How much weight did you lose before people noticed?

Options

Replies

• bethiepoo30
    Options
    I'm around 5'10"" and started at 316.5. My immediate family noticed at about 13 pounds. With others, it was around 40 or 50 pounds. I'm currently at 197.6 and have lost 118.9 pounds. It seems like once I got to the 100 pounds lost mark, everyone noticed. Now, folks notice like two pound losses. Of course, I've been training a lot so my body composition has drastically improved too.

As for folks I haven't seen in awhile, wow. They just go on and on. My ego likes it a bit but sometimes it can be a little embarrassing depending on the crowd.
  • A01fe
    A01fe Posts: 15
    Options
    I think it probably depends how often peoplesee you. I've lost 12 pounds since May. My friends haven't really noticed but a colleague from work who I haven't seen since May couldn't believ how different my body shape was.
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's aunt noticed after about 10 pounds. But besides her I haven't exactly gotten comments on my weight. I've had people say I look better or hotter. Or that I'm starting to look like my mom. But other than that none about my weight. I'm not too bothered, or at least I try not to be. I'm trying to focus more on how I feel.
  • migdalp
    migdalp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started getting a compliment after 10 - 15 lbs and from far distance family.
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    I started my journal at 242 lbs and people noticed after I lost 25 lbs...
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Start 220 height 5'9"

It really started showing in my face at 20 lbs. My face is no longer puffy.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I GAINED weight and people "noticed" it was very depressing...so I don't tell people anymore that I'm on a weightloss program. I just smiled and thanked her as she said "wow you look great. You can really tell the weighloss is working" I didn't have the heart to tell her I GAINED 10 pounds in 2 weeks >:-(
  • BreannaJohnson1030
    BreannaJohnson1030 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have lost 11 lbs in the past 5 mo and i fit in my pre baby jeans and i feel great but i dont think no one can notice yet but I feel great thats what matters to me!
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    There is no way they did not notice. I think they are just jealous & I bet you look terrific.
    20 or so lbs. - I'm 5'1". I was amazed at how long it took people to realize it. I'm at 27 lbs. now and someone just asked me over the weekend if I had lost some weight! It's very noticable - especially on short people.
  • Cantona08
    Options
    To be honest, I don't pay much attention to what OTHER people look like/weigh. So much of my thoughts are focused on myself, am I eating right, am I losing, how long is it until lunch, my pants fit better, etc. Unless I see someone who has lost a significant amount of weight would it even register.

The people I see everyday I would never notice if they dropped 10 pounds.

I've lost 23 pounds as of today, and my 7 year daughter has no idea whatsoever. Yes, I understand she is only 7 and that is outside the scope of her thoughts, but its also because I see her everyday, so its just as gradual to her as it is to me, so its beyond notice.

My parents who live out of state and I only see twice a year knew the instant they saw me that I had dropped pounds.

I also always think about being at the beach. I say to myself, "When you go to the beach, are you looking at other people and wondering what they weigh, and are judging them on how overweight they are, and thinking that guy over there is bulging over his bathing suit?" Of course the answer is no, I just think everyone is thinking that about ME. In reality, most people are worried about themselves, which if nothing else, allows me to relax just a tad. :)
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and have lost 30lbs. I have only had one person (not family) notice so far. :( quite discouraging!
  • karlyelindsay
    karlyelindsay Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 11 and for me by 20 pounds everyone seemed to notice but I am also trying to lose 66 total so I have more to lose than you!
  • scordrick
    Options
    People started noticing around 15 pounds because my face was starting to slim but I didnt really get the "wow" comments until around the 25 pound marker. Today, I got whistled at by a coworker. LOL!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 5.5 inches and people started to notice around 10 pounds. Start weight 177-->167. Now I'm about 155 and A LOT of people have noticed. My goal weight is 135, what will people say then? LOL. I'm not losing the weight fast though so from week to week no big difference, but over the course of 5 months I can definitely tell a difference now.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and people I didn't see very often started to notice practically immediately. With people I see more often it took about 10-15 pounds before people commented.
  • nathandickens
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and was 320lbs and now I'm around 270lbs and people really started commenting around 20 - 30lbs loss.
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The heavier you are, the longer it takes. I started at 316lbs and it took about 40lbs before anyone noticed. Now I'm around 216lbs and, after an extended 1 1/2yr plateau, I've started losing again. People noticed after the first 8lbs this time.
  • samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and got my first, "I was just wondering, have you lost weight?" from my office-mate after 11.5 lbs. Yes. I remember precisely how much I had lost.

My face is apparently noticeably thinner, although the rest of my body hasn't caught up to that progress yet. ; )
  • vanessabeams
    vanessabeams Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 5 2 as well i have 80pounds to lose Ive lost 15 now and people just starting to notice :)