How much weight can I safely lose in a month?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I, a married 42 year old really white guy, laughed at this thread...

...but now I feel guilty.

Should I?

Edit: for clarification
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I laughed at this thread...

Should I?

I don't know. Are you white?
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Why does the OP only have 3-4 months? Is she dying? Or getting married (which is the same thing)?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Should I?

Or Catholic?
  • 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    WELL MY MOMS WHITE AND MY DADS BLACK SO AM I JUST GANA BE STUCK ?? FREAKIN PEOPLE SMDH.........
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    White people generally lose weight at a rate 2.3 times slower than everyone else. Sorry hun, you're out of luck. It will most likely take you 6.89 months instead.

See! I knew there was a reason I lose slow. Finally somebody has validated my theory! :wink:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    WELL MY MOMS WHITE AND MY DADS BLACK SO AM I JUST GANA BE STUCK ?? FREAKIN PEOPLE SMDH.........

Yes. You're stuck. Damn those genetics.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Should I?

Good catch.

I edited my post.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    funny funny funny...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Should I?

Having a tan helps not only with losing weight, but with the white guilt. I felt much more guilty in February than I do now.
  • mrdgrayiii
    Options
    I was wondering the same ****ing thing... What kind of dumb *kitten* answer was that...?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I was wondering the same ****ing thing... What kind of dumb *kitten* answer was that...?

Uh...

...what?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    SenseOfHumor.jpg
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm 66% west African, 30% Scandinavian and 4% Native American. Can someone extrapolate my weight loss without exact tribal information on the 4?

No problem, I'll calculate that for you. Oh. Ummmm.... Uh oh. I have some bad news. You're already dead. So sorry.

RIP.

Teammate down.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    i have also been strugglin with this. i been trying to lose and been tracking and eating only half back my exercise calories but been not seeing anything different on the scales. i am also white mostly irish and scottish but there might be an ancestor in the wood pile because i tan good but have not been losing the weight. they told me in a different thread to not eat white foods like mashed tatoes and white rice and white bread and i'm wondering if that was advice that doesn't work because i tan good?

OMG! This may be my issue as well. Does anybody know the answer to this?

You just have to brown your mashed potatoes and rice, and toast your bread when you're tan. Duh.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This has been fun.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    White people can generally lose up to 1kg a week, but at your weight probably 0.5kg/week would be about right, so 2kg a month.

Basically to make this program work, use the tools available to set your goal for 0.5 kg (1lb) per week and stick to your calorie goals. Exercise will help you look and feel better and make you healthier, just log whatever you do and you get extra calories for your effort. Aim to get to zero at the end of the day, leaving a bunch of leftover calories is counterproductive.

I just laughed soooooo hard reading this.
  • zapballs
    zapballs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oooooh girl, it's a marathon not a sprint.
  • johnelwell
    johnelwell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi
    One pound a week is good, please feel free to add me if I can help in your goal
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Hi
    One pound a week is good, please feel free to add me if I can help in your goal

Oh I bet you can. -winkwinknudgenudge-
This discussion has been closed.