"No Garbage Lasagna"

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Lasagna is a type of noodle. How do you make no-noodle noodles?
  • nleighp
    nleighp Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Where's the cauliflower noodles?!?!

Ooooo, touche! That would be a great addition.
  • nleighp
    Options
    Lasagna is a type of noodle. How do you make no-noodle noodles?

This was discussed on pages 2-4.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    OP, I am opposed to almost everything you've said in this thread, but I support how you are saying it.

Why thank you.
    The dish you posted looks delicious, and is something I'd probably enjoy eating. It is not lasagna, but you know that already.

You keep posting whatever recipes you want - sundae with no ice cream, latkes with no potatoes, even no-crust chicken pot pie with no chicken - as long as you continue to spread this around:
    I've been on the internet for a while and find more often than not that lashing out and getting offended _never_ helps. People are entitled to their opinions. Also, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'm okay with that. :)

I conquer...except for the no chicken chicken pot pie...because that's just wrong.
  • nleighp
    Options
    I prefer mine with garbage, specifically hot sausage, ricotta, and fresh moz. I think most people just don't like it when you call any perfectly healthy foods garage because they are outside your own dietary preferences.

To each his own. Somewhere between pages 2-5 I apologized for that. I've lost track.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Whatever. I'm vegan. I love alternative ideas and recipes. This is cool. Regular lasagna is cool too if that's what you're into. Ill definitely be trying this recipe, whatever name it has.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Since I got here after the name debate, I agree it looks like a super tasty dish (although probably a side dish in my book and likely some form of cheese would be added). Although I beg to differ that it would be good with cauliflower added. Blech :sick:
  • nleighp
    Options
    Whatever. I'm vegan. I love alternative ideas and recipes. This is cool. Regular lasagna is cool too if that's what you're into. Ill definitely be trying this recipe, whatever name it has.

Let me know what you think! I love getting feedback. :D
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    rcocW.gif
  • nleighp
    Options
    rcocW.gif

lol. THIS.
  • nleighp
    Options
    Since I got here after the name debate, I agree it looks like a super tasty dish (although probably a side dish in my book and likely some form of cheese would be added). Although I beg to differ that it would be good with cauliflower added. Blech :sick:

Oh man-- I love cauliflower! I know a lot of people that don't though.
    Of course, ricing the cauliflower and making a lasagna noodle out of it would be pretty good too.

Then I'd get hazed for not using real noodles, though, haha. Can't win! ;)
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!! Thanks for posting nleighp! Always looking for veg/vegan recipes! XO
    BTW - the term "lasagna" comes from the Greek word, "lasagnum," meaning dish or bowl. The ancient Greeks used baking dishes of that name with layers of food and fillings in-between.
  • nleighp
    Options
    Looks yummy!! Thanks for posting nleighp! Always looking for veg/vegan recipes! XO
    BTW - the term "lasagna" comes from the Greek word, "lasagnum," meaning dish or bowl. The ancient Greeks used baking dishes of that name with layers of food and fillings in-between.

Well then, today I learned where the word "lasagna" came from one. +1 for Tuesday!
    Thanks for sharing, mazzasweet!

And if you try the recipe I posted let me know! :D
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP, thanks a bunch for sharing your recipe and WOW on the weight loss. Great going!
  • nleighp
    Options
    OP, thanks a bunch for sharing your recipe and WOW on the weight loss. Great going!

Thanks so much! I finished actively losing weight about four and a half years ago and am proud to say I've kept it off-- I definitely have some people here at My Fitness Pal to thank for strength in my journey. :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I don't like "garbage" in my food. The dinner I made last night I've dubbed my "No Garbage Lasagna". I cut out all cheese, got rid of the noodles, reduced the oil and added way more veggies. Ringing in at 284 calories per (hearty) serving, boasting a deep flavor and being as simple as it is I'm definitely going to be making this one again!

See here for the recipe!: http://antiflabbyarms.blogspot.com/2013/07/recipe-no-garbage-lasagna.html

d0910a7cf8a811e29f1422000a1fbc0e_7.jpg

31d2f4d6f8ad11e293af22000a9e05e8_7.jpg

So basically, you got rid of everything that was good.
    tumblr_ml3vw6XM0Z1r9ikumo1_500.gif
  • nleighp
    Options
    So basically, you got rid of everything that was good.
    tumblr_ml3vw6XM0Z1r9ikumo1_500.gif

I don't believe so, but if you do then you don't have to make it! That's the awesome world we live in. ;)
  • lanavabkny
    lanavabkny Posts: 24
    Options
    Looks delicious!
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Your recipe is probably closer to a Vegetable Tian - like this one.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/zucchini-and-yellow-squash-tian-recipe/index.html
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Seriously people it's the recipe board, not the write how much you hate the recipe board. If you don't like the recipe don't fricken comment. She chose to share a food she enjoys and her opinion on it in case someone would like to try it out. She didn't kill your puppy. So stfu.