If you are a walker, you may walk into this thread

Options

Replies

• AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I love walking too... I can't wait to get home and find some trails .
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Walker checking in!

I didn't realize my other thread would be such a buzzkill, lol. Who do these people think they are? xD

Yea, I read your thread, and some of the people were just rude! I thought these forums were supposed to be for support. It's the Internet, but it's still BS.

And walking is just lovely; it helps me explore the neighborhood, instead in front of a screen all day. And weights are boring :)
    Thank goodness for the blessed ignorance that is the ignore list!

I love looking for new places to walk. There are lots of trails around my area, and some are quite long. (:
  • walkee
    walkee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My mfp name speaks for itself....I'm a walkee!!
  • Vick53
    Vick53 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am a proud walker. Makes me feel good.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Walking's great. It's something I love, so it's not a chore to do.
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love walking, hence, my MFP name! Since getting my Fitbit last September I have logged over 1000 miles! I also walk 10K's, and half marathons all over the U. S. I walk outside, inside, to DVD's (Leslie Sansone is my fav) Yes, indeed, walking for exercise is great for my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It's my go-to. :)
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i love walking!! i just about walk everywhere :)
  • denimandroses
    Options
    Walking, hiking, and step are faves for aerobic workouts; I know someone said they found weights boring, I've started lifting recently and really like it. :happy:
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No form of exercise is more relaxing onto me than hitting the trails with my dogs off leash. It brings me joy.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    6-8 miles every other day and love it!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Walking is my main form of exercise, although I'm adding some things now for my upper body.

I leave my car at home in the driveway and walk to work and all errands (except for things that are too heavy to carry home, like 20 lb bags of dog food). I haven't bought any gas for my car since March 2013. On the weekends I hike in a nearby national park and like to walk 8-10 miles a day. I love walking in cities, too, although I don't live in one now. I'm originally from Washington, D.C. and loved to walk there, too.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    In..

Because 1) i read the name totaly wrong *anker instead of walker

and
    2) 22,970 steps on a 10hour shift :wink:
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    This is not what I was thinking...
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Walking, hiking, and step are faves for aerobic workouts; I know someone said they found weights boring, I've started lifting recently and really like it. :happy:
    That's great! Do what you enjoy.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Me too!! When the weather is nice I go on my lunch break to a path near my work... last time I went I saw all kinds of butterflies. I prefer walking outside to on a treadmill but don't always have much choice.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I hate walking!!! However I am training to walk a Marathon in November.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a good walk. But if you see this guy you may want to pick up the pace.

Walking-Dead-Podcast.jpg

Hates walkers! :tongue:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    image-67.jpg~original

image-66.jpg~original