Is it just me or is the sugar allowance a little silly?

Options

Replies

• RyanUNDEAD
    RyanUNDEAD Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At first I was worried but after speaking to someone helpful on myfitnesspal, I ignore it. If I eat 2 8-9 inch carrots and have 200ml of semi skimmed milk I'm apparently at my limit.
  • hutchy90
    hutchy90 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Silly. I upped my allowance.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i dont even monitor the sugar. i dont really care, im not diabetic, and im not dumping sugar on my food... i have bigger worries, like calories, protein, carbs, and fat!
  • death2thepixies
    Options
    Yeah, I thought my sugar allowance was ridiculous too. So I went to my settings and took it off the column completely lol. You can adjust that.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I"m not the only one. Just 2 pieces of fruit put me over, ridiculous. I think I am going to remove mine too.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I try to monitor my sugar for the lyme deasese, but its like impossible to keep it under :grumble:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    im so glad its not just me. Every day Ive been over on sugar. And its the fruits I eat. As well as onion. Who knew that an onion servcing had 5? i didnt.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Sugar does not make you fat. What is the problem?
  • l0vedim0
    l0vedim0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i dont even monitor the sugar. i dont really care, im not diabetic, and im not dumping sugar on my food... i have bigger worries, like calories, protein, carbs, and fat!
    ^^^^^
    Same here, I don't think I've ever been over the sugar allowance, but the only fruit I eat regularly are kiwi fruits for the vitamin C one fruit equals something like 106% DV at only approx. 50 calories.
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    im under my sugar most days but i eat 1 apple and 1 banana. but i dont care if i go over if its natural sugar. f its artificial then its bad lol
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Sugar is sugar dude.. For a start sucrose is half fructose..
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar dude.. For a start sucrose is half fructose..

its all about how its broken down in the body. The sugars from fruit are broken down and used for energy alot faster and easier. If you eat things with like splenda or just bad sugar in general your body is busy trying harder and takes alot longer so you can gain fat and weight because if you body is busy breaking down that stuff then other stuff will get buy and stored in your body to burn later.
    The more simple you make foods that go in your body. the faster your body breaks it down. the faster you get the energy you need. the faster the weight loss.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    mate, if you're in a caloric deficit,, you will lose weight - stop trying to make things harder for yourself, lol.

and whilst you're at it, do some 2013 reading, we've moved on.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I've worked out that if I were to eat 2 apples in a day then I would be over my allowance :s It seems silly to me!

fruit sugar is good ..all other sugar is bad..so you will be fine...
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Any sugar is fine.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ... At the end of my day, I look at the numbers and subtract the amount of sugar that comes from fruit to get an idea where I was at for added sugar...

This is what I do. I'm happy to track my sugar and those red numbers don't scare me at all. Once I subtract the fruit, I'm usually pretty close to goal or even under. :flowerforyou:

right, we all know the fruit sugar is superior to all other sugar...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Sugar does not make you fat. What is the problem?

how do you think people get fat? over consumption of sugar..., hello!
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

By eating too much food?

Are you trolling or being just plain ignorant?
  • ndj1979
    Options

By eating too much food?

Are you trolling or being just plain ignorant?

did I strike a nerve? everyone knows sugar makes you fat...
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    it pisses me off lol im always over!