198 lbs lost in a little over a year :D

Options

Replies

• CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Will you be showing successful before and after pictures of your "meat bags for legs" as you called them, or perhaps pictures along the way as you transform? Were there any exercises you could have done along the way to avoid that happening or did you check into it when you saw it happening? I'm also curious how you felt if you ever exerted yourself too much exercising on the low calorie intake and if you have had any numbers run to see how it affected your metabolism and immune system?

Umm no, I will not be showing my legs, ever. I called them "meat curtains" anyway; different visual; think of drapes. I didn't take a lot of pics before I got thin, and I still don't do that many. I am a bit camera shy and tend to feel that I am ugly. I never felt that I over exerted myself because I made sure not to. I had more and more energy as I went along and as I lost weight I began adding more calories back into my diet.

Sorry! I thought I quoted you right and didn't. I asked about the "numbers" from doctors blood tests etc because after I lost 50 pounds in 3 months after being stagnant for 2 years, my immune system went all wonky and I started having dizzy spells, turns out my immune system started killing off my blood platelets and they were at dangerously low levels. Here I thought I was fine because I was eating healthy and biking 3 miles a day to get my exercise in at the same time and it was all good, but my body went into starvation mode and went nuts. I'm dealing with the after affects now before I can get back on my bike again so I don't pass out on the road in front of a car or something.

I can't help but be impressed at your weight loss, just from experience I know how dangerous it is to do it so quick. Have you or are you planning on having a doctor check you out and run blood tests? I would think any doctor would want to after such a drastic amount of weight loss in the time you did it.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Man, you rocked it!!! WTG! Totally amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • laurahstephens
    Options
    Amazing work - you look like a different man!
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Outstanding result, really really speechless
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What an incredible job on your transformation. Congratulations to you :flowerforyou:
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow! Incredible progress!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    OMG, that transformation is just awesome! You became handsome :)
  • squishy84
    Options
    Brilliant! You look amazing! (and you have a great jaw line by the way!)

You are so disciplined, it's really inspirational :)
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi There: Congratulations on finding your smile again! You look fabulous!
    Enjoy your new smile.:smile:
  • pugzrock
    pugzrock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! What an inspiration :)
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If you are going to eat below 1200 a day you did it better than anyone I heard of yet. :) Congratulations!!!
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well done! Everyone has their own way and one person's method is not necessarily what works for another person.

Congratulations! I think you look amazing but more importantly, you look like you are HAPPY (and healthy I hope)! Well done.

for what it's worth, IMO, avoiding major surgery is always a plus!!!
  • mcrumpsf
    mcrumpsf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work. You look amazing! :)
  • beautyneyes
    beautyneyes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome!!! I think you made the best choice to forgo the operation. That doesn't teach you how to eat and how much. You did it!!! thanks for sharing. You are inspirational. Who cares about the skin thing. You have just gained many many years of life!!! Congrats. :)
  • amynicole0410
    Options
    you look years younger! congrats!
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am a bit camera shy and tend to feel that I am ugly.
    That is some warped definition of "ugly" you got there. OP, you are one sexy beast. I'd hit it, LOL

Also, this cult of silence around VLCDs has to stop. What is bariatric surgery except a forced VLCD? And doctors *still* endorse it, and MFP has no problem with threads about it.

I have followed nutritionally dense VLCDs for up to 2 months at a time with no significant muscle loss or other "starvation mode" symptoms. I don't endorse it just like I don't endorse any other diet - what works for me may not necessarily work for you, plus IANAD - but why shouldn't we be allowed to discuss our own strategies that worked? Why must we silence everyone whose experiences don't conform to the groupthink?
  • Jerijoh
    Jerijoh Posts: 107
    Options
    You pictures are so inspiring!
    Big *high five* to you!!!
    =D
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's a phenomenal amount of weight to lose in just over a year - like a few previous posters have pointed out, you look like an entirely different guy!

Great work!
  • vitaxo
    vitaxo Posts: 99
    Options
    amazing ! great work (:
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Will you be showing successful before and after pictures of your "meat bags for legs" as you called them, or perhaps pictures along the way as you transform? Were there any exercises you could have done along the way to avoid that happening or did you check into it when you saw it happening? I'm also curious how you felt if you ever exerted yourself too much exercising on the low calorie intake and if you have had any numbers run to see how it affected your metabolism and immune system?

Umm no, I will not be showing my legs, ever. I called them "meat curtains" anyway; different visual; think of drapes. I didn't take a lot of pics before I got thin, and I still don't do that many. I am a bit camera shy and tend to feel that I am ugly. I never felt that I over exerted myself because I made sure not to. I had more and more energy as I went along and as I lost weight I began adding more calories back into my diet.

Don't feel ugly!!! You look amazing!! And you've been a beautiful person regardless of your weight! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!