Beachbody workouts: ChaLEAN Extreme or TurboFire?

Options
2»

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Also, if money is no object...how has no one mentioned Stronglifts 5x5 or New Rules Of Lifting For Women? Or any other lifting program. Etc. Not sure, but are these programs that can last longer than 3 months? Something you can integrate outside of DVDs?

Sometimes, doing DVDs is 'limiting.' If you can get to a gym...y'know. That would be worth the money and the time and the effort.
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh that's so witty Davpul...Wow..I thought I left highschool 17 years ago...Im done here.

“There is no reply to the ignorant like keeping silence”
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm not bashing your workout programs.

And I never bashed yours. Point out where anyone said any such thing.

Oh wait...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Oh that's so witty Davpul...Wow..I thought I left highschool 17 years ago...Im done here.

alas, perhaps done here but not on the rest of the forums. you've been pitching beachbody programs on every thread for 10 solid days so i'm sure you're not done selling the product yet

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/by_user/26321621?page=3

good luck with the commissions
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

Saying what you said is still saying something. So...
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean just Beachbody. That's just what I've narrowed it down to because I've heard such great things about them. I did Jillian's 30 day shred in February but I haven't done anything since so I wanted something longer so maybe I'll actually stick with it until I reach my goal weight.

I love anything Chalene Johnson puts out - she is fun and full of energy, which keeps you going! :)

CLX is my personal fave and has been my go-to workout program for a long time - I've done several rounds, each time working to increase my strength. I've come a long, way with the weights from where I began! It's motivating to see how much stronger I lift each time! It does have cardio on alternating days and after the first two rounds, I started switching out different things for the cardio workouts just to change things up.

I don't think you can go wrong with Chalene Johnson - she's not the only instructor out there (obviously), but she's definitely my fave! I've tried other workouts by many different instructors, but they just aren't as motivating for me (Jillian Michaels has good intentions, I'm sure but I find her workouts pretty boring...).

If you are looking for cheaper alternatives, you can always try the New Rules of LIfting for Women or Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer over on bodybuilding.com. Jamie's workout is free and both are good - I just prefer to workout with a video! :)

Good luck with what ever you decide!
  • kaylacroswhite
    kaylacroswhite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 165 with the same goals as you. I'm not totally out of shape but I've been in better shape before.. I have been doing turbofire for a week now and I feel incredible! Add me if you wanna watch my progress and let me know if you get turbofire! I'd love to have a buddy!
  • kaylacroswhite
    kaylacroswhite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have also been feeling ver sore in my abs, butt, arms, back and other misc. places. You'll get toned from turbofire, trust me!
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire! It is Intense and so much fun!! I always burn a TON of calories!! I've done one round and had great results! Add me as a friend if you need a workout buddy.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am doing a TurboFire/CLX hybrid program right now. I'm in the second of a three month schedule. I still have the goal of losing an additional 14 pounds (I've lost 111 so far). But with this combination so far, I have maintained around 160 and can't seem drop much lower. It's frustrating, but I also know it's because I'm doing strength training, which I wasn't before. I can feel muscles I didn't even know I had. And ultimately, as Chalene says, MUSCLE BURNS FAT! So I'm hoping she's right on that one ;) I have one month left after this, and it's pretty much exclusively TF, so we'll see if that shakes things up enough for me to start dropping again.

But I must say, I love all of Chalene's programs. I started on Turbo Jam which was so fun I couldn't believe I was doing exercise. But I love Chalene. I love her sense of motivation, her positive attitude, her joker side, but most of all, her knowledge. She knows what she's talking about, and does a great job of explaining things.

(Disclaimer: I am not a BeachBody coach, just a happy woman using Chalene's fitness programs!)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
  • fab_fierce_fit
    fab_fierce_fit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    TURBO FIRE!!! Turbo fire is my soul mate workout. I am so honored to be able to attend Chalenes live class every week. Everytime I finish turbo fire I always feel like I just got done being chased by a cheetah while running backwards on bare feet with a 200 pound man on my back. Yeah.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried either yet, but I have now purchased both since both interested me. I'm going to start the hybrid plan tomorrow. :happy: