Pets... That's right, I'm one of "those" people...

Options

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have a dog (Labrador) and a bunny. I love the, both dearly, but neither of them sleep with me. The bunny is an outdoor bunny, and has his own little 'Bunny Hilton' in the garden. The dog is not allowed upstairs due to problems with his legs, so he has 3 dog beds to choose from down stairs (but mostly ends up sleeping on the settee :) )
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    Pets DO NOT sleep with me. Brownie, our pit/rock mix sleeps in her bed, Poopoo kitty is an outdoors cat, and Dollar Bill a mut sleeps in a cage because he likes to EAT everything!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I call my chi Snoop Duchess. eta: She's actually my 11yr olds. She sleeps with her little nasty *kitten*. lol

DuchessAsDrogon5_zpsa7752ed7.jpg

c758eadd-1-1.jpg
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Anyway! So I was thinking... Who else shares a bed with their cat/dog?

Ha, not anymore. When my husband and I started dating, he had a 2 year old Rottweiler. She would literally push me out of bed. I got tired of having a pillow full of dog hair and dried slobber. She is now 10 1/2 years old, 135 lbs and could not get on the bed if she tried. She's been happily sleeping outside our room since we got married.

We also have a 10 month old Rottweiler, 4 chickens and 3 bunnies.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    NO pets in the bed. We have a beagle/basset named Chopper, two cats (Sam & Rocky) , 3 beta fish (Gutsy, Westly and nameless), and 5 hermit crabs (Krusty II, Charlie, Folly, Brock & Carmine).

I have a small obsession with my hermit crabs. I love them. They tolerate me as long as I feed them and keep their habitat nice and humid/warm.

Otherwise, I find pets to be an extreme drain on the budget. We will not be replacing the fish or the furry friends once they pass on.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I share. :) Or rather, I scoot over to allow my dog(s) to take over the bed. Two dogs, both rescues. Harley and Athena. One's "middle-aged," the other is older. One's fat, the other is skinny. They barely tolerate each other, but the fights that draw blood have diminished to once every six months or so. I guess that's what happens when you have two alpha *****es trying to rule the roost.

I can't imagine *not* having a dog (or two) around. Cats? We are catless at the moment and, generally, I can live without them, but we've had a couple I liked a lot.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    We don't share a bed, but my 4.5lb chocolate shih tzu shares one with my kids. They take turns one who gets to sleep with him when they're not in my bed. Yes, we have crazy sleeping arrangements lol
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    zoj6.jpg

^ Love it! Does the little guy snore up a storm? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention - A few years ago, the older dog had fleas. I certainly would not have wanted those in bed with us.
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    Curently sleep with my 50 lbs Pointer, Jax and my 20 lbs Rat Terrior, Durango. Sometimes my 2 yr old daughter and my husband when he's not working the night. So yay: 2 adults, 1 toddler and 2 dogs in a full sized bed. I usually end up sleeping on the couch... haha! I wouldn't change a thing though!!!!! :happy:
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Guilty!
    IMG_20120701_134644.jpg
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    zoj6.jpg

^ Love it! Does the little guy snore up a storm? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think this is just so freakin adorable!!!!! I can't help but smile!:laugh:
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I share my king size bed with two 45 lb dogs and sometimes there isn't enough room for me. My husband will soon be sharing that bed with us again, things are about to get interesting...
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    One of my kitties sleeps with us. He sleeps right in between my boyfriend and I and has an obsession with my boyfriend's armpit so he's usually curled up under his arm (punk, that's my spot) lol. My other kitty used to sleep with us too, but now that he's not a kitten he's doesn't do it as often because there isn't as much room.
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    lol...just my 17lb cat.
    <
    see profile picture!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have a 35lb mini bull terrier and a sassy gray cat. I am so tempted to let the dog sleep with us, especially now since my BF is away for a few weeks. I think I might do it tonight and see how it goes! Usually she sleeps in her crate in the living room but she hates it. I don't trust her wondering around the house because she chews stuff.

The sassy cat is terrified of the dog (which makes me sad!) so I turned the 2nd bedroom into a kitty oasis. Her litter box/food/bed/toys are all in there along with a gate up so she can relax in there without worrying about the dog chasing her.

I'm definitely a crazy animal lady.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    ...who will talk about their pets any time, any where! Because basically the entire animal population is my best friend.

Anyway! So I was thinking... Who else shares a bed with their cat/dog?
    For the past two years I've shared my queen size bed with an 11lb chihuahua and to this day I walk up with my legs hanging off the side of the bed because he's taken over.

zoj6.jpg

Lol! Idk why but it cracks me up!

Okay, your turn! Now you tell me something fun about your pets :love:

SO cute!!!! He looks like he owns the bed, too!

Dog hair is a way of life in my house. See profile photo.
  • Windzer
    Windzer Posts: 104
    Options
    I used to share my bed with my ~50lb Samoyed mix, but after he chewed up my blankets/sheets (puppy) he no longer is allowed on the bed
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    *ONLY* 3 cats so I do not qualify as a crazy cat lady! Two usually sleep with me, sometimes the 3rd. Only annoying thing, the two like to sleep right next to me... no need as it is a king-sized bed. Purring is a great white noise to fall asleep to :)
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My labrador sleeps next to my bed on the floor. She wakes me up every morning at 5 am because that is when she is hungry. :grumble:

But I love her dearly! :heart: