Seeking information/advice regarding ice cream

Options

Replies

• _KrisMarie_
    Options
    IIFYM!

If you can fit it in and it works with your plan then why not have it everyday?

Mostly this; unless this is what happens to you when you eat sweets (NSFW)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eUbnkVFQuE Otherwise, eat the ice cream! :smile:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Ice cream daily here, just not a lot of it :)
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i eat ice cream almost daily during the summer. which would be now. i just had one. i just make sure (normally) that it fits my calorie goals.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I personally break my pop tart up into pieces and mix it with my ice cream every night... Red Velvet and Skinny Cow Cookie Batter is an awesome combo!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I was half hoping somebody would say that. However, I refuse to believe that there's no catch to eating ice cream every day o_o

The only catch is that you're missing out on whatever tastier food you could have had vs. a McD's cone.

Me, if I'm getting ice cream, it ain't gonna be at McD's. Ideally, I'd be cruising to Cold Stone, but Ben & Jerry's would do. Even Baskin Robbins, in a pinch.
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I say GO FOR IT!!

I do some sort of cardio everyday just to make sure I can eat an ice cream cone with my little boys at night. It's our little summertime ritual and I love it!!
    Just make room in your day for those calories and ENJOY one of life's simple pleasures!

By the way, a small scoop of Breyers Extra Creamy vanilla in a Keebler cone is less than 100 calories!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I know McDonalds use to not use real ice cream for their shakes or cones, I don't know if that is still the case. Probably better to get real ice cream at the store or from an ice cream parlor :P
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I could think of much better ice cream than McDonalds soft serve...other than that, no issue.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    The answer isn't no, it's yes. I have some kind of ice cream bar/Popsicle pretty much every day and I'm doing well so far!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat nice icecream than McDonalds. :sick:

I don't think it's eating it every day that's a problem - it's eating too much fat/sugar/calories that's the problem and not eating a proper balance of nutrients.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've had Breyer's most days in the last 10 days, often with a cone too... that's like 130 calories, 19 carbs, 5g of fat total (for like 1/4 cup of ice cream). So, pretty close. And it fits fine in my calories. It's probably 'healthier' than the McDonald's cones though, as there's no chemicals in it.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream almost every night.

And thus I am of no use to you, except to say "I'd eat the ice cream."

Ditto

I've got chocolate peanut butter cup in the freezer calling my name now.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I was half hoping somebody would say that. However, I refuse to believe that there's no catch to eating ice cream every day o_o

What kind of catch could there be? If at the end of the night there are calories left and I've made my protein/fat goal I eat it. I had a cup of Carrot Cake ice cream last night. Wasn't as good as the Red Velvet I've been eating lately but you gotta make due with what's in the freezer.

Also, if I'm low on fat I'll choose ice cream over another snack. There's no catch.
  • kellymbock
    kellymbock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat Edys slow churn It iks really great and I love it. It is also low calories and many flavors to choose from :smile:
  • smichelle65
    smichelle65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey, so if I were to ask if it was ok to eat an ice cream cone from mcdonalds every day, the answer is obviously no. However, my question is, with specifics, why?

The nutrition information is as follows:

145 kcal, 5g fat, 17g sugar

Now, none of these numbers seem really high. Sugar could be lower but, there are many many things with higher sugar content.

Let's assume a scenario in which I couldn't care less about calories, what are my reasons for avoiding eating this food on a regular basis?

Why do I get the feeling that I've seen this exact post here before--complete with the "McDonald's" angle?
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I personally break my pop tart up into pieces and mix it with my ice cream every night... Red Velvet and Skinny Cow Cookie Batter is an awesome combo!

That sounds SO good - will be trying that at some point in the near future.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...

...Breyer's coffee ice cream.

I wonder which of the chemicals it's comprised of make it taste so good...
  • kat_lifts
    Options
    Because it's not real ice cream. It's a chemical-laden garbage from McDonald's.

Eat real food.

This
  • kat_lifts
    Options
    I like So Delicious Coconut Milk ice cream. Choc mint & Choc Mocha...

But truly my favorite treat is a blended frozen banana with a bit of almond milk, topped with chopped pecans & shredded coconut.... Now that is something I could indulge in errrryday.
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    What's IIFYM stand for? I see ppl say it a lot on here....