Any young at heart moms in their 30's/40's?

Options
13»

Replies

• HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a 41 yr old mom to 23, 19, 17 and 12 year old kids. I run in my free time. I work in a Pediatrics office.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    36 yr sahm to 3 girls, 13, 8 and 3! They keep me pretty busy but i do enjoy having new friends on here :) I've lost 20 but have many many to go!
  • TelleyRobyn
    Options
    I would love to add you wonderful people, but i am young. anyone who doesn't mind a young mama feel free to add me.:smile:
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am an active 44 year old mother of 3...the youngest is 17. He keeps me moving. I currently play softball twice a week and dance once a week. I am about to start lifting again. Feel free to add me.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I am 38 but I feel 28!!!! Mom of 2, ages 13 and 10.5
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have five boys too! Ages 17-7, so at least I've been done with diapers for a while (yea!)

I lost weight in 2006, and despite staying uber active, it's snuck back on over the years. I know it's the eating. I joined MFP mid-May and have had slow but steady success so far.

I did do a full-body weight workout 1-3 times a week, but I set it aside for the moment while I'm doing the 30DayShred (a week and a half left). I plan on going back to my weight workouts after I finish up. I do miss them. I have a complete home gym with elliptical, treadmill and bike as well. I'm spoiled!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You can add me!

I'm 42 yr old mom to three (16 yr old boy, 13 yr old girl, 11 yr old by - and I almost started crying typing that out, how in the world do I have a 16 yr old?), about to be a step-mom to a 18 boy & 16 yr old girl. I wouldn't say young at heart, I would say young at spirit :). . .and pretty far from being a grown-up.

I work full-time, I hit the gym early, have a trainer that I work with twice a week - I'm trying to start the couch to 5K, but OMG, I hate cardio, I'm waiting for the love of it to kick in - I have two future sister in laws who are runner types, and dammit, I want to be a runner-type too!

I'm dying to know how all these other moms are doing DVDs at home. How do you get your kids to leave you alone long enough to get through one?
  • lucidfreedom
    lucidfreedom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! 41 here and a homeschool mom to two boys-6 and 7. I am re-instituting my journey after gaining my weight back. Ive got 200 to lose, so I would love to connect for laughs and support!

Shannon
  • lehuagirl
    lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Whew! I'm still in my 40s -- 47 to be exact but can't believe I am not 35??? My grandma always said "You are as young as you think you are" and she decided to "quit camping" at 91, and aerobics at 90! If I want to follow in those great footsteps, I need to get back in shape and take my little food obsessed mind to a different mindset!
    Mom of 14,15 and 17 -- love more mom friends.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    36 pregnant with my first due in Decemeber
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    As my doctor recently told me, I'm three years away from my first mammogram. lol! I have a soon-to-be four year old.
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a mom of an almost 14 year old and 11 year old. I have never done CLX but I heard good things. Right now I am doing a hybrid of 2 programs Combat (cardio) and Pump (weight lifting). I love it! I definitely don't feel like I'm going to be 34. It's all how you feel!

Love, love, love Combat! FR sent :D
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    36 pregnant with my first due in Decemeber

Congratulations! FR sent :)
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 40 and a mom of 2 (son, daughter). I feel younger and in person look younger. I have lost 23 pounds and have about 30 more to lose. Please feel free to add me. I like to give and receive support not criticism. Thanks!
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a stay at home mom of 2. They are 7 and 4. I just turned 35 last week somehow.lol I am pretty sure I am only 22!lol
    I workout at home 6 days week. I just started CLX/Turbo fire hybrid. Add me if u would like!
  • tntsmom2008
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 41 yo mom of two boys, 13 & 11. Last week, I was told that I didn't look 40 - WooHoo! My youngest son had health issues from birth and was eventually diagnosed with autism. I gained 70 lbs battling depression and using food for comfort. My youngest son is very high functioning and is doing great now :) I have spent the past few years concentrating on helping my son and really let myself go! I know it is time to work on me now!
    My oldest son is overweight and being bullied about it. I think he learned food for comfort from me. So, I'm trying to cook better, eat healthier and be more active to set a good example for my kids. Plus, I'm tired of feeling tired all the time! I want to lose 100 lbs over the next year. I've lost 13 so far. Yay! This is going to be a long journey but I'm determined to do it this time!!!! Could use support & motivation from other moms that know what it's like to be so busy that you forget yourself!
    Gina
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Will be 31 soon, I have 3 kids. 12 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl, and 2 yr old boy:)