then I will evaluate from there if I want to lose another 10.
  • mamiecastle
    mamiecastle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I'm new to MFP - just started this week. I would love to join the group to continue to stay motivated.

I'm 5 foot 7 inches
    HW - 167 lbs.
    SW - 164 lbs.
    CW - 160 lbs.
    GW - 135 lbs.

About 4 years ago I was at my highest weight and used Spark People to record everything and lost almost 20 lbs. Over time, I ended up not paying attention to what I was eating and gained almost all of it back over a period of two years. I tried to lose it again several times along the way, but I could always tell that I wasn't really committed and serious about it (always had an excuse). I definitely feel like I'm mentally committed to this weight loss/healthy eating journey right now, just like I was the first time.

Looking forward to supporting each other.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    hey there everyone ! thanks for all the adds so far,

i am still struggling to get into a routine but i am motivated thats for sure.

So question of the day.

What is your preferred workout "area" the gym... at home... or outdoors? and why...... (contemplating a gym membership or sticking to my home routines :drinker: )
  • SouthernButt
    Options
    I'm single, no kids, near 32 in a few, and down 15 of the 50 I want to lose.

Feel free to add me! :)
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Maybe a silly question, (I'm new) How do I join in?
  • purplesoulkari
    purplesoulkari Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too...would love to lose the last 30 forever!
  • TNM1976
    TNM1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :). I have about 35 pounds to lose. I've done a couple things that only resulted in the yo-yo effect. It was not until I started Les Mills Combat that it help my attention. I completed a full 60 day challenge with an on line challenge group and have now started another round hybriding it with Les Mills Pump. Both have amazing music, with multiple workouts that range from 30-60 minutes. I am now coaching some of these on line (Facebook) challenge groups. This is a fun way to stay motivated and help others in a smaller group setting. I do currently have openings in two challenge groups. Send me a message if you would like to join our team!
  • Lindsey1985x
    Lindsey1985x Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Also getting married this October, i've come this far and love to motivate / encourage eachother!

30lb loss certainly needed before i enter goal weight territory!

i'm 28, from England UK, 5'6" and (currently) 186lb x

Add me as a friend if you like (applies to anyone xx)
  • meezer2223
    Options
    hi my name is meezer2223 on my Fitness Pal. I would like anyone to add me, to help me keep motivated .I'm trying to get down to 165. I will be glad to do the same for you.
  • patiblue
    patiblue Posts: 44
    Options
    I would love some new and motivated friends to help as well! Feel free to add me too!

I'm 37, have 4 kids, work full time, and try to squeeze in some me time on here!
    I'm 169 (barely under 170) and I am looking to lose about 20 over the next few months and be at my goal by Thanksgiving.

My starting weight was 211
    I lost about 40 pounds over the last year, but somehow it's starting to gain back on so I'm getting more serious!

The more motivating friends the merrier! Come on, we can do this!
  • patiblue
    patiblue Posts: 44
    Options
    Just click on a person's name and 'add as friend'
    Maybe a silly question, (I'm new) How do I join in?
  • Aylawade
    Aylawade Posts: 22
    Options
    My goal was to lose 44lbs. I have now lost 17. My highest weight was 172 and I was 115 as a senior in high school. I am now 25 and just want to feel attractive again.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I'm Tricia, I'm 28 and a married mother of 4 kiddos; 9, 6, 3 and 9 months. We live in sunny southern California. My highest weight was 318 in 2010, my MFP SW was 257 and I'm currently 222 working down to 180. I was 177 last year but I got pregnant with a high risk pregnancy and that led to bed rest and gaining 70 lbs. I've lost about 35 lbs so far. I log daily, comment daily and try to blog daily. I share recipes and fitness tips and motivational quotes. ANYONE can feel free to add me and I'll be your support buddy!
  • leeverson
    leeverson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in.......... I have 40 to loose total!
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im in too 185lbs and im 5ft 5 at 23 nearly 24. people say i dont look it but i hide my weight rather well

No more hiding i would love to be down at 140kgs need all the motivation and support i can get so feel free to add me Im great at giving it as well haha

xx
  • PBlilacs
    PBlilacs Posts: 23
    Options
    Working on losing 30! Feel free to friend me!
  • jayz_gal2004
    jayz_gal2004 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So here goes:

height :5'8
    highest weight: 183
    Current weight: 181
    Goal weight: 140

Several years ago I lost 40 pounds and I kept it off for 3 years. After I had my daughter I continued to eat like a pregnant lady....LOL! I gained all of the weight back. My daughter is now a year old and I MUST get this weight off!