Do you workout everyday?

Options
Some days like today, I realllly don't feel like working out. I'm at 1204 calories so far, really not hungry and if I workout then I'll have to eat even more. But if I don't workout, I feel bad and guilty like my laziness is going to cause my progress to slow down. Usually I workout 6 days a week though. Monday through Saturday and then I take Sunday off. What do you guys think?
How many days a week do you work out and for how long?

Replies

• melindafritz
    Options
    60 minutes of cardio
    7 days a week
  • aalicia88
    aalicia88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of cardio
    7 days a week

lol thanks.. I feel worse now but not your fault. I've got to get out of this lazy rut :/
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Usually 4-5 strength training during weekdays i never go gym on weekends as im fairly active.

Usually an hour tops each time i go to gym.
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    I try to workout everyday...I love to run and my day feels incomplete without one. My short runs are 4 miles long and my longer runs can be anywhere from 6 to 10 miles. Of course, if I don't want to work out then I don't. There's NOTHING wrong with taking a day or so off. In fact, resting promotes muscle growth and development. Enjoy your day off...i'm sure you deserve it!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week, alternating HIIT (30 mins max) and running (1hr max) :)
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Total bodyweight training 6 days a week.
  • Hss0p
    Hss0p Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    6-7x per week
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I run three times a week and make sure I get in three strength training sessions as well -- I used to do three Body Pump classes each week, but I've just swapped one class for a circuit training class instead and I'll see how that goes. Depending on how busy I am, I might also do a spin class. Basically, I do some form of exercise five or six (usually six) days a week. On my "rest day", I do like to make sure I do something active, though -- for example, I might take my dogs for a 45-minute walk instead of a 20-minute walk, or do some yoga.

I feel kind of weird and sluggish if I don't get up and move in some way every day, but I do think it's important to give my body a break from working out. Earlier this year, I was spending up to two hours at the gym every day and ended up with a knee injury!
  • aalicia88
    aalicia88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses everyone! This really helped me :D
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I lift 4 days per week. Cardio is sporadic.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Nah, I need my rest days. I get sore, gotta take it easy.

4-5 days of working out i enough for me, more than that and I can't recover and need like 4 days of rest.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Nope, I require rest days.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Usually 6 days a week, sometimes 7. Half the week I workout once a day, the other half twice a day.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    no way. my body is in bits after three days of working out. i need a rest! couple days of rest a week for me.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I try to, but not usually because I want to eat more (though that's a plus). I'm looking at the people around me in better shape and I want to be in the same boat, so that's a huge motivator :)

My goal is 7 days, since workouts on 3 of the 7 are only an hour long, so it's not like I'm working out for hours and hours every day, but it usually ends up being anywhere from 5-7.
  • Megh757
    Megh757 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i workout 6 days a week but i enjoy it. if you want or need a rest day take it and dont feel bad at all.
    i run 3-5 days a week
    taebo or circuit training 3-6 days usually 6
    and some sort of laborous yard work 6 days a week
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    All day every day. Actual dedicated exercise all day. Cardio 90 mins a day, with the actual dedicated walking all day.... I do mean ALL day. From the moment I wake till the time I sleep. I'm ALWAYS moving....always.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying to overtrain on purpose. It's fun to see what the body is made out of by kicking its *kitten* once in a while.
    I've taken one rest gym day in the last 12 days
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    Right now I'm TRYING to do 6 days a week. 3 days of HIIT (30 Day Shred right now, but will move on later) and 3 days of running (various distances and speeds as I'm training for a 10K). Some weeks I get all 6, some weeks just 4.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i w/o on average 2 hrs a day... 3 days i do tae kwon do 2 hrs a day.. then the rest of the week i do a mix of swimming, weight lifting, walking, biking etc. ocationally i take a day off or cut back...