"No Garbage Lasagna"

Options
15678911»

Replies

• iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

Sorry... I have no more time to deal with you in this day, but rest assured, you will be on ignore from this point forward.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm one sad panda.

And to the OP, I am sorry if I read your responses wrong. Wasn't trying to be a jerk to you specifically -- just the attitude that some food is "junk" and my reasons for that are mostly from dealing with a lot of poorer people with limited access to higher quality foods.

Well I just had a gander at what you post on here, and it's pretty much insult after insult.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Just shhh and eat it. Calm down baby and have a piece of cheese.

Me have cheese, too?
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Me have cheese, too?

Lol no, I tried to quote someone with this response and failed miserably, if you are interested it's a quote off a cartoon called 'Burnt Face Man'.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how people who get hurt or angered by someone calling cheese "garbage" can function in day to day life.

What happens when someone else eats the last yogurt in your fridge? When the mailman puts one of your weekly mailers in your neighbor's mailbox? When your favorite tv show gets cancelled?

Do you cry for days? Yell and scream and throw things? Punch people in the throat?

Oh, wait. Probably not. Because it's a message board and people use it as an excuse to get indignant and overdramatic about EVERYthing. Le sigh.

I think it's more that using the term "garage" comes off as smug and for whatever reason, people don't take kindly to that. I would guess that's why so many people were arguing over the term "lasagna" - which I kind of saw as a way for people to make the OP feel stupid, because she (apparently inadvertently) made people feel bad for calling certain foods trash.

Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif

And she has apologized.... MULTIPLE times!

You: Ouch! You stepped on my toe!

Me: Whoops! Sorry!

You: It's ok.

You: No you're not! You don't mean it! You did it on purpose! You hurt my feelings and my heart and my mind and the children in Africa!!! Why are you talking to me!???? Don't walk away, you need to apologize to me!!!! I love my toe!!! Why do you hate my toe!!!!!

Which one feeds the drama monster? Not the civil, normal human being response.

Actually, I apologized to the OP a few posts back and give her a bit of an explanation as to why this topic set me off personally, so it seems you might be the keeping things going.
  • MsEndomorph
    Options

Me have cheese, too?

Lol no, I tried to quote someone with this response and failed miserably, if you are interested it's a quote off a cartoon called 'Burnt Face Man'.

I wanted cheese. :-/
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    :noway:

How the hell can you call that a lasagna without noodles and cheese??

It's in quotes! As in "lasagna". See what I did there?

I want to hug you...this made me laugh lol
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

Sorry... I have no more time to deal with you in this day, but rest assured, you will be on ignore from this point forward.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm one sad panda.

And to the OP, I am sorry if I read your responses wrong. Wasn't trying to be a jerk to you specifically -- just the attitude that some food is "junk" and my reasons for that are mostly from dealing with a lot of poorer people with limited access to higher quality foods.

Well I just had a gander at what you post on here, and it's pretty much insult after insult.

Lol wut? I don't post a whole lot and don't insult people very frequently --- disagree maybe.
  • MsEndomorph
    Options
    I don't understand how people who get hurt or angered by someone calling cheese "garbage" can function in day to day life.

What happens when someone else eats the last yogurt in your fridge? When the mailman puts one of your weekly mailers in your neighbor's mailbox? When your favorite tv show gets cancelled?

Do you cry for days? Yell and scream and throw things? Punch people in the throat?

Oh, wait. Probably not. Because it's a message board and people use it as an excuse to get indignant and overdramatic about EVERYthing. Le sigh.

I think it's more that using the term "garage" comes off as smug and for whatever reason, people don't take kindly to that. I would guess that's why so many people were arguing over the term "lasagna" - which I kind of saw as a way for people to make the OP feel stupid, because she (apparently inadvertently) made people feel bad for calling certain foods trash.

Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif

And she has apologized.... MULTIPLE times!

You: It's ok.

You: No you're not! You don't mean it! You did it on purpose! You hurt my feelings and my heart and my mind and the children in Africa!!! Why are you talking to me!???? Don't walk away, you need to apologize to me!!!! I love my toe!!! Why do you hate my toe!!!!!

Which one feeds the drama monster? Not the civil, normal human being response.

Actually, I apologized to the OP a few posts back and give her a bit of an explanation as to why this topic set me off personally, so it seems you might be the keeping things going.

Oh no you don't, girlfriend. You keep all that finger pointing mess to yourself. You apologized AFTER you responded to me, to which someone else responded, to which I just got around to responding. I'm behind.
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    but at the end of the day both toes still hurt!
    just saying...
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options

Me have cheese, too?

Man, I haven't seen that in ages
  • MsEndomorph
    Options
    but at the end of the day both toes still hurt!
    just saying...

Very true, but I think we'll all be ok. I really, really do. The difference between toes and words is that when I hurt you physically, I have the power to make you feel a certain way. With words, the receiver has the power. Someone giving you a label (or your food a label) can only cause you pain if you accept it. If I call you a butterfly, it would only upset you if took it as negative intent and internalized it. We all do it. I just don't think it's wise to do it over something as trivial as cheese, because in the end you're left with the pain and it isn't worth it.

I'm about to go eat me some garbage now. Cheese, no pasta. I don't really like pasta's calorie to satiation level. I need a lot more calories of pasta to feel "done" than cheese. Probably because I don't eat cheese as a major part of the meal - more of a garnish.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The next time someone makes me an eggplant lasagna, I'm going to complain that he called it the wrong thing since it has no noodles. (Maybe just in my head. I still want him to make it for me again.)

Thanks for your sharing the recipe OP! The pictures look really great.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Please stop perpetuating the belief that certain foods are 'garbage', it's embarrassing for anyone intelligent enough to know that it's a load of...well, garbage

I'm a vegan.
    I've lost 111 pounds.

For me (and most others): "White pasta + too much cheese + highly saturated fatty meat" = lasagna IS garbage. Modifying classics to meet a better diet is, in no way, a bad thing. Borrowing the name of a type of dish is also not a crime.

Hmm, I'm *not* vegan, I eat white pasta, cheese, and meat and have lost more, soooo...

But I'm going to give this a try. :)
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Might try that as a side dish, but have to agree with others it is an insult to real Italian lasagna. Certainly do appreciate free recipe ideas though, I would just have to call this something besides lasanga. :)

I make diet lasagna using the whole wheat noodles, soy meat crumbles, shredded skim milk cheeses and sauce, and it is pretty friggin awesome to eat, have it with a salad and you can stay under 500 calories with it and have hardly any fat in it. Oh, and I do have my garlic bread too, brush cut bread with grapeseed oil, shakes some spices on it and then grill it on skillet (add no extra oils or fats). I think it's important to not feel you are missing out on everything good in life, because you won't stay on track for a lifetime if you use plans that are too stringent and restricting. I tried the other way, and I lost weight and kept it off for two years but then fell off-track and gained all the weight back plus extra because I was sick of being deprived of my favorite meals, so now I am learning to adapt those favorites where they are still delicious but healthier.

This isn't a restriction for me. I don't eat dairy so cheese is a non issue.
    As for pasta, I've never been a big fan anyway.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. :)

You might not feel you are missing anything, and that is what matters, but ME, this would not work for me, I would be missing some things BIG TIME with this dish. Like I said, this would be my idea of a vegetable side dish.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Please stop perpetuating the belief that certain foods are 'garbage', it's embarrassing for anyone intelligent enough to know that it's a load of...well, garbage

I'm a vegan.
    I've lost 111 pounds.

For me (and most others): "White pasta + too much cheese + highly saturated fatty meat" = lasagna IS garbage. Modifying classics to meet a better diet is, in no way, a bad thing. Borrowing the name of a type of dish is also not a crime.

Hmm, I'm *not* vegan, I eat white pasta, cheese, and meat and have lost more, soooo...

But I'm going to give this a try. :)

Maybe you had more to lose and, as a result, have lost more. Good for you for your progress--bad for you for smugly looking down your nose at other peoples' eating habits.

Maybe give being less condescending a try, too :)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    looks good!