Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs or just some toast with peanut butter
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Matrix protein powder, 2% milk, and either some berries or PB2. I'm not a morning person and either wouldn't eat anything or go back to my candy bar and soda. Usually don't get hungry for 3-3.5 hours.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelette w/ 2 egg whites; 1 slice Am cheese; 3 slices turkey; 1/4-1/2 c caramelized onions; sprinkled with some cajun seasoning (Tony's); and sometimes with a little fresh spinach tossed in... YUM-O
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I rotate 3:

Vanilla greek yogurt mixed with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and 2 Tbl. Grapenuts cereal

Lemon yogurt mixed with raspberries, sliced almonds, and Kashi Go Lean (original) cereal

Steel cut oats made with PB2 and sweetened with maple syrup
  • myrickn
    myrickn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Baked Oatmeal Cakes (from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/)

• 1/2 cup oats

• 1-2 Tablespoons Sweetener (Optional) (Sugar, Splenda, Honey, Maple Syrup)

• 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

• 1/4 cup Liquid (milk, creamer, juice, or water)

• Dried fruits and nuts ( add whatever you like)

• 1 – 3 Tablespoon Seasonings (Cinnamon, nutmeg, ect.)

• Bonus: 1-2 Table spoons of “nut” butter or oil for a different texture or flavor.

• Salt! To taste usually a small pinch per ½ cup oats.

Preheat oven to 365 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then add wet. Pour into a small baking

vessel. Loaf pan, Ramekins, Cupcake pan. Cupcake pans only hold ¼ cup of the mixture so you

get 2 for 1 serving.

Cook for 20 minutes, or until firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3 more minutes, or

until desired crispiness is reached (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust).

1 serving made any which way is about 180 calories. You may need to adjust based on what you

have added.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Either greek yogurt and fruit or oatmeal and fruit.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my fave so I am always rotating several things-

Over easy egg on dry wheat toast with coffee
    Steel cut oats with cane sugar and cinnamon, coffee
    Shakeology variation, coffee
    Traditional old fashioned oatmeal with brown sugar, coffee
    Wheat toast with almond butter or peanut butter and a fruit, coffee
    Protein pancakes with maple syrup, coffee

SO MANY AMAZING THINGS YOU CAN HAVE FOR BREAKFAST. Lol.

But yeah. I usually have a mid morning snack too. Because foodeatingfoodeating.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kosciej
    Kosciej Posts: 1
    Options
    Bran Flakes cereal with 1% milk and 0% yogurt on the side.
    I've found that even if I eat this breakfast really early in the morning, it still keeps me completely full and energetic until mid-afternoon, which is when I usually have my lunch.
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It's not awesomely delicious, but a Luna bar and a cup of coffee is pretty good! The only flavor I don't like is lemon.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Whats your favorite easy (and healthy of course) breakfast? Something that keeps you going until lunch.

Work days it's a fairly simple organic muesli and organic yoghurt with an apple, pear or orange. For days that I'm doing a long ride I'll go for three slices of wholemeal toast with mashed banana laced with honey, and a couple of pieces of fruit.
  • maresbears87
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit and almond milk, egg whites on toast, or a frozen slimfast :)
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I love scrambled eggs with one piece of toast and some kind of fruit. I'll probably still eat before lunch, but that keeps me the fullest. Mon-Fri I have to be out of the house by 6 am, and prior to that, I have to get ready for work, get my daughter up, get her changed and dressed, pack my lunch, take care of any chores from the night before, and see if I can squeeze in some push ups and step ups. So I don't make or eat breakfast at home. My go to breakfast during the week is a frozen flatbread egg and ham sandwich.
  • attybell
    attybell Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have to second the protein shake. I am not a morning person and without that I would skip breakfast completely and binge by lunch.
    very true
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Coffee with sugar free cream and Kashi Go lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax, Blueberries, Almond milk or Green Eggs- 2 eggs, spinach, Feta cheese.
  • emmarosegibson
    emmarosegibson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like a big breakfast so I have overnight oats with almond milk and pb2. I add fruit of some kind to it usually a pink lady apple and then I have a vanilla protein shake made with almond milk x
  • feffynj
    feffynj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tofu scramble with salsa:

1/2 tub extra firm tofu
    1/2 cup salsa
    2 Tbsp turmeric
    Saute it the night before

Calories: 288
    Carbs: 26
    Fat: 11
    Protein: 21
    Sodium: 565
    Sugar: 4
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Porridge.....
  • feffynj
    feffynj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ful medames (also spelled other ways) is one I used to have a lot and I'm going to start bringing it back into rotation. It's a fava bean dip, sort of. You puree the beans with some olive oil, spices, garlic, onion...and you scoop it with pita bread.

I think it's origins are Egyptian, but just about every Middle Eastern country/culture/family has their own variation.

Great with other mezze like tomato cucumber salad, lebane, hummus, babaganouj...
  • jenk7356
    jenk7356 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I second this! Awesome!