NSV at Disneyland.

Options
13»

Replies

• itsanatalia
    itsanatalia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing NSV!! Great job getting there!
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Ann_Marie_2x_MORE Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Your NSV just made me cry. Congrats you!!! The things we give up because we're overweight..... I'm so happy for you!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love reading success stories, especially NSV's. This is the best one I've read in a long time!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • callandert
    callandert Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That must have been a wonderful feeling and such a sense of accomplishment! Cheers to you!
  • epfenick
    epfenick Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such a great accomplishment!!
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    I'm also an annual passholder and know how great that would feel to go on some of the rides you couldn't before. In fact, that is one of my goals. Disneyland tends to build for larger people so I haven't had issues there but the husband wants to go to Six Flags and I keep putting it off because I'm afraid I'd be too big for some of the rides. In fact, last year we had an annual pass for SeaWorld and I kept waving off his suggestion on going on The Manta and when he finally got annoyed at me and demanded to know why I wouldn't go on it I finally just got angry and yelled at him "Because I read on Yelp that fat people have to test sit in the fat chair to see if they can go on it and I don't want to make a spectacle of myself okay?!" He stopped bothering me about it anyway.
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    I love this story! Congratulations on your progress!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Love, love, LOVE Disneyland, but since moving to TX have only been to WDW. What an awesome NSV!!! I have always used a scooter at WDW, except on our first trip. That was a negative experience as on our last day there, my daughter had to push me in a wheelchair.

Since starting this journey in March, I have gone to Seaworld and walked for the day. I am trying to work my way up to WDW which we hope to go to again next year. In the meantime, I am walking daily and next month we are going to San Antonio and Seaworld for a week!! I'll get lots of practice. ;-)

I so miss Disneyland's fantasyland! It is so much better than WDW's!! Pinnochio, Mr. Toad's wild ride, etc! I also like the fact that you can sit at the rivers of America and watch Fantasmic!! I miss that at WDW, as you have to wait in line at Hollywood studios.
    Again, hooray!!
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!

And great goal for a future NSV as well.... imagine the amount of calories you will burn walking around Disneyland for 12+ hours!!

Good for you. Thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work.
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    New to the boards here. Is there somewhere to search all the abbreviations? I have no clue what NSV means.

Non-Scale-Victory

Thanks for that! All this time I've been thinking it meant "No Small Victory" - as in every victory is a big victory!
  • Symphony2010
    Symphony2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank u all for the praise! I really appreciate all the support from my fitness pal.
  • CGraceEat
    CGraceEat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awww this one made me tear up!!!

Me too! This is a great story. Congrats and keep up the great work! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!