Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

pictures of women at the high end of their bmi

If anyone has any they would be willing to share I would love to see what you looked like at the high end of your BMI. I've never been small so I don't know a weight I would be happy at. I'm 5'5" so any women of similar height would really be appreciated as well!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    I am 5'2 and currently somewhere between 150-152 I think. I am always considered overweight with my BMI. It's a terrible tool to use - body fat % is much better.
  • If it helps you at all I'm considered obese by my bmi.
  • nrbrake
    nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
    I should have clarified more, I don't lift or do anything strength training aside from body weight exercises. I do understand it can vary greatly person to person and that muscular people will be "overweight" by bmi.
  • micheleb15
    I should have clarified more, I don't lift or do anything strength training aside from body weight exercises. I do understand it can vary greatly person to person and that muscular people will be "overweight" by bmi.

It has nothing to do with lifting; lifting doesn't make me weigh more. Height is the issue.
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    If it helps you at all I'm considered obese by my bmi.

How could that NOT make us feel better. lol
  • micheleb15
    Dup.
  • BMI is baby back bullsh*t....

It says i am underweight and my beautiful thin lifting friend has an obese bmi its nuts
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    I am 5'1" and now 152 lbs, which is a BMI of 28.7. My goal is to be between 120 - 130 lbs.

January 2013, BMI: 41.8
    296gab7.png

Middle of July 2013, BMI: 29.7
    2d7g22d.png
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    <--- 5 6" and 1lb away from overweight.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Don't have a picture handy, but at my highest weight I was 5'5.5" and 150 lbs. That's right on the edge of being overweight, but I was technically still "normal." The issue was that my body fat % put me well into the "obese" category. I looked awful and felt extremely uncomfortable in my skin. A lot of women my height wouldn't have that issue at that weight because of more muscle mass and a different fat distribution. BMI really is not a good indicator of what you'll look like/if you're healthy at a certain weight, especially at the extreme ends.

ETA that if you really want to see a lot of photos, figure out the weight and height for the BMI you're interested in and search mybodygallery.com.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    My current BMI is 33. My avatar pic was taken yesterday. I am 5' 4".
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    <---- BMI says I am overweight, halfway to obese. 5'3 and 150lbs, size 4/6US or 8/10UK. My goal weight is 140, which is still overweight according to BMI.

To be within the "healthy" BMI range I'd have to loss a lot of muscle. No thanks! :)
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    BMI is the worst way to determine health, BFP is way more important!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    BMI says I'm overweight and I wear a size 2/4.
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    I should be getting a swimsuit in the mail today (eek!), so I'll take a picture then. I'm just under 36 BMI at 242 lbs and 5'9'-5'10''ish tall.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    5' 7" here and 165 lbs. BMI of 25.8 Photos in my profile.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Check out mybodygallery.com

You can plug in your stats and see pics of women with similar stats.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    My before (isn't my highest weight) and after is my profile pic. But.. even in that "after" photo I was still considered overweight since I'm short. Bummer. But now I'm in the normal category as of today, which has taken forever to get to. I heard BMI isn't the best thing to look to, since it doesn't count in a lot of factors but.. to each their own :)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    If it helps you at all I'm considered obese by my bmi.

:noway: Best looking case of obesity I've ever seen. (Shame on me for encouraging you to remain obese......:blushing: )
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    I am 5'5" and started with a BMI of 62.4 at 375lbs. Scary :noway: I am now down to 210lbs and a BMI of 34.9. My goal is 145lbs which puts me at a BMI of 24.1 which is just barely under the high end of normal. I have never been skinny and my doctor said anywhere between 145 and 160 would be a reasonable healthy weight for me.

This picture is a few months old now, but you get the general idea

922845_10151405850978596_1024660196_n.jpg