poll: your picture

Options

Replies

• ashleighk2010
    Options
    My profile picture is an avatar simply because I just made it today and it's kind of neat... Sometimes it's whatever picture of me I like and is semi-recent. I have a picture of myself when I was thin, to motivate, and also a picture of myself in my bathing suit to give in accurate representation of myself. I like to have the variety. I'm not concerned about what other people think of my pictures... I like to assume everyone on this site is here for the right reasons!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Mine's from 10 pounds down (I don't have pictures of me at my heaviest where I'm not obstructed by something larger than me). I've taken pictures of myself to check progress, and am saving the dress for follow-up pictures.)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I post pictures but don't use it as my avatar. I like to see the progress but not to see myself whenever I log in or post. I hate having my picture taken so me as my avatar :sick:
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My MFP picture is probably the best picture that's ever been taken of me. It's not so much for motivation, it's just my favorite picture for representing myself.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I just try to keep up recent pictures. If you look at all of my pics, there are some really bad, chubby guy pics to reference.
  • oddgirlout
    Options
    Fat or thin I am probably one of the most unphotogenic people. I picked a fairly recent picture that wasn't god awful. I thought it was important to show a picture of myself especially since I'd like to make friends. I want them to know I'm for real and to have an image to associate with. I was very nervous about posting a picture because of my previous experiences with blogger and work associates, but this is for me so...oh well. :)
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Mine is totally for motivation, to remind me of how it was at my goal weight. I see what I used to look like both at my heaviest and my most fit. I can't wait to be back at my goal weight!
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    My picture is simply me...being me and full of pure joy! I use it, not because it represents me physically so much, but because it shows my true person. :heart: (It was taken post-partum about 6 months ago).
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My pic was the most recent at the time I joined. I thought it wasn't too bad. I will probably change it up later.
  • bearski79
    bearski79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My own picture is from a few years ago, and i've put on weight since. I have many more photos which look much worse i could use to motivate myself.

In the end i simply added a pic to give MFP a more personal feeling to it. :)
  • irelys03
    irelys03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My picture is actually from two month ago so i was 14 lb over, and i really don't want to go back to that. Once i reach my goal i will change it.:tongue:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    privacy on the net... and also like to mix it up a bit with crazy strange photos instead ;o) lol
  • tnords
    Options
    Privacy for me....
  • jamie_savage
    Options
    I usually use pics of me with my family. My son, daughter or husband or all if I have one because that's what motivates me.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Mine are of my latest achievement. This one is of our dragon boat race from yesterday. My previous one was from my first time kayaking. The sporty ones of me remind me how far I have come
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    my profile picture is from last week, so is current, but there is a definate fat picture on my profile too, it was taken the week before i started dieting, and serves as a good reminder! its motivational, i look at it a lot.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I just pick a picture I like and use it as my avatar. That's all :)
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Mine is my most recent pic where I felt great! It is also from when I did my most recent mini traithlon, so it def motivates me. I will change it when I lose another 5 then again at goal...
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    I :heart: this question. I really enjoy reading peoples' responses. :smile:

My picture is semi-recent... it's from last month I think. I use it because it was a really happy day for me. I was wearing a size 10 skirt for the first time in many years, and that's what I'm smiling about. It's a reminder of how far I've come. :heart:
    Mine is my most recent pic where I felt great! It is also from when I did my most recent mini traithlon, so it def motivates me. I will change it when I lose another 5 then again at goal...

May I ask how tall you are? We're on the same track for weight loss, and while my belly is flatter than it was when I began, it's not nearly as awesome as yours looks!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I just like my current pic as it is from a recent dress up party.

This will probably be confusing but just check my pics if you don't understand :P My previous pic was me dressed up as an avatar haha