What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tore the bottom of my beautiful crepe work trousers on my heels as going upstairs. Reason, they were falling off me so sat too low. New pair (size smaller) ordered

Got hit upon by a very nice man whilst on holiday. Hubby not impressed

Hubby commented on my much tighter *kitten*.

Turned down a chocolate fudge brownie after checking the calories (530)!

All good!
  • donsun51
    donsun51 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I ran in my first 5K and achieved my goal of running the entire way! I felt great knowing I accomplished my goal!
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Stretchy drawstring gym shorts I just tied tighter last week now fall off while walking around the house.

Flabby wrinkly deflated bit of thigh at the top now migrating to whole length of thigh... for the win?

Edit: Not this week, but the one that really matters: A1C down to 5.5 wooooop

Congratulations on the A1C that is amazing!
  • rsimoneau1
    rsimoneau1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Last night I went through my closet and rounded up 4 bags of clothes to donate.

This morning, the president of the company/division I work for (his office is in another state) asked me who I was. He hadn't seen me in a few months......
  • dbrady102
    dbrady102 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of P90X - still can't make it through the whole DVD on any of them but I almost made it all the way through CardioX (my favorite one so far) and made through more of each one than last week! I can't believe how much better I feel after just 2 weeks, even though I have to alter some of the exercises (my belly gets in the way and I can't jump in the air just yet more than a couple times). I also noticed that it's so much easier to get up of the floor now than it was a couple weeks ago. :smile:
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I noticed my tummy was flatter :)
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    I've logged in every day this week (actually around 14 days)

I've walked/ran every day since Monday and the running is getting easier. The idea of running is exciting to me it calls to me.
    My dh said my ponytail goes back and forth. I've been pointing out college girls as we pass the nearby college that their ponytails did
    that and I would say, "I'm going to do that" lol and I'm doing that.

My friend saw me at a baby shower on Saturday and on Sunday when she saw me she said I know you couldn't of but you look like you lost weight since yesterday. Love her!

Wearing a pair of shorts today that I could bearly get into last year without passing out. Now they are a bit tight but I'm comfortable and have been wearing them all day.

Tried on a pair of tan capris I have...I have a bunch of them... and I thought they were a different pair. But I put them on and they zipped up but were too tight to wear. I was bummed. But then I realized they were the ones that last summer I couldn't even get the zipper to begin to zip. It layed wide open then. Now it zips up.

I work on a school bus as an attendant and I can get off and on with each kid with no trouble. No getting winded or being miserable from moving around so much. Yay!!!

While waiting for my dh to pick me up I threw in a 12 minute walk around the building. Why just stand there?

I love this post and everyone's NSV's....It's helping me immensely. I beginning to believe I can win this battle and do amazing things I have never been able to do. :smile:
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I found out I now wear a size 8 pants. Single digits for the first time in my adult life.
  • ssgolds
    ssgolds Posts: 8
    Options
    Didn't get to compete in the latest "Biggest Loser" contest at my company. I was told I was too skinny :-)
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    A woman at the gym asked me what I've been doing and advice on how to progress to lifting heavier and heavier weights. I felt awesome after that!
  • Madele1ne
    Madele1ne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I ran 10.5 km today. (Furthest run, longest run, slowest run!)
    As I was going along I realised that my upper body does not slosh around any more when I run.
    Also sometimes I even get in the zone and enjoy myself. And I think my legs have changed shape since I started running seriously, my pants fit differently.
    Can't wait to crush my 12km race at the end of the month!
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    1. Lost an inch around my waist and 3 inches around my hips since I last checked.
    2. A skirt that was a bit tight on me before fits great now.
    3. Have received compliments from people on my looking thinner.
  • Thea53186
    Thea53186 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I could slide a pair of 12s on. Sure... I had a muffin top - but they were on and zipped!!!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I totally resisted some free pizza at work. *Flex*

Oh my god... you're my hero!
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can look in the mirror without wanting to break it...
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My ever so honest 7 yr old said as he patted my belly, gee mom you don't look like your pregnant any more! lol woo hooo!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    This amusing conversation:

Wow! You really *are* losing weight. It's really obvious!
    Thanks!
    What are you doing?
    Oh, just eating better and exercising better.
    What are you eating?
    Just food. But in better proportions with proteins, carbs, and fats.
    No, but what are you eating?
    Just food. Lots of vegetables, fruits, chicken, fish, beef, eggs, hummus, beans, yogurt, potatoes, rice, cereal, milk. Just food.
    No, but what are you eating to lose weight?
    Yeah. Vegetables, fruits, meats, beans, dairy, whole grains. Just food. Just in better proportions and portion sizes.
    Yeah. Good food,. Just in a better way.
    Come on! Really, what are you eating?

I ended up just giving her a mysterious smile and walking away. I was highly amused.
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Got my first LEVI's Jeans in my entire live today... Shopguy estimated me to be size 34/30 went out the shop with a demi curve size 32/30 that fits totally comfortable. Plus: got a discount of 50%:love:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Ignored my metro farecard for two days in DC and walked everywhere. Jogged some too. Logged 13 miles on Friday, 11 more on Saturday. But the BEST part was stairs. I logged 105 flights one day (got a new badge!), and 50 the next! Totally earned myself killer desserts with dinner each night and still finished each day under calorie target. :tongue:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    This amusing conversation:

Wow! You really *are* losing weight. It's really obvious!
    Thanks!
    What are you doing?
    Oh, just eating better and exercising better.
    What are you eating?
    Just food. But in better proportions with proteins, carbs, and fats.
    Just food. Lots of vegetables, fruits, chicken, fish, beef, eggs, hummus, beans, yogurt, potatoes, rice, cereal, milk. Just food.
    No, but what are you eating to lose weight?
    Yeah. Vegetables, fruits, meats, beans, dairy, whole grains. Just food. Just in better proportions and portion sizes.
    Yeah. Good food,. Just in a better way.
    Come on! Really, what are you eating?

I ended up just giving her a mysterious smile and walking away. I was highly amused.
    Hilarious! Next time, maybe tell them you're on the new "cricket legs and compost chutney" diet. Or something like that. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!