"No Garbage Lasagna"

Options
nleighp
nleighp Posts: 117 Member
I don't like "garbage" in my food. The dinner I made last night I've dubbed my "No Garbage Lasagna". I cut out all cheese, got rid of the noodles, reduced the oil and added way more veggies. Ringing in at 284 calories per (hearty) serving, boasting a deep flavor and being as simple as it is I'm definitely going to be making this one again!

See here for the recipe!: http://antiflabbyarms.blogspot.com/2013/07/recipe-no-garbage-lasagna.html

d0910a7cf8a811e29f1422000a1fbc0e_7.jpg

31d2f4d6f8ad11e293af22000a9e05e8_7.jpg

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I just printed the recipe out...it sounds scrumptious! Thanks for sharing!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    :noway:

How the hell can you call that a lasagna without noodles and cheese??
  • nleighp
    Options

It's in quotes! As in "lasagna". See what I did there?
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Yeah, I just call that "no lasagna"
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

That doesn't even deserve the name "lasagna". Sorry :ohwell:
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options

You can't! I bet it's good. But it's not lasagna.
  • nleighp
    Options

Yeah, I just call that "no lasagna"

It's just a play on the original concept with bread substituted for the noodles. No big deal, lol.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    This has a name, it's called a vegetable bake or crumble. Which while nice, is not remotely related to lasagna.

The Italians would like you to stop abusing their culinary heritage :laugh:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I don't like "garbage" in my food. The dinner I made last night I've dubbed my "No Garbage Lasagna". I cut out all cheese, got rid of the noodles, reduced the oil and added way more veggies. Ringing in at 284 calories per (hearty) serving, boasting a deep flavor and being as simple as it is I'm definitely going to be making this one again!

See here for the recipe!: http://antiflabbyarms.blogspot.com/2013/07/recipe-no-garbage-lasagna.html

d0910a7cf8a811e29f1422000a1fbc0e_7.jpg

31d2f4d6f8ad11e293af22000a9e05e8_7.jpg

I have a very similar recipe! It's a clean rootbeer float.

So a normal rootbeer float is root beer with ice and some ice cream dropped in.

I take out the root beer and the ice cream.

I call it...'ice'
  • nleighp
    Options
    haters-gonna-hate.jpg
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What ever the name is it looks wonderful .I have some heirloom tomatoes I can't wait to use.Thank you
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    In other news I make a dish that clocks in at 390 cals for large pieces. And it has cheese. And noodles. Usually with a side of garlic bread. Totally worth the calories. It's called lasagna. Maybe you've heard of it?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I see what you did there!

57CB4522-2547-4F3C-B51D-C043E811FB56-1734-0000012C533A9CC8_zps36293d89.jpg
  • nleighp
    Options
    What ever the name is it looks wonderful .I have some heirloom tomatoes I can't wait to use.Thank you

Let me know when you'd try it! We loved it. :)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    haters-gonna-hate.jpg

That's because it's

A) Not Lasagna
    2) Still has "Garbage"
    III) Making honest Italians and Italian decedents, and people who like real Italian food cry. You're making people cry. That makes you mean.
  • nleighp
    Options
    haters-gonna-hate.jpg

That's because it's

A) Not Lasagna
    2) Still has "Garbage"
    III) Making honest Italians and Italian decedents, and people who like real Italian food cry. You're making people cry. That makes you mean.

Because no Italian has ever substituted another wheat product for the noodle, amirite? Oh wait-- my family _has_ done that, lol.
  • nleighp
    Options
    I have a very similar recipe! It's a clean rootbeer float.

So a normal rootbeer float is root beer with ice and some ice cream dropped in.

I take out the root beer and the ice cream.

I call it...'ice'

Sounds magical! I'll be sure to try it sometime. :)
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Please stop perpetuating the belief that certain foods are 'garbage', it's embarrassing for anyone intelligent enough to know that it's a load of...well, garbage
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Might try that as a side dish, but have to agree with others it is an insult to real Italian lasagna. Certainly do appreciate free recipe ideas though, I would just have to call this something besides lasanga. :)

I make diet lasagna using the whole wheat noodles, soy meat crumbles, shredded skim milk cheeses and sauce, and it is pretty friggin awesome to eat, have it with a salad and you can stay under 500 calories with it and have hardly any fat in it. Oh, and I do have my garlic bread too, brush cut bread with grapeseed oil, shakes some spices on it and then grill it on skillet (add no extra oils or fats). I think it's important to not feel you are missing out on everything good in life, because you won't stay on track for a lifetime if you use plans that are too stringent and restricting. I tried the other way, and I lost weight and kept it off for two years but then fell off-track and gained all the weight back plus extra because I was sick of being deprived of my favorite meals, so now I am learning to adapt those favorites where they are still delicious but healthier.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Oh for gods sake.

There are no haters here. If you'd called it a veggie bake (which it is) no one would care, it looks nice. But this is in no way related to a lasagna.

Not even a little bit. :noway: