I eat well but not losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    As others have said, if your goal is to maintain your current weight, maintain or improve your LBM, and lose body fat, you should be eating much closer to maintenance... probably more like TDEE - 10%, and be as accurate and precise as possible when measuring and logging food. Eating a flat amount of 1300 calories with all that exercise on top of it is likely creating a huge calorie deficit, and it's a perfect recipe for losing muscle.
    Check out the Eat, Train, Progress group. They can give you a lot of good information on how to get the body you want.
  • mmabdull99
    mmabdull99 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I need some help on this topic because I'm this close to losing my mind over this. I started myfitnesspal over a month ago, it set my calorie intake to 1200 (losing 2lbs a week), I am 138 5'3. I used to be 115 but over years I've slowly gained alot of weight. Before I started this diet, I was easily eating over 2000 calories a day with no exercise (office job so my activity level was zero). Now, I've been eating 1200 and actually alot of times under 1200 and exercising around 4 times a week for atleast an hour. I have literally lost NO weight at all. I dont understand this, I have been working so hard and I see no results I am so frustrated and I just want need advice. I don't have enough time in the day to the whole 4-5 meals a day, I eat breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. I have totally cut out sodas besides casual happy hour drinks. I dont always eat back exercise calories. My calorie intake varies everyday, I just feel so upset because I'm working so hard and havent seen any results. Please please help me!!!

My diary is open too!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I need some help on this topic because I'm this close to losing my mind over this. I started myfitnesspal over a month ago, it set my calorie intake to 1200 (losing 2lbs a week), I am 138 5'3. I used to be 115 but over years I've slowly gained alot of weight. Before I started this diet, I was easily eating over 2000 calories a day with no exercise (office job so my activity level was zero). Now, I've been eating 1200 and actually alot of times under 1200 and exercising around 4 times a week for atleast an hour. I have literally lost NO weight at all. I dont understand this, I have been working so hard and I see no results I am so frustrated and I just want need advice. I don't have enough time in the day to the whole 4-5 meals a day, I eat breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. I have totally cut out sodas besides casual happy hour drinks. I dont always eat back exercise calories. My calorie intake varies everyday, I just feel so upset because I'm working so hard and havent seen any results. Please please help me!!!

My diary is open too!!

it'll be more beneficial to you, the op, and the rest of the community to post your own thread.

in short, you're doing it wrong. Worst case, read all of the same links that have been posted here already.
  • mmabdull99
    mmabdull99 Posts: 13
    Options
    How do I make my own thread? Lol sorry new to this!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    How do I make my own thread? Lol sorry new to this!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help

go there and click the green button that says "New Topic."
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

My diary is open too!!

You've ask this same question all over the boards for the last week. Not sure what answer you're looking for that hasn't already been posted.