So far to go?

Options

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you make sure your calorie goal isn't too low, it makes it MUCH easier to stick with the program. If you are hungry and struggling each day, then you are likely not eating enough.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options

On a side not that's a lot of hard boil eggs you eat

Lol, that's a synching problem with my phone and the updates!! You should see my protein numbers!!!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I stepped on the scale and saw "300" staring back at me I was devastated & overwhelmed. Now I just try to remind myself that each day I make healthy choices & stay active is a good day. I'm not looking for perfection, I'm looking for a lifestyle I can maintain. Good luck on your journey!
  • TheMinxyMissK
    TheMinxyMissK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started with nearly 200lbs to lose, I just focused on each 7lbs rather than the total as it was too overwhelming. I'm getting there :)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I focused on what I had done rather than how far I had to go. Initially I focused on calories but with time it became about healthy choices, then exercise.
  • INNERDIVA302
    INNERDIVA302 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    DON'T OVER THINK IT.....TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME...CONCENTRATE ONLY ON THE MOMENT YOUR CURRENTLY IN. 2 DAYS IS A GREAT START...THAT'S 2 DAYS MORE THAN ME...ROCK ON!
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    For me, it is about making sustainable changes and realizing that the time will pass anyway. Whether I am working toward my goal or not, time will not wait for me. You can do it. :)
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I know it seems like a long road, but you didn't think about what you were doing when you put on the weight now do that for dropping it :)

I try not to go there. it's a lifestyle change. My eating habits can't drastically change from how they are right now. Right now I think about fitting into my size 12's and how nice that will be. after that I'll concentrate on how nice my ten's will be. one step at a time.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am hard on myself and I'm very much an all or nothing type of person, so it's a long difficult process. I've never really tried before to lose weight and I'm overwhelmed. I am finding that perpetration is key. I have to plan or I'll fail!
  • 2Shar
    2Shar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have decided to concentrate on 10lbs at a time. My mind can grasp and get excited about 10lbs. :)
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I never thought about it. I got up every morning and said today I am going to eat right and move my *kitten* more. I didn't think about tomorrow or next week or next month. Just that day. And the days just kept adding up and the pounds just kept coming off. Now I'm just over 10 pounds to a healthy weight.
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote on this site from somebody. Not sure who. But I saved it and look at it when I'm feeling that way.

"The way I see it, it took a LOT of bacon cheeseburgers and 700 calorie ice cream sundaes to get me here- I can't put a week into reversing that and expect a miracle. I WANT this."

LOVE this! Well said!

Take it one day at a time....before you know it your status will pop up as logged in 30 days in a row, 60, 90.... I now look at myself and ask - WHY did I not start this sooner? Believe in yourself, find an amazing group of people to cheer and support you along the way and you WILL get there .....that's why you are on this site, no?

Best of luck :)
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well, the honest truth is that it's NEVER really over. Losing is one phase. Maintaining is another. You're in this for the long haul. And time is going to pass whether you're losing weight and getting healthier or not, so you might as well make the most of it.

That said, break it up into smaller goals, and make some of those goals not related to the scale at all. IE, being able to run a 5k or bench press a certain amount, or fit back into a dress or pair of jeans that's a little too snug.

I really like how this person put into words what I am now realising - about time passing regardless of whether you are losing weight or not. Life carries on, luckily for us (sorry to be morbid, my mother in law just died suddenly, which has brought it home to me that life does end and to make the most of it while you can). Ok, I'll stop now, and take my sadness elsewhere...
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I made small goals. started at 246 in September...
    first goal was 199
    second goal was 175
    third goal was 155

that helped, because it wasn't such a long road just to reach a goal, they were short term goals...
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I just think about it a kilo or 2 at a time.

I also figure 6 months to a year is going to pass by regardless if I am losing weight or not and 6 months from now I don't want to wake up and still be the same or weigh more.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I take it one step, one meal, one day at a time. Along the way, savour all of the small victories. It really helps and they add up.
    Keep looking forward and before you know it, you will not be so overwhelmed. Allow for mistakes and do not get discouraged.

MFP has been my best tool for getting me this far and this site and the people here are the best motivator that I have.

You can do this! Best of luck to you!
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, because I just started at the beginning of this month, starting at exactly 400 lbs.

For myself, I just take it a day at a time. I make sure to keep track of what I eat, and record my calories religiously - and keeping a.schedule as far as exercise goes. I know as long as I keep my goals small, I won't be discouraged and quit.

Just keep going, and before you know it the weight will be gone. :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    When I first started to lose weight, I decided that I should focus more on what I wanted to do and that by doing that weight loss would hopefully follow.

At 260lbs, I could barely walk a quarter of a mile without wanting to collapse. Now at 180.8lbs, I can walk 5 miles with ease and have started jogging. When I need to make a quick trip to the store for a few things, I walk the 2.5 miles from my house to walmart instead of taking my car (providing the item needed doesn't need to be kept cold). My point is that as my fitness level improves, my weight seems to keep going down.
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The first week or two was so hard... after that you kind of get into a rhythm of packing fruit/veggies/nuts as snacks and working out more in the mornings. If i have a fatty meal earlier in the day, i make sure to have a light dinner - i try to get away from thinking "ugh, i already ruined it i'll just binge now". I love food so much, i still try to enjoy it, i just make sure that it's worth it and i'm not just emotionally eating junkfood. Good luck! Stick it out for 2 weeks, you will feel a difference and it will help motivate you!
  • jennifermlake
    jennifermlake Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me, was joining a bootcamp and as part of this they had a 60 day challenge. For the challenge, the trainer provided eating tips for your goals (weight loss, fitness, muscle development) -- and she can view your MFP diary, so there is a lot of accountability. There were also great workouts with the group and on your own. And it was with a great group of people that encourage you every day.

This was helpful not only for the competition and the accountability, but because it was a set goal - 60 days. Just 60 days. Those 60 days were tough -- but I learned new habits and was getting fit. My 60 days are up and I'm continuing with the bootcamp and most of the clean eating principles (I'd say I'm about 80/20). The important piece is that now it's no longer a "diet"...I have to think and plan ahead for meals still, but it's a lifestyle now.

Keep at it. You will get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!