How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds or more?

Options

Replies

• knugentrn
    knugentrn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just want to throw this out there and maybe it will help, maybe it won't...but I have been using a weight loss hypnosis app off my iPad every night as I go to sleep. As far-fetched as it sounds, my self-control for food has never been better and I am VERY focused on doing what is healthy for my body. Not only do I find going to exercise easier, I have also been faithful with taking vitamins, weighing every morning, and really prioritizing my health like I never have before. I use the one with the apple with the tape measure around it. Hope this helps you too!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Slightly less than four months for 30 lbs for me personally, but everyone is different.
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    7 months
  • ambuford21
    ambuford21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wasn't expecting so many replies! Normally I'm a thread killer :)

This is exactly what I needed to hear. Sometimes I just freak out in my mind thinking that I've not really lost it even when I've looked at the progress. But I have a really bad habit of overthinking things too!

My initial goal is to be around 195 pounds since i've been there before and was really happy with it and was running well and felt like a million. Now if I lost more that would be wonderful, but at my height (5'11") 195 was a good look on me and gives me an initial "big goal" to work toward. When I get to that, then I'll reassess and move from there. But the 30 pounds to get to that point is a big step right now!
  • Lorijp
    Lorijp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So I know that this weight loss is going to take a while. So far I've lost 8 pounds in the 8 or 9 weeks I've been doing this, so I'm on track. I just need a little inspiration or validation sometimes. I see so many people on here who have lost 30+ pounds but never says how long it took them. I guess I kind of need that to put things in perspective. I keep telling myself that if I keep this up, I should really see big changes by my birthday in December. But some times, I really wish I could see some immediate impact though that is completely unrealistic. (Being hormonal right now probably isn't helping the mood either).

Anyway, I know I'll get there. I just want to hear other people's experience with time vs weight loss.

First of all men lost weight quicker and it stinks LOL My husband started June 3, 2013, High protein low carb (50-80 and he does go over) and has lost over 30 lbs. This is not a diet for us but a way of life. Now he will go higher in carbs after losing down to what he wants but I believe we will always watch our carbs and not go crazy. I don't think our body needs 500 carbs a day LOL
    He has not had any pop or sweets since June 3rd. His snacks are Nature valley (great value) protein bars, packaged peanuts, turkey bites or strips, peanut butter and celery, apples/peanut butter packaged out in the produce section, cheese sticks, sugar free blue bell bullets. Lots of things out there
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at a loss of 30lbs. I began my new lifestyle on 13/5/13 so approx. 11 weeks.
  • rbtkelley
    rbtkelley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    6' 3' male was 245 in late-March and am at 215 now, down 30 pounds in about 5 months. Low carbs (less than 80/day) and sugars, high fiber and protein. 5 more pounds to my goal weight.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1 year. But that is because I have PCOS and I got mono last year and then some other illness so for about 4.5 months I was only half assing MFP.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    The first thirty pounds took me three months approximately.
  • Ben_Avery
    Ben_Avery Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Between 4-5 weeks. It all depends on your starting weight.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I started about mid April, I'm currently at 32 pounds down.
  • GLove422
    Options
    Hi , I am I the same range you were in with the height and weight how did you lose the first 40 ? Any help is appreciated thanks !
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I've lost 52 pounds since early-mid April. Lots of cardio workouts and eating much better.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30 in about a month and a half. I was 275, and had a deficit that I thought would lose me 2lbs per week, it goes quick when you're big. I lost 70 in 7 months, so you can see how it slows down progressively. This time around 70ish lbs lighter, I've lost 4lbs in around a month ;)
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I lost 33lbs in 2 months. Cardio + clean eating.
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to loose 49.8 lbs. Still loosing but it has slowwweeddddd down. I am just trying to lean out now before doing a bulk to gain muscle.
  • MsKari02
    MsKari02 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started in mid April and have almost 30 off. It's a slow process but have to keep moving in a forward direction sometimes a little sometimes more. I have 40 more to go.
  • spiritofheather
    spiritofheather Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Took me 9 months to lose 38 pounds. I was not very strict with the plan though. Emotional triggers caused some weight gain and then I was quickly able to drop it again. If I exercised more I am sure that it would have come off much quicker. I have a long way to go, but I am happy with my progress.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It took from January 7th of this year to August 11th to loose 32lbs....but I also lost 9 inches in total as well.

So that is about 8months...I am fine with that as in late June early July nada for 4 weeks...(son graduated college was busy) but this past month 5lbs gone...
  • joepalton
    Options
    Weight lifting at night, cardio in the morning, carb cycles, about a month and a half.