This may be the dumbest question ever, but...

Options
124»

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    No there are no smart questions on MFP just dumb replies. Wait strike that. I'm teasing have your crystal light and smile.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Anyone harping on about aspartame being detrimental to our health is being ridiculous.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That depends on what you're trying to do. If you're eating clean, then, no, most clean eating types would not include it. Ditto paleo/primal. If you're eating very low carb, it does have some hidden carbs in it that need to be considered. If you're just cutting calories, then including it seems like a good way to go.
  • danivee33
    Options
    I used to drink Crystal Light but the artificial sweeteners make me sick after awhile and I can't drink it anymore.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. Great that you gave up soda!

Try water with lemon squeezed in and a few mint leaves. I drink this cold. I also drink it hot with a pinch of ginger.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly not sure? I know with me personally, I get headaches that just won't go away unless I flush that stuff out of my system. I'm fine until I start drinking that stuff, the mio same thing. It has to be something with the artifical sweetner, so I just personally stay away from them. But I've heard others who drink it and add it to their water intake when they are logging and do just fine.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Artificial 'food' sources - obviously there's so much controversy over this issue.
    Why take the chance?
    I decided NO to such things like Splenda, Aspartame, etc., a few years ago.

So...I like to brew some flavored tea - chill it and then I'll add stevia to it.
    (or squeezed lemon/lime/ginger/mint, etc.,)