Quest bar?

Options

Replies

43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try the cookie dough but I do
    adore the brownie. Especially the macros.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My fav is the peanut butter supreme one, sooo good.

Used to like the brownie flavor now I find the luo han guo taste a bit too strong.

Never liked the lemon cream pie flavor..

Really wanna try the Cookie Dough flavor but they don't sell that here..

Ordered some cookie dough flavor, can't wait to try it! :D
  • jbgolf52
    jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite. I buy 2 boxes at a time. Banana Nut is second because it's softer than the other bars.

Stay away from the Quest peanut butter cups. They taste more like a sand dollar than a peanut butter cup!

You don't like the PB cups? Shame, I love them. I rotate between the CCCD, PB&J, and the PB cups.
  • cyndiwilliams1198
    cyndiwilliams1198 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    yum. I mic the brownie ones for a second or 2 then put a square of chocolate on top and ptress. Melty yuminess!
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    YES! Choc brownie and choc chip cookie dough. I do them in the oven for 10 mins at 180deg (centigrade) (350F). IHerb are a great site to buy them from too :)
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I got a bad/expired batch but I got some of the chocolate brownie flavored ones from GNC. They were hard as rocks and even when I heated them up to soften, they had a weird chemical butter taste that was pretty gross. I was really hoping to like these bars but I couldn't eat more than a couple bites before tossing.....and I am not very picky.

Anyone else find the chocolate brownie flavor to be gross? Or Quest bars from GNC? I really want to like these bars!

I think you probably got some that were expired. I haven't had this problem yet and I always order straight from the Quest website.
  • Jasmine2014
    Options
    OMG try baking it if you haven't already! It will make you feel like your in heaven!!! Just bake
    the bar at 350-400 degrees for 5-10 minutes , just watch it because they can burn easily! LOL
    BAKE it! I highly recommend it. Its awesome!!!!
  • SEvansHB
    SEvansHB Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love them, and they are the only bars that fit the low-carb profile I want. I like to cut them in thirds, smoosh em a bit, and bake them at 350 for about 8 minutes. Yum!
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    the new white chocolate and raspberry ones are spectacular
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok... I'm going to start baking them LOL.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the people posting the GNC coupon...went yesterday and got a few bars (plus other goodies). Eager to try them (nuked or baked) just have to work them into the diary. Based on the reviews here my expectations are high, lol
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My local GNC just got the White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bars in, I ran by and bought some after work yesterday. Tried one today for my afternoon snack and it was YUMMY! I will need to go back and buy more right now their bars are buy 3 get 1 free and if you use this coupon:
    http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20800.pdf
    you'll get $10 off $20 so you can buy 12 bars for $17 or so. Makes the bars $1.41 a pc or so! What a deal!
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You should also try rolling the cccd out with a rolling pin (... second thought, you may not need a rolling pin. I'm sure those biceps would flatten just about anything) to pie crust thin and bake for four minutes at 350. Awesome!:heart:
  • goldylocs37
    Options
    Had my first white chocolate raspberry Quest bar tonight! Delicious! Though I'm not sure anything beats the chocolate chip cookie dough. Other favs are the coconut cashew, banana nut muffin, and apple pie. Try changing it up by softening cccd or apple pie in the microwave, then rolling it out to thickness (or thinness) of pie crust, bake at 350 for 4 minutes, awesome:heart:! No need to search for low calorie cookie recipes any more when there's Quest bars in my pantry! Also great in the microwave for 15 seconds; they just don't seem to last as long.

I'm curious about your method! What's the consistency of this like after it's done baking? Also do you use a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray? I have to imagine it would stick like nobody's business if you didn't.
  • goldylocs37
    Options
    It bakes up just like a chocolate chip cookie. I prefer thin and crispy, that's why I roll it out. The chocolate chip bakes up well in the oven maybe because it contains more fat (10) than some of the others which have 6 grams. I have to say the apple is also awesome baked in the oven. I tried coconut and not as flavorful when baked.
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Best. Bars.Ever.

I've tried to nuke them but i prefer mine straight out of the package.

Coconut cashew is the bomb!
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with quest bars. Obsessed.