pictures of women at the high end of their bmi

Options
If anyone has any they would be willing to share I would love to see what you looked like at the high end of your BMI. I've never been small so I don't know a weight I would be happy at. I'm 5'5" so any women of similar height would really be appreciated as well!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently somewhere between 150-152 I think. I am always considered overweight with my BMI. It's a terrible tool to use - body fat % is much better.
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    If it helps you at all I'm considered obese by my bmi.
  • nrbrake
    nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I should have clarified more, I don't lift or do anything strength training aside from body weight exercises. I do understand it can vary greatly person to person and that muscular people will be "overweight" by bmi.
  • micheleb15
    Options
    I should have clarified more, I don't lift or do anything strength training aside from body weight exercises. I do understand it can vary greatly person to person and that muscular people will be "overweight" by bmi.

It has nothing to do with lifting; lifting doesn't make me weigh more. Height is the issue.
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options

How could that NOT make us feel better. lol
  • micheleb15
    Options
    Dup.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    BMI is baby back bullsh*t....

It says i am underweight and my beautiful thin lifting friend has an obese bmi its nuts
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and now 152 lbs, which is a BMI of 28.7. My goal is to be between 120 - 130 lbs.

January 2013, BMI: 41.8
    296gab7.png

Middle of July 2013, BMI: 29.7
    2d7g22d.png
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    <--- 5 6" and 1lb away from overweight.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Don't have a picture handy, but at my highest weight I was 5'5.5" and 150 lbs. That's right on the edge of being overweight, but I was technically still "normal." The issue was that my body fat % put me well into the "obese" category. I looked awful and felt extremely uncomfortable in my skin. A lot of women my height wouldn't have that issue at that weight because of more muscle mass and a different fat distribution. BMI really is not a good indicator of what you'll look like/if you're healthy at a certain weight, especially at the extreme ends.

ETA that if you really want to see a lot of photos, figure out the weight and height for the BMI you're interested in and search mybodygallery.com.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    My current BMI is 33. My avatar pic was taken yesterday. I am 5' 4".
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    <---- BMI says I am overweight, halfway to obese. 5'3 and 150lbs, size 4/6US or 8/10UK. My goal weight is 140, which is still overweight according to BMI.

To be within the "healthy" BMI range I'd have to loss a lot of muscle. No thanks! :)
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    BMI is the worst way to determine health, BFP is way more important!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    BMI says I'm overweight and I wear a size 2/4.
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I should be getting a swimsuit in the mail today (eek!), so I'll take a picture then. I'm just under 36 BMI at 242 lbs and 5'9'-5'10''ish tall.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    5' 7" here and 165 lbs. BMI of 25.8 Photos in my profile.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Check out mybodygallery.com

You can plug in your stats and see pics of women with similar stats.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My before (isn't my highest weight) and after is my profile pic. But.. even in that "after" photo I was still considered overweight since I'm short. Bummer. But now I'm in the normal category as of today, which has taken forever to get to. I heard BMI isn't the best thing to look to, since it doesn't count in a lot of factors but.. to each their own :)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options

:noway: Best looking case of obesity I've ever seen. (Shame on me for encouraging you to remain obese......:blushing: )
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started with a BMI of 62.4 at 375lbs. Scary :noway: I am now down to 210lbs and a BMI of 34.9. My goal is 145lbs which puts me at a BMI of 24.1 which is just barely under the high end of normal. I have never been skinny and my doctor said anywhere between 145 and 160 would be a reasonable healthy weight for me.

This picture is a few months old now, but you get the general idea

922845_10151405850978596_1024660196_n.jpg