redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to quit your job.
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I see what you did there....

WIN! :drinker:

The OP of the original thread deactivated already. Evidently didn't really want all the excellent advice she was receiving... :noway:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I see what you did there....

I don't...

...but I haven't been in the forums much lately, so I'm probably lacking context.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I work a hard job sometimes up to 16 hours a day on a oil rig without lunch most days.
    It is very hard work and at the end of the day all I want to do is come home and have dinner with my girlfriend

But lately she has been refusing and sometimes even goes to the other room!

What can I do to convince her to spend some time and eat a meal with me?

That is NOT a good sign. It must be about more than food.

Threaten to break up with her by saying that her new boyfriend would be fine with her not eating with him. That'll work, right?

LOL.... I guess MELISSA read my post yesterday.

First of all, I am thinking I was married before you were even born so there is little of value you can point out to be that you disapprove of.
    That being said, no, in this case, it does not appear to be a good move.

btw MELISSA, that was in fact a true story but my wife can hold her own in the relationship
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    LMAO
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Obvious hijack of the "boyfriend sabotages my diet" thread. Amusing yourself much?

Aha! Thanks for connecting the dots for me...

...even if that does kind of make you somewhat of a forum buzzkill.

Oh well...at least this time, it helped me out. Now to catch up.

ETA: Oh, and I don't think you're using the word "hijack" correctly in this context.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I work a hard job sometimes up to 16 hours a day on a oil rig without lunch most days.
    It is very hard work and at the end of the day all I want to do is come home and have dinner with my girlfriend

Maybe I should keep her in line, got any pointers?

I give no advice (pointers) to anyone about relationships. I don't have enough experience on the subject. Only married only 34 years,
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    my husband works long hours, I do not eat with him either, I eat with the kids,
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    CRYING3_zps551f8edf.gif
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Threaten to break up with her by saying that her new boyfriend would be fine with her not eating with him. That'll work, right?

LOL.... I guess MELISSA read my post yesterday.

First of all, I am thinking I was married before you were even born so there is little of value you can point out to be that you disapprove of.
    That being said, no, in this case, it does not appear to be a good move.

btw MELISSA, that was in fact a true story but my wife can hold her own in the relationship

And you're capitalizing my name because....?

*slow clap* Because pointing out the fact that you're significantly older than me makes you far more superior. Congratulations, you've made an obvious statement! Actually, the statement you made really doesn't make sense, but perhaps I'm just too young to understand.

I won't even bother bringing it up again because it's not worth it, but suffice to say that if your story gives any indication of your wife "holding her own" in the relationship, then our definitions of that statement are definitely not in line with each other.

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll have another happy 34 years together. I'll just be over here getting tattoos and stuff with my partner sitting beside me holding my hand in support. I guess us young ones just don't understand a true relationship. Oh well!
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I think you've got bigger issues...then again it could be your eating habits, your hygiene, maybe she doesn't like you talking with your mouth full.

8488541.png
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    She's a ____ dump her sorry ___! How dare she!

Um that's a little extreme. There might be legitimate things that are bothering her. Try communicating before ending a relationship.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Truly on days like this the forums are a complete and total waste of time!

lighten up francis. no one told you to click the link

They are an amusing waste of time.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    She's a ____ dump her sorry ___! How dare she!

Um that's a little extreme. There might be legitimate things that are bothering her. Try communicating before ending a relationship.

LMAO!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You requested 2 things in your last sentence: why won't she spend time with me, why won't she eat a meal with me but put them in one sentence.

Maybe the meal or rather the food is an issue for some reason.......maybe focus on the spending time together first and work on the meals later. Maybe a cuddle on the sofa after you have eaten? A walk together after you have eaten? Snuggling up to watch a film?

Is there a possibility that she has an eating disorder? Just a thought- maybe she could have a chat with her doctor.

Do hope you can resolve things x
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    is that a Moon moon shirt?

that may be the source of your trouble son.

tumblr_mcl5147hnL1r2ikcao1_250.gif
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    This is priceless. IN.

*lays on back with toddler-sized popcorn tub resting on the belly of a prehistoric fertility figure, looking over to the side to watch*

For those who haven't seen it, the supposed girlfriend made another thread.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

These kinds of things need coaching.
    Tell her that it's bread, mustard, lettuce, meat, cheese, then bread with a dill pickle on the side. Then tell her to get back in the kitchen and do it right.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.