Nutella is bad food ?

Options

Replies

• theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    truth is you should look into RAWtella... SOO much healthier.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    it's delicious and not "bad" for you in moderation but, to say it's a "healthy" food, the way it is sometimes advertised, in untrue.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's really unhealthful. Very high in calories with very little nutritional value.

That being said, it's only bad if you eat too much of it, just like every other kind of food. The bad news is it's really hard for most people to eat just a reasonable portion of it...
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nutella is a lovely food! (If used in moderation).
    I unfortunately have an insane desire to eat the entire jar when I open it so none in my house except if I fully intend to eat the entire jar.

^^^ This! I'm the same way!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    "Bad" food?

Did Nutella kick a puppy dog?
    Did Nutella get anyone fired from their job?
    Did Nutella sleep with someone else's partner?

No?

Then no, Nutella is not a "bad" food. Eating Nutella by the jarful every day might be a bad practice, however.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as bad food... just people who eat badly!

nutella on toast.... sooooooooooooooo good!!! i treat myself to the single serving pots every so often, yum yum yum yum yum!!!
  • GrumpierCat
    Options
    Nutella is mostly palm oil and sugar, so if you define "bad food" as "food with little nutritional value," then yes, it is bad.
    If you would like something a tiny bit healthier, but still delicious and calorie-dense, I really enjoy Peanut Butter &Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. The flavour profile is similar, but with peanut butter over the palm oil.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Nutella is mostly palm oil and sugar, so if you define "bad food" as "food with little nutritional value," then yes, it is bad.
    If you would like something a tiny bit healthier, but still delicious and calorie-dense, I really enjoy Peanut Butter &Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. The flavour profile is similar, but with peanut butter over the palm oil.

Foodgasm. I like the Cinnamon Raisin one.... omg SO FREAKING GOOD!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I had Nutella last week and it was great. The best part was it wasnt really Nutella. It was a recipe to prepare cauliflower to make it taste EXACTLY like Nutella and boy was it GOOD!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yestarday i eat a bit of nutella, and i think it is healthy food. On the net opinion is divided.
    What's the truth ?
    Read the ingredients and nutritional information and make up your own mind.

But, no, Nutella does not have a lot of nutritional value and I believe the first ingredient is sugar (which means there's more sugar than anything else in it).

However, if you enjoy it and like having it as a treat, there is nothing wrong with fitting it into your day.

Personally, I think it tastes like plastic and prefer Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams.
  • leahgoldgirl
    leahgoldgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am honestly astonished at how little our society knows about nutrition. We do not teach it in schools or study it on our own, regardless of easy to access, good information being everywhere. The items that companies manage to sell as healthy items, without society at large calling them on their BS, are astounding.

One tablespoon on Nutella packs 95 calories and has 10.5 grams of added sugar (you shouldn't consume more than 15 grams of added sugar per day), no vitamins, 2 grams of saturated fat and very little protein. It is the exact opposite of a healthy food.

Is eating a tablespoon of Nutella better than eating a Hershey's bar, sure, but it is not even close to a healthy option and never will be. It is candy, pure and simple.

If you want a somewhat healthy option, buy a low sugar, high cacao dark chocolate bar that has hazelnuts in it and breaks into squares, or buy plain hazelnut butter, no salt or sugar added, and mix it in a food processor with very low sugar, high cacao dark chocolate and maybe a couple of dates (for natural sweetness) and make your own spread.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm with the "no such thing as a bad food" crowd. Unfortunately, Nutella is no longer allowed in my house because I can eat an entire jar in less than 24 hours.

If you want a lower-sugar, more "natural" version of Nutella, also try Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter. Absolutely heavenly!! And it is sold in single serving packages so I won't go overboard!
  • rml_16
    Options
    I really enjoy Peanut Butter &Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. The flavour profile is similar, but with peanut butter over the palm oil.
    I swear I didn't read your post before I posted! lol

AND you have Grumpy Cat as your avatar. I think I like you.
  • novagramma
    novagramma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The first ingredient is sugar.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I had Nutella last week and it was great. The best part was it wasnt really Nutella. It was a recipe to prepare cauliflower to make it taste EXACTLY like Nutella and boy was it GOOD!

:laugh:
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Stir a spoonful into plain Greek yogurt - delicious!

Definitely putting this on the to-try list! I do love Nutella spread on toast too. I don't have it often but enjoy every last morsel when I do!

ETA:
    try Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter.
    Agreed! This stuff is delicious.
  • rml_16
    Options

:laugh:
    Cauliflower is magic, mmmkay?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Delicious, but not nutritionally dense. But still delicious.

I like a Nutella and peanut butter sandwich before a race. Yum.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Get on a train. Take it straight to Geneva. Walk directly to Le pain de quotidien. Buy their version of Nutella. Enjoy.
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sardines are bad food! :sick:

Nah-uuh! I love Sardines! :love:

I lurveeeee Sardines!!