My sister is mean :(

Options
So...I've been working hard at the gym and now my old clothes no longer fit. I donated them and went shopping for new pants...and turns out I can fit comfortably into size 2s. My younger sister is 3 inches taller than me and we now weigh the same, but she doesn't work out at all - and is also a size 2.

So today I was showing her my new pants...and she said that my legs are "way" fatter than hers and that I'm not a "real" size 2.

I'm feeling a bit down because I thought my new pants were a NSV...but now I feel like I'm just deluding myself. :/

Anyone else have trouble shaking off mean comments? Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive about my weight but I've been working really hard and would like to hear nice things rather than mean thoughts. :(

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Punch her in the neck and then tell her that your pants disagree with her.
  • handsoftime
    handsoftime Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't let her get to you. Maybe you just fill the pants out better than she does and now she's super jealous. I know my sister would be jealous if we could wear the same size pants and make them look better. But really, as long as it feels like a NSV to you, it's a freakin' NSV.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ignore her, really, and let karma do its work.
  • hya89
    hya89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You worked really hard to get where you are and you should be proud. If you fit that size, you are that size. There is no such thing as a 'real' size 2. And even if your legs are bigger, you've been working out, some of that is muscle.

Bad comments can be really hard to shake, especially from people close to you. Just try to remind yourself that you have worked really hard for this and you deserve all the pay off you get.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I was going to suggest slapping her in the face with a fish, but that works too. If you fit a size 2, go you! A great way to know that you're losing weight and not being lied to by clothing sizes is to take measurements when/if you weigh in. The tape never lies, and your sister can't compete with that.

Congrats on the weight loss anyway, don't be put off by your sisters mean comments :) She's probably frustrated you're now the same size as her.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    ignore the b____. Just jealous. Rid yourself of those that bring you down.
  • Vogela824
    Vogela824 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This ^ xDD
  • meowmisu
    meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    woohoo 2 NSVs in one day- fitting a size 2 and making your sister jealous! Score!
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe talk to her and tell her that these comments aren't making you feel
    Happy. They might bring you down enough to demotivate you into not working out anymore
    I'm sensitive too and I was called fat by this guy and I honestly don't have any idea why he would even say that
    And I was pretty bummed out but later I went to a parry and everyone complimented me and you just need to surround yourself with positive people and reassure yourself that you've reached a goal and you're working towards a healthy lifestyle. I hope you know that you are inspirational. Take care sweetie. :) and if you ever need to vent, you can message me.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'll always be a size 12 because of my hip bones so Im jealous!:)
  • violet_papillon
    violet_papillon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Um...I love all of you! Thank you so much for all your kind comments. :)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

Came here to say this. As the big sister, this is your prerogative.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Uhhh, if you comfortably fit into a size 2, then you are a "real" size 2 . What does that even mean? lol

Your sister sounds extremely paranoid that you will soon be fitter than she is. And she had every right to be. So let her say whatever she wants. Keep kicking *kitten*, and make her scared! The look on her face when you are clearly thinner and fitter than she is will be priceless!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    She's just being a douche.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I believe she is just jealous of your achievements. Please continue to rock it and don't let it bother you! My Mom does the same thing sometimes, it just makes me want to kick butt even harder! :bigsmile:
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Wow! She is super jealous of You. Way to go!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Sounds about right.....
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

This! Totally this!

*Disclaimer: I know this will offend anyone who doesn't think that violence is the answer. Please understand that this posting in no way supports violence, it was all in jest. Thank you, and have a pleasant day. :flowerforyou:
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'll always be a size 12 because of my hip bones so Im jealous!:)
    ditto

I have wider hip bones too. My goal is a size 12. No way I can get below a size 10 due to those hip bones.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    woohoo 2 NSVs in one day- fitting a size 2 and making your sister jealous! Score!

^ THIS! ^