• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My favorite Walker:

tumblr_m2hfj4Oc4N1qf3hom.gif
  • ninefan
    ninefan Posts: 2
    Options
    I walk as well 5+ miles per day...........I hope I start to see more weight loss.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to walk at least 2 miles every day (with my 2 dogs) but I'm having trouble staying on track. To be fair though I live in AZ and it's REALLY hot this time of year! :smile:

I do enjoy walking though. Lets me clear my head, and it's a super low impact exercise. For being only 22 I have really bad joint pain, especially in my knees, so I have to keep it light.

I think I'm going to walk the PF Changs 1/2 Marathon in January.

PS- I use RunKeeper to track my walks. Highly recommend it!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I love walking and have walked 11 half marathons since 2004. Walking is so good on so many levels. And when I get my new hip in 4 DAYS!!!! I will be walking once again....

Walk on, my friends....
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i will only walk with my pup :) only time its enjoyable
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I walk nowhere just run. Sometimes it's awkward when I'm in grocery stores but people gotta get the hell outta the way. Other times are in the bathroom, such short distances a full sprint can be tricky I find myself having to run in small circles to maintain the speed.
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am a walker and LOVE it!!! Started 6 months ago and could barely walk a mile in 25 minutes during the whole day. Now I walk a mile in 18 minutes and I am up to walking 7 miles a day!! Cannot run because of car accident when I was 18 years old.
  • Janyaa
    Janyaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to be a walker! Walkers unite!
  • flash2009
    flash2009 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I understand it's not the most effective form of exercise, but nothing improves my mood like a long walk. The fresh air and vitamin d make me happy. And Daryl has yet to include mine in his ear necklace.
  • kyliep99
    kyliep99 Posts: 15
    Options
    I love walking, I can walk for hours - it might not burn many calories but it's good for my head :smile:
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Saw walker and thought, "the walking dead"
    :0
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    ^^^then it's not just me. LOL
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

Nope neither one of you are alone...Walking Dead Head here too....thought the same thing...although I do like a good stroll
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Braaaaaiinnnnnnnssssss
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

Nope neither one of you are alone...Walking Dead Head here too....thought the same thing...although I do like a good stroll

I do too! Totally off topic about walking but about walkers....can't wait until October!!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    love walking :D especially in very nature esqu places :)
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

I do too! Totally off topic about walking but about walkers....can't wait until October!!

Justice the great thing about going off thread is this..give me about 60 seconds
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I love The Walking Dead if that counts?
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Walker here! I'd love to run...and maybe if I stop falling off curbs and ripping tendons then maybe someday I will. I try to walk 3 miles every other day!