mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon.

Filter the water makes it taste better.

Tea
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I adore water, and have been drinking mostly that since I was a kid- my problem is that sometimes I do crave a flavored beverage and finding one is hard- bubbles taste super weird to me since I'm not used to them. What I do currently is take one of my 52 oz big gulp containers and put in about 8 oz of fruit juice or diet pop. Just enough to flavor it lightly. I prefer tart or semi sweet flavors and right now I love FUZE red tea, 8oz is about 50 cals.
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I drink Tazo passion tea ( no calories/ no sugar) It's a tart hibiscus blend, just add seltzer water and you got some soda! Tazo has other herb tea flavors as well.
  • JBizness44
    JBizness44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been hooked on Diet Snapple. Snapple is the bizness as it is, but the diet only has about 5 - 15 calories per bottle and it doesn't taste watered down or anything.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I've been loving iced herbal tea right now.
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind the chemicals of artificial sweeteners and just don't happen to like the taste or aftertaste, try wyler's or another brand of lite lemonade. I can't taste any difference between it and regular lemonade. I've given it to guests who could not tell it was a diet drink. Also, it's very cheap.

Regular coffee, chilled and iced, is another good option though it's better blended up with a little milk or whey protein powder and ice.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    MIO... love it!!!!!
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I can't give you zero if you're trying to avoid fake sugars, but Stevia is all natural, NOT made in a lab. It comes directly from a plant. I don't really like the aftertaste of it, myself, but if you have a Target near you, they have a line of products called "Simply Balanced" and within that line, there's a Vitamin Water type drink called "Essence" that has 3 or 4 flavors. The only sweetener in them is fruit juice, stevia, and bit of sugar. You get 20 ounces for 20 calories, which is not too shabby in my book.

I avoid aspartame because it specifically causes dizziness and low back pain when I have more than a small amount (like, in one yogurt, I'm OK but if I have a soda and a refill, the pain comes). So the people who think it's all a lie just haven't had their own negative experiences with it. I was a Diet Pepsi fiend for years and had no idea what damage it was doing to me. I'm glad that now I'm mostly over it.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with anyone who says artificial sweeteners are harmful. Anyone who harps on about aspartame being a danger to our health too is very very very very misguided and should do their _OWN_ deep research.

Some definitely are, some probably aren't. Aspartame is widely accepted as safe, it just tastes so strange for many people...
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Green tea with orange slices or flavored club soda with just a little bit of juice.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I practically live on soda water with a squirt of lemon or lime juice in it. Fulfils my need for a fizzy flavoured beverage while having basically no calories.
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    Water. When I'm feeling especially risque I'll throw in a few ice cubes.

Don't understand the hoopla against all artificial sweeteners.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Nooo! There is no nice tasting ZERO cal drinks, apart from water!

Then again, processed chemicals are to some peoples taste!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    last time I looked stevia is nautural. Thant being said I Like Sobe yumberry pomegranite
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    water with cucumber slices and mint leaves, let the cucumber and mint sit so it adds more flavor.

i love raspberry seltzer water, have you tried any of the flavored ones?

also flavored teas are good if you make them iced, like berry flavored ones or green tea.

i think you said you didn't want anything with stevia, but there is a 0 cal soda called zevia naturally sweetened with stevia, their ginger ale is really good.

if you drink plain water enough, your body will start to love it and you will feel a million times better overall :]
  • musicmorah
    musicmorah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Great suggestions!! :drinker:
  • musicmorah
    musicmorah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was also told about the beverages Bai, Hint, and Runa teas....anyone ever tried or use these?!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I was also told about the beverages Bai, Hint, and Runa teas....anyone ever tried or use these?!

I like hint, I am too cheap to buy it. But the biggest issue is, if it has been in the bottle too long it tastes plasticy. And it absolutely must be ice cold to be tasty. You can also try metro mint. It doesn't have the plastic problem like hint does.

Personally I just drink lots of tea herbal tea with stevia is an awesome dessert.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options

Bai is one of my favorite go - tos for my non-water/tea drink. The flavors are great, they use erythritol as a sweetener which has very few side effects, and has a nice little caffeine / b12 kick that gets you where you need to go without a crash or any issue with high caffeine levels like energy drinks
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I, too, do not care for artificial sweeteners....maybe they aren't harmful, but I cannot tolerate the TASTE of them.............have tried 'em all, and they all leave an icky aftertaste that I can't stand.

My daughter bought me a Sodastream for Christmas, and I have to say I love that danged thing! I like plain sparkling water, but on occasion I'll mix with a little bit of sweet tea or juice.....the calories are so minimal, the bubbles are there (which I like), and it helps me drink more water :drinker:

Win, win, imho.

I LOVE my sodastream! I do so many delicious things - some have sugar, or a little honey or agave nectar, but some don't. It's so great to have the bubbles for whatever I want, because I love my carbonated drinks. Carbonated water, a little lemon is good, or make really, really strong mint tea, add a little lemon, and that is super tasty too. Most fruit-flavoured teas are great cool also, with or without a little lemon.