tumblr_lxaff6DBPl1qjjtw3.gif
    gif111.gif
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgp19bQscH1r8o2z5o1_500.gif
    gif111.gif

it's cruel because we want a recipe, yo!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I'm coming to your house next time you make it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I like you.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgp19bQscH1r8o2z5o1_500.gif
    gif111.gif

it's cruel because we want a recipe, yo!

Agreed. That looks amazing!
  • Bravyn
    Bravyn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Looks fantastic. That's my kind of lasagna. :D
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I had to share... I make this MAYBE once a year cause it is a heavy and big meal, but when you gotta have lasagna, you want the real thing. No giant tomato slices in place of noodles here. About 2.5lbs of cheese. Saucy, sausagey, garlicy, cheesey, noodley goodness....

538349_10151329194965021_228970811_n.jpg

(edited to add recipe - sort of, I eyeball measure a lot, and season differently each time)

1.5lb ground Italian sausage
    3-4 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
    1 white or yellow (not sweet) onion
    1 green or red bell pepper
    5-6 baby portabella mushrooms
    1 box Cremettes lasagna noodles
    15-16oz ricotta cheese
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup shredded or grated parm/romano/asiago cheese
    16-20oz pasta sauce (I've used Prego Roasted Garlic when I'm lazy, or my own homemade sauce when I'm not)
    2lb shredded mozzarella cheese
    seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano, whatever trips your fancy)

bring large pot (10-12 qts) of water to boil, salt and add pasta. cook about 2 minutes less than stated on package. drain, drizzle with olive oil to keep from sticking to themselves, and allow to cool.

brown meat with a little olive oil, fresh garlic and fennel seeds. chop all veggies you desire to use into small pieces (about 1/4 to 1/3 inch pieces) and add to meat to lightly saute, season as you feel tastes best, cover & remove from heat.

mix ricotta, eggs & parm/romano/asiago cheese.

in a 13x9 casserole dish, coat with butter/olive oil/PAM or something to help keep from sticking. put enough pasta sauce down to have a thin coating at bottom of pan. place noodle layer, overlapping slightly. then add about 1/3 to 1/2 of the meat/veggie mixture, followed by some sauce, about 1/3 to 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, and a little of the shredded mozzarella. Repeat layering process starting with noodles, meat, sauce, ricotta, cheese, then noodles again. I usually only do 2 full layers, but there's enough noodles in the box for 3 layers if you prefer it that way. be sure to have sauce under the final layer of noodles so they don't become too crunchy while baking, and cover final layer of noodles with remaining cheese and season as you like (I put garlic, basil & oregano on top of the cheese) cover with foil, and you can either refrigerate for 2-4 days before baking, or bake immediately.

bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes (longer if refrigerated prior to baking) while covered with foil. remove foil and continue baking for 10 more minutes. let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting/serving

In for real lasagna.

Nicely done, OP.
    orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    OMFSM...for the love of his noodly appendage, that looks amazeballs!! I've been looking for a good lasagna recipe and methinks I've found it. Byn, you're the bestest!!
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: OMG! FOODGASM! :love:
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That's almost identical to how my great-grandma taught me to make it! NOM NOM NOM!!!

But, since it's just me these days - I modified that entire process to make lasagna rolls because I can't eat that much lasagna before it goes bad. :) I make four rolls with about a third of the normal recipe and it's awesome, and I get two meals instead of 8. Just an idea for portioning, too.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM
  • Lala_White
    Lala_White Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to save this recipe. I'm thinking once or twice a year wouldn't be so horrible.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Yummmm!! You're recipe is very similar to mine. I can't wait til cooler weather to make some.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Momma Mia! As an Italian I heartily endorse this recipe! :flowerforyou:
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Yum.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    More lasagna!
    Mmmmmm!
    :heart: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • jreckart2003
    Options
    I just made lasagna the other night! It was yummy! It was also a small pan so not too much in leftovers :)
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Yes please.