"No Garbage Lasagna"

Options

Replies

• HPB2
    HPB2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Whatever you call it -- it looks delicious!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Absolutely NO ONE is hatin' on your fake *kitten* lasagne. :laugh:

So much this that it's impossible to be more this.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    BUMP - that "lasagna" looks like it tastes really good. Thanks for sharing. I'll be trying it this weekend
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    That's because it's

A) Not Lasagna
    2) Still has "Garbage"
    III) Making honest Italians and Italian decedents, and people who like real Italian food cry. You're making people cry. That makes you mean.

So mean. I really am crying. :sad:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at the backlash. Sure, it isnt lasgna, which has been discussed, but aside from that it doesnt look like a bad dish.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at the backlash. Sure, it isnt lasgna, which has been discussed, but aside from that it doesnt look like a bad dish.

It's legitimately a ratatouille, classic French dish.
  • nleighp
    nleighp Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Internet_serious_business_bush.jpg
  • _DreDay_
    _DreDay_ Posts: 40
    Options

Exactly. Probably wouldn't make it but if someone made it for me, I'd eat it :flowerforyou:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    We're mean, don't you know that by now?

In all seriousness, it looks tasty as maybe a side dish...but it ain't lasagna.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    looks yummy, but it's ratatouille. and the caloric change is all from the cheese b/c the bread is more calorie-dense than pasta. why not make your own pasta (omg it's so easy) and actually cut the cals a little more?

We were talking about this a while back-- I want a pasta press. ;_;

i use a beer bottle.
  • nleighp
    Options
    looks yummy, but it's ratatouille. and the caloric change is all from the cheese b/c the bread is more calorie-dense than pasta. why not make your own pasta (omg it's so easy) and actually cut the cals a little more?

i use a beer bottle.

Do you get a consistent results?! I've tried using wine bottles to roll things out and fail miserably.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Why not just call it a gluten free lasagna or something. I cried a little when you called lasagna garbage.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I make my mom's lasagna - the lasagna of my youth. Classic lasagna with noodles, sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and ground beef (ground turkey can be substituted). I will never deviate! Never!!

Turkey?! :wink: Any true Italian knows lasagne should have pork in it, maybe some veal, ya know.

Anyway, there's no cauliflower in this no-lasange lasange. I'm OUT. :sad:
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    hey chelled browns whats your recipe
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    OP, I am opposed to almost everything you've said in this thread, but I support how you are saying it.
  • nleighp
    Options
    Why not just call it a gluten free lasagna or something. I cried a little when you called lasagna garbage.

Well, it's not actually gluten free.

That said, I have been corrected: THIS IS NOT LASAGNA because it doesn't have lasagna noodles.

Apparently it's more of a veggie bake and/or ratatouille. :)
  • nleighp
    Options
    OP, I am opposed to almost everything you've said in this thread, but I support how you are saying it.

Why thank you.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

agreed, I think I may be more surprised at your composure on an internet message board than the fact that you called your veggie casserole a lasagne
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

i use a beer bottle.

Do you get a consistent results?! I've tried using wine bottles to roll things out and fail miserably.

yeah. wine bottles are a little wide to do it right, beer bottles are about the same width as a rolling pin and you can press them a little harder b/c the glass doesn't have as much pressure. found out when really broke that i prefer using the beer bottle.
  • nleighp
    Options

agreed, I think I may be more surprised at your composure on an internet message board than the fact that you called your veggie casserole a lasagne

I live by the motto, "Don't feed the trolls."
    Lol.

I've been on the internet for a while and find more often than not that lashing out and getting offended _never_ helps. People are entitled to their opinions. Also, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'm okay with that. :)