Tattoos with no meaning whatsoever?

Options
124»

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    None of my tattoos have any meaning. I just like the way they look. I'll probably get one or two more in the future and I doubt they'll have much meaning either.
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have a big @ss tatt from chest to arms to back and most of it has meaning but not all of it. I didn't really intend for it to have meaning but kind of worked out that way.

Btw, that design you're looking at is hot! Hope you're ready for that needle on the rib cage. ; )
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have tattoos with meaning and tattoos that are simply a design I love. I think a tattoo should ALWAYS be something you LOVE but not necessarily have a special meaning to you.

^^this^^
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    "I always thought if I ever got a tat, it would have some deep emotional meaning...I'm wondering how many of you get tats simply because you like the design? "

Ha!

My first and second were because I simply liked the look of the flower and the dragon. My third was to cover up the dreadful job done on the first.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos, because I would just end up covered in zombies and comic book characters...
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    DH has two tats that he chose just based on the design, no real meaning to them. (Incidentally, he regrets both of them.) I don't have one for the simple fact that I have never seen a picture that I loved so well I wanted it permanently on my body.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Almost all my tats except 2 have no meaning. I have a spider web on my neck and a spider. I have the skull and crossbones poison symbol. The two I have that have meaning are my husbands name and I have the atheist a on my arm
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have a big @ss tatt from chest to arms to back and most of it has meaning but not all of it. I didn't really intend for it to have meaning but kind of worked out that way.

I just have to say, when I first read this, I thought it said "I have a big fat @as tattooed on my chest." I was really confused at first. LOL

To the OP, it may not need to have a special meaning, but it should be a personalized piece of art for you. I knew I wanted one for a while, and looked at lots of designs, and when the time came, I picked something generic and often done. Plus the artist wasn't that great, so now I have a crappy tat that I don't really like because it is so similar to what every other rebellious young lady has (as in: butterfly at the lower back).

I would like to get a great artist to draw me an awesome cover up, or at least something to turn what's there into awesomeness.
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Both of my tattoos don't really have meaning. I have a cupcake I drew on my thigh. It was originally for a cupcake for heroes thing at this tattoo convention that was raising money for Help for Heroes. My 2nd one is just a thing from a game series I love :)
    263632_10150214959287834_1339652_n.jpg
    17759_10151465791962834_904372271_n.jpg
    *photos were taken just after having them done

I used to be like you and think that tattoos have to have meaning, but I love these little daft ones. They represent who I am I think ^^ and well... i think that's pretty darn meaningful :p
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options

Btw, that design you're looking at is hot! Hope you're ready for that needle on the rib cage. ; )

Yeah...sadly, that hurts like a mutha...the stomach area is tough too. But all worth it!!
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My first tattoo was a small Triquetra on the back of my right shoulder. I got it cuz I love Triquetras & it was small enough to see if I could handle getting one.

My second, on my left upper arm, is for my mom. She loved the Wizard of Oz & the design is of the Yellow Brick Road with Dorothy's ruby slippers on it with the word "Mom" over the top.

My third one, one my right upper arm, is a vine heart with 2 open roses inside, the purple rose for my grandma & the blue one my grandpa. The pink rosebud under the open flowers is me.

I am still planning on my 4th, a Cheshire Cat, just trying to find the right design & spot for it. This one has no meaning, other than I like Cheshire Cat.

**Photos of my ink can be found in my profile, for the curious** :flowerforyou:
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    To each is own. I have some large tattoos and one tiny one. My tattoos all have meaning to me . I think tattoos can develop a meaning and story after awhile anyways. Just make sure its something you are going to love everyday after and that it is of quality. They can be seen on my profile. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    tats dont have to mean anything.Its a personal thing if u want tats that are meaningful or not!
  • Hlasweet
    Hlasweet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is my tattoo that is located on my back. I'm a Leo and my personality is truly every sense of a Leo. I have the little horns on the head and the halo on the tail to represent that you either get the very good side of me, or the very bad side of me and there is really never an in between. I have the back of the Lion showing because it is about strength and represents all of the things I have gone through in life thanks to my personal strength.

I think as long as you can imagine a tattoo on yourself and you feel good about it, knowing it will be there forever, go for it! Whatever makes you happy!
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The meaning thing is silly. I mean, there are no rules. Ya know? Just do whatever you want.

All of them, every single one, will someday have a meaning that maybe you never intended. You know? You're a lot older, and someone asks, and you say, "I got this a long time ago, when I lost 100 lbs. I didn't get it for that reason, but it was around that time, also...etc..." The story of life doesn't end, and every tattoo whether it has an explicit meaning or not will one day have a story behind how and why you decided to get it. I got one once that was just, "I walked in, saw it on the wall, and said, I'll get that one". It's still a story, and there's kinda more behind all that. So, yeah, what seems drab or meaningless really is not at all.

So, don't worry about it.

^^This.

I'm half way through my fourth tattoo at the moment. There are no particular meanings behind any of them but they were done at certain points in my life that do bring back memories and no doubt they will change with my perception over the years. My current one is something I have wanted for a long time but never had the confidence to go through with when I was heavier. It suits me quite well and it is another memory for me.

I have a few scars too, they are meaningless but they also tell a story.

If its your profile pic, it looks like it will be awesome. How much time will it have taken once it's all finished?
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Yeah...sadly, that hurts like a mutha...the stomach area is tough too. But all worth it!!

I think, and I know a lot of people who would agree, it depends on the person and their tolerance in certain places. However, most people are tender in this area and most find it quite painful. I have one that is similar to what the OP wants except mine is different flowers and more of a variety of flowers and starts at my shoulder blade and flows down my back, my rib cage, tummy, hip, and onto my thigh all the way down to my knee. The tummy and thigh hurt quite a bit in places, but the rib cage just felt like I was being constantly tickled. Honestly, I would have rather sat through pain, then feeling what I felt on my rib cage.