Feeling dizzy during workout? what could be the problem?

Options
2»

Replies

• maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Get your blood pressure checked if you haven't done that recently. It's not very likely to be the problem, but if you do have high blood pressure lifting can make it go dangerously high.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This happened to me just recently. Something like that hasn't happened to me in years. I think what happened for me was 1) I was dehydrated 2) blood sugar was already low before the workout and 3) I pushed myself way too hard. After I had some ice cold water to drink, some on my face, and a light snack, I felt back to normal. The next workout after that I was hesitant to push myself for fear of getting the same reaction, but I was fine.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I get this when I am doing intense boxing rounds with my trainer.
    I have mild COPD though, and have a tendency to not breathe enough when doing intense exercise.
    Fortunately, he reminds me frequently to breathe out, so I have not passed out yet.
    But it is an unpleasant sensation.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Heart rate is too high.
  • flash2009
    flash2009 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel faint often during HIIT and circuit training and have passed out at the gym ( left me with a lovely facial carpet burn ). :( I've had blood taken and everything came out fine. I've just boiled it down to sinus issues or spikes in blood pressure from changing positions quickly. However, when it's my time the month, even a light workout can make me go all funny. Best of luck!