198 lbs lost in a little over a year :D

Options

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I hope you are able to maintain your astounding loss.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous! - Well done!
  • AnthonyKolka
    AnthonyKolka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

This thread was deleted (locked I guess because itr is back) for some time today because of complaints that I am endorsing a VLCD. I am not. I am simply saying "this is what I did and it worked". It doesn't work for most people. You have to be very careful what you choose to eat, if you are not going to do the research on everything you eat and ensure that you are getting the nutrition you need do not come anywhere near attempting a diet like this.

Doing this diet wrong can and will kill you.

I obtained advice from a nutritionist at the University of Colorado Hospital when starting this diet. I based my diet plan on the diet plan that they ask you to follow for 3 months prior to bariatric surgery. I gave my food logs to the nutritionist once a week for 3 months; she and I where both pleased with the results and I kept doing my diet. I do not know how anyone can think what I did is worse than the surgery. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that you have an opinion and would not try to silence your opinion. Please do not take your opinion to the next level by trying to silence my reality.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    10/10 Would Bang
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options
    Wow!! This is awesome and very inspiring. Cardio two times a week seems very manageable for someone who doesn't (and doesn't particularly like) to work out

You don't have to hurt yourself to do cardio. The gym I go to at the University of Colorado Hospital in Denver has a "jogging pool" it is 7' deep and is 8' square. I would jog in this for an hour 2 times a week and burn 1200 calories a session. With no impact and running a smaller portion of my weight this was a very good way to get that exercise in. Now I do an hour on the elliptical starting at 5 and work my way up to 15.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

This thread was deleted (locked I guess because itr is back) for some time today because of complaints that I am endorsing a VLCD. I am not. I am simply saying "this is what I did and it worked". It doesn't work for most people. You have to be very careful what you choose to eat, if you are not going to do the research on everything you eat and ensure that you are getting the nutrition you need do not come anywhere near attempting a diet like this.

I obtained advice from a nutritionist at the University of Colorado Hospital when starting this diet. I based my diet plan on the diet plan that they ask you to follow for 3 months prior to bariatric surgery. I gave my food logs to the nutritionist once a week for 3 months; she and I where both pleased with the results and I kept doing my diet. I do not know how anyone can think what I did is worse than the surgery. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that you have an opinion and would not try to silence your opinion. Please do not take your opinion to the next level by trying to silence my reality.

QFT!!! You did an amazing job!! Congrats!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I admire your kindness towards the stupid haters... :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

So why didn't you say this when I asked you back on page 3 if you were medically supervised and how you felt while doing it? You totally ignored my question and responded to everyone else around me. All this could have been avoided if you would have just been up front about it.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I admire your kindness towards the stupid haters... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Asking simple questions like "was this medically supervised" is being a "stupid hater"? Okay then.
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options
    Hello everyone.

So why didn't you say this when I asked you back on page 3 if you were medically supervised and how you felt while doing it? You totally ignored my question and responded to everyone else around me. All this could have been avoided if you would have just been up front about it.

Because I missed your question. It was not fully supervised.
  • heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Good info thank you
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Because I missed your question. It was not fully supervised.

Okay fair enough. Sorry about the misunderstanding then.
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Will you be showing successful before and after pictures of your "meat bags for legs" as you called them, or perhaps pictures along the way as you transform? Were there any exercises you could have done along the way to avoid that happening or did you check into it when you saw it happening? I'm also curious how you felt if you ever exerted yourself too much exercising on the low calorie intake and if you have had any numbers run to see how it affected your metabolism and immune system?
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options
    Will you be showing successful before and after pictures of your "meat bags for legs" as you called them, or perhaps pictures along the way as you transform? Were there any exercises you could have done along the way to avoid that happening or did you check into it when you saw it happening? I'm also curious how you felt if you ever exerted yourself too much exercising on the low calorie intake and if you have had any numbers run to see how it affected your metabolism and immune system?

Umm no, I will not be showing my legs, ever. I called them "meat curtains" anyway; different visual; think of drapes. I didn't take a lot of pics before I got thin, and I still don't do that many. I am a bit camera shy and tend to feel that I am ugly. I never felt that I over exerted myself because I made sure not to. I had more and more energy as I went along and as I lost weight I began adding more calories back into my diet.
  • fbolds
    fbolds Posts: 9
    Options
    Great Job! You are an inspiration.
  • VixenInTraining
    Options
    Maybe if you hadn't done such a drastic diet, you wouldn't be left with "meat curtains" on your legs. A moderate deficit (TDEE - 20%) plus strength training tends to lessen these side effects of rapid weight loss.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Clean your mirror.

LOL!

You did great and look wonderful! Great job!!!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm happy that your thread was restored.
    Congratulations on your impressive weight loss and now your maintenance. You've come a long way in such a short time and I admire the dedication and determination that's gotten you here.

Thank you very much for sharing your success and your path to get there with the rest of us.
    Perhaps someone out there who is considering bariatric surgery will see your story and try your way first.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you hadn't done such a drastic diet, you wouldn't be left with "meat curtains" on your legs. A moderate deficit (TDEE - 20%) plus strength training tends to lessen these side effects of rapid weight loss.

I doubt it. Losing 198 lbs is going to result in loose skin no matter how slowly you lose it.
  • AnthonyKolka
    Options

I doubt it. Losing 198 lbs is going to result in loose skin no matter how slowly you lose it.

I agree. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!